Two Accessory Ideas [Mask & Plate Carrier]

Gray Upsilon

Oct 7, 2017
This is my first time doing something like this, since I mostly like to spend time lurking and all that good stuff. After looking through the list of Accessories in the wiki, I've noticed a distinct lack of more defense-oriented accessory types. So I'm here to submit a couple accessory ideas of my own that I've kinda sorta thought would be nice. These were kind of made with the Mercenary class in mind.

Item Number 1
Item Name: Ballistic Face Mask (Abbreviated as "B.Mask")
Item Location: Found "Next to a Junk Pile" below "Nova Point", Tarkus
Sell Price: 200 Credits

Item Description: An ancient face mask designed to protect against small arms fire, once favored by mercenaries. A faded shark-mouth motif is painted across the face of the mask, likely meant to intimidate foes. Equipped with an adjustable strap. The thin eye slits doesn't do your peripheral vision any favors, but the amount of protection it offers should more than make up for that... right?

Item Stats
Accuracy: -1
Defense: 5

Item Number 2
Item Name: Compact Plate Carrier (Abbreviated as "CPC")
Item Location: Sold at Shekka's Widget Warehouse, Tarkus
Price: 900 Credits

Item Description: A low-profile harness that holds a thin, durable, body-hugging plate that protects vital organs from projectile and melee weaponry. Designed to be worn both under or over clothing and armor, allowing it to be used regardless of the bulk of any potential armor or clothing used with it. Popular with mercenaries and private security forces looking for an extra bit of protection.

Item Stats
Defense: 6
Fortification: 5

Like I said before, I looked at the Accessory page on the Wiki, but since I couldn't find any items that focused on defense, it was a little challenging to try and come up with something that provided enough defense, but not too much defense for where it was in the game, etc. Thoughts? Opinions? Concerns? Gripes?

Reactions: Athena

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Items are fairly easy to to create, you basically need to write only the item's content (i.e. the name, long and short, a brief description and a longer tooltip), decide the stats. Beyond that, items found through events need to have those events written. With a bit of persistence, you should have little difficulty creating and submitting this yourself.

Gray Upsilon

Oct 7, 2017
With a bit of persistence, you should have little difficulty creating and submitting this yourself.

I'm a little late on this, since your response confused me to a small degree. I assumed items needed to be approved or something through this forum or some sort of... obscure (to me) process.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Here's the process:
- You write up the item, the effects it has and so on.
- You submit the item to Fen.
- You wait for Fen to grant his approval or not. And if its the latter, you edit, you tweak, you refine then resubmit it.
- If approved, item gets put into the "to be coded" list.

Gray Upsilon

Oct 7, 2017
Okay. In that case, does what I have thus far look alright? Because I've gotten zero feedback on the quality of the items I've created thus far. Is there anything I need to add? Anything I need to tweak based off what you see? By submitting it to Fenoxo, do I do that through Discord? Or somewhere else?

A

Athena

I mean, they sound alright. The descriptions are on-par with what I've seen for other defensive equipment, and the proposed stats and prices sound like they'd be decent for that particular point in the game. If I was playing through as a Mercenary, I'd probably use one or other, depending on whether I'm focusing on melee or ranged. It might even smooth out the difficulty curve a little.

The only problem is that there's only one accersory slot, so I'm more likely to buy the drone that expands my inventory, which I will equip and then never unequip since storage space is becoming an increasingly potent issue these days. Obviously, it's still worth submitting, since that's a problem that will eventually be fixed.

EDIT: as for submitting, please refer to this thread for details: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/how-to-submit-a-project.12689/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gray Upsilon