UGC SPACE STATION

Achyor

Jun 15, 2020
Bebis
Helloooo!

I'm currently working on some characters and events leading up to them. Most are members of the UGC; peacekeepers, agents, council members and what not.
I won't get into any details about them, since that's not what I'm really here to talk about. I've been trying to figure out a good center ground for these characters and whatever others I will be making.

Thumping my noggin for a few days sprung up the idea of:

UGC Space Station

A spaceport and hub for the galactic confederacy. Housing staff such as law enforcers, representatives, affiliates, and high council members.

Some areas that first came in mind were:
-Bar Lounge
-Training/Exercise Room
-Unisex Bath room
-Law Enforcement Department
-Detention/Prison area
-Executive department
-Council room

This sounded like the ideal place for certain characters I'm creating. But before I go at it, I wanted to know how everyone(especially TiTS staff) felt about this being a new location. Sounds like a good idea? If yes, Way Cool! I'll work on it!

Also, I know this is quite the big load(zones, coordinates, system, etc...), but believe me when I say I'm dead-set on tackling this baby. I mean, there's already one character of mine in the event submission forum that will be a part of this.

Plus, accomplishing this behemoth opens a foundation of expansion opportunities for the community to partake in.

Achyor

Jun 15, 2020
Bebis
We... we have this exact thing already. It's called Tavros.
Wait, so the UGC's base is on Tavros station? Really? One might think a galactic central government would have, you know, it's own station and/or headquarters of operation. Also, its a hub for the UGC, not Steele(the Player). If that's the misunderstanding.

Achyor

Jun 15, 2020
Bebis
The sheer amount of work this would entail makes this an ill advised project for a beginner.
Yeah, I know this speaks a lot of work. But not like I'm making everything.

I'll be setting the structure, general info, who provides the coordinates, and what goes where. Everything else to left for others who'd wish to expand it. Though, this is all when the time comes. So first, I'd very much like to know if this is a good idea or not.

JustSomeGuy

Mar 17, 2018
Any projects that require others to fill in the gaps is generally an uphill battle. My suggestion try downgrading instead of a base try a spec ops ship n a skeleton crew you can meet,and grow from there. Its smaller, more self contained and leaves room to expand in the future if you so wish.

Achyor

Jun 15, 2020
Bebis
Any projects that require others to fill in the gaps is generally an uphill battle. My suggestion try downgrading instead of a base try a spec ops ship n a skeleton crew you can meet,and grow from there. Its smaller, more self contained and leaves room to expand in the future if you so wish.
That's a solid idea for this uh... 'crew' I'm working on. Will definitely keep this in mind as I'm working through some events. Thank you.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
the UGC's base is on Tavros station

Not the base for the ENTIRE UGC, no, that would be stupid. You're not going the the Confederate Parliament or the Peacekeeper central command, there's no reason for that. But Tavros has a Peacekeeper office with basically everything you described save the actual council rooms -- and I'm sure Tavros has some sort of governing body that DOES have a council chamber somewhere on the station.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I'll be setting the structure, general info, who provides the coordinates, and what goes where. Everything else to left for others who'd wish to expand it. Though, this is all when the time comes. So first, I'd very much like to know if this is a good idea or not.
Expecting someone else to fill in your work is.....well, it says more about your own work ethic than anything else.

Moreover, this is a massive project for someone who has just joined the forum and who has no body of work to show.

Start smaller - a new transformative item or a consumerable item, something that is easier to get off the ground than a space station.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
It just not gonna happen like you wanted, mate, even an ambitious project like this has to start out smaller than what you're planning for. I know from experience trying to do what you're doing, it's a fucking disaster waiting for you to procrastinate and you get so far into something and forget about the project completely after building up so much hype. Then when the moment of truth happens, it's all over: refused, unapproved, not implemented, rejected. These words will be stamped on your head and you'll feel very stupid for not thinking things through despite warnings not to do large projects as your FIRST idea. That thinking wheel is already turning, I know it is, and I'll betcha have something already to show that isn't even formatted or meeting the correct standards.

Shelve your idea for later and do what the others say, start small and I mean really really small like a sex scene to a character or general encounter NPC that will be better and preferable for new writers.

Take your time and keep positive, commitment is a thing to keep in mind when you work. If you're not that committed to doing something, it's not worth doing.