Unable to proc certain interactions

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
I've been trying for a while to get a couple interactions to occur to see how they fit, and can't get them to work out. One is the Dane encounter on New Texas. I did as the wiki said and went there before Tarkus to the milk barn area and spent quite a long time just moving up and down that corridor with no encounters outside the Ogram/Amma one. I also tried, on another character, to get the Natalie interaction after capturing a varmint and having silicone on hand and never have gotten the option from that.

Is there any specific thing not listed in the wiki that I need to do to get these to proc, or am I just getting unlucky with the random die roll streak?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Well, I didn't know the Dane encounter existed, so can't help you there, but with the varmint it needs to have escaped your inventory and be roaming around the ship. You may need to spam the talk option for a bit as well, it seems to take a while to show up.

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
82 views as of now, and no one knows for sure. I tried the NT Dane thing again for a stupid amount of time with no results. Spent about 2 weeks game time walking up and down 'til my mouse clicker got sore.

Can someone move this to the Bug Report area so that someone else might be able to check the code to see if it's set to 1 in 4000 instead of 1 in 4 as per the wiki?

Thanks.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I just procced it, so it works just fine. The room is called "The Barn" in the top left.

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
Yes, I know where it is. As I said, I'm doing it just as the wiki says and have continued it repeatedly for weeks of game time now, not counting times I've reloaded saves and started a day all over. I've gotten the 2 variants of Amma/Ogram, the 2 variants for Millie, and the Gianna stuff, but never the Dane one which the wiki says is a 1/4 chance. IMO, either the odds are off or there is another requirement not mentioned in the wiki or I am the only person who can't get a 1/4 chance to ever occur.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Let me get your save.

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
Just tried an alternate character doing the same things, but this time I took the treatment, and the Dane encounter occurred nearly immediately. It doesn't say that is a prerequisite, and from what he said it wouldn't make sense that it was, so I guess I just caught an incredibly long unlucky streak with that other character build.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Just tried an alternate character doing the same things, but this time I took the treatment, and the Dane encounter occurred nearly immediately. It doesn't say that is a prerequisite, and from what he said it wouldn't make sense that it was, so I guess I just caught an incredibly long unlucky streak with that other character build.
What happens in the encounter? Just curious.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
The Treatment isn't a prereq, no. Still think you should have just given me your save to check.

He just walks out and he's like "Oh hey, don't tell Jill."

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
What happens in the encounter? Just curious.
If you wait long enough on New Texas, just between the dong & breast milkers, you get to view brief snips of folk using them. Dane appears among the folk you'll encounter.
Also, the scene works for me to, as I just tried and found him myself.

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
If you wait long enough on New Texas, just between the dong & breast milkers, you get to view brief snips of folk using them. Dane appears among the folk you'll encounter.
Also, the seen works for me to, as I just tried and found him myself.
I'm aware of where the scenes appear, I was just curious about the content of the encounter.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I'm aware of where the scenes appear, I was just curious about the content of the encounter.
Nothing much. Dane comes from one of the stalls, tells ya he's there for 'a little R&R', and right before he leaves he tells ya "Don't tell Jack/Jill".
Not really a big scene, it's just one of those small snips like the others, and easy to miss if you're moving squares too fast.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Nothing much. Dane comes from one of the stalls, tells ya he's there for 'a little R&R', and right before he leaves he tells ya "Don't tell Jack/Jill".
Not really a big scene, it's just one of those small snips like the others, and easy to miss if you're moving squares too fast.
Thanks

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
The Treatment isn't a prereq, no. Still think you should have just given me your save to check.

I don't have a file sharing service set up anywhere except ones that just do jpegs and such. I didn't really want to try to upload it via the message system here because I'm not sure how such things are handled and didn't want to take up the space. I'll link it if I find something suitable.