[Twine][Text]Whisper - a management game concept inspired by a few others [Hiatus]

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini update

- Did some refactoring to the math used on the loading screen has dropped the ammount of time it takes to deal with large portions of workers by quite a bit.

- Reworked paperdoll eye layers so they can be colored like the skin and hair

- Reworked the location Gui a little bit

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
mini update

Getting all the basic locations setup and connected, and will work through getting the start of the player action based resource gathering.

After this ill start setting up the basics for economics within the settlement

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
mini update

Got started on the economics stuff, but this is one of the larger parts of the system by itself, so will be a bit, so far have the desk treasury additions, taxation, and a improved basic morale system

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
mini update

- Did a ton of work reworking the end of day process, which has allowed me to apply a basic statistical morning report after every end of day, this will allow you to see where there may be problems in your settlement.

This also was to help with coming milestones, as well as the current work in progress milestone Economics.

- Converted Character Creation to OOP based methods to allow for near unlimited ammounts (heroes will still be hardlocked at 10 though, unless i decide once i get to the point of adding them to do them in a different way)

- Did a bunch of other random fixes/changes/additions to various gui parts

Also, i have slowed down on working on this, due to a wasp nest being inside one of my walls, my dev computer has been moved too allow me to work on this with what time i have, but my attention is very much on dealing with these little assholes.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
mini update

- Finished working on some methods for use with databases, this will be used for items/heroes/slaves/clothing/etc, allowing for near unlimited ammounts of each (with use along side the rest of the OOP stuff i have been working on)

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
mini update

- Did a bunch of work on the NPC character generation (needed for continuing into the economy area, as i want shop keepers to be unique npcs like all the rest of the named characters)
- Setup 2 current javascript testbeds for working through issues faster, including a shopkeeper creator, for testing all the bits and pieces needed to make NPC's work and unique (Still really not close to how much uniqueness id want, but all the basic building blocks are there)
- Fixed various bugs with the new OOP methods

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Still looking for a writer for Lesbian scenes, this isnt a needed right now thing of course, as the actual content base is not even started on yet, but I would prefer to have people for as much of the content area as i can get before the actual work begins.

So if your intrested please send me a PM.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini update

Added a bio generator, and refined it

It now generates 3 events that occur through the 3 stages of there life up till they meet the player character (Youth, Middle[Late teens+], Recent), as well as utilizes some (only BRAVE, and COWARD, at the moment) traits to help decide what events to use.

Edit: since the preview client may not shed the proper look, since i have no time atm to write given the ammount of programming work still left to do, the Bio Generator currently only uses Trait ID's IE Youth Normal 1, etc and will need written work done for it, as well as possible work done on making the events even more dynamic then just picked through.

Last edited:

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini update

Finished a basic (Yet MASSIVE) dynamic potion crafting method (It is done by the NPC Shop Keeper, not you), along side a bunch of additions to the Shop, Shopkeeper, and Item Class structures.

This is just the first step really for getting all the economy stuff out of the way, and I will defenitly need to refine and add too the potion crafting bit, but atm, im hoping its dynamic enough, given this took me almost all my free time today to get working properly.

Potion Crafting uses the shop keepers traits (Only 1 atm) to determine what they are allowed to use to brew the potions, there are currently 8 Ingredients, that the shopkeeper can utilize, all giving different properties to the potion, and the potion is then evaluated for name, and other data that can be used in a possible combat system, or whatever, as well as events and the like, ALOT more work is defenitly needed though, however i have the basics done, and can add onto it as i need.

The preview on the discord has also been updated with the stuff, but I havent added all information that would be there, only the evaluated name of the potion to give some idea of what it is, in the game itself alot of information will be unknown to the player, and it will be up to them to find out information if they really want to know it, and at some point I will be going through and adding in knowledge base mechanics to the stuff that needs it IE: the NPC's and Potions and Items/Clothing the player can find or buy around the open world, or there settlement.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
mini update

Ive taken a break from working on the Economy Milestone, and started to convert certain things to Dynamic Classes, (Construction and Research has been fully converted, and i have started on Races)

This is so that later on once this is a actual game and not just a Skeleton of a concept, it doesnt take me days to add in new races, or other parts that have been incorporated into this OOP Method.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
mini update (A while later)

I have finished the Dynamic classes, there was quite a few unforseen issues that i have delt with, i havent 100% tested all the parts to make sure there working 100% as they should, but a few passthroughs and the majority seems to work.

this allows me and the rest of the dev team to be able to add stuff to races/construction/research with only a few lines of code, so it should now be simpler to add stuff later on down the road (granted traits and other mechanic based items will still take time to put in place).

Sooooo hurrah, saddly i am sick atm, so i am going to be taking a break, if bugs occur i will still fix them.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Have started back on working on the game, and the new paperdoll is being prototyped along with Descriptors for various body parts/coloration, for use in text, and the like, and all tied into the race classes, so each race can have its own variations (if applicable).

Once im done prototyping the new paperdoll/racial descriptors, ill go back to working on the NPC generator, and other bits needed for the economics milestone.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
New animated paperdoll has been finished (Hopfully, as it seems to work), and just waiting on the new art for it, as well as fixes to the testing art used to help me create it.

Edit: since its animated and wont work via screen shot, i wont upload a screen of it, however once the paperdolls art is done, and everything is defenitly working, Ill be uploading the next client preview on the discord, and anyone intrested in seeing, can look at it then.

The preview client at this time and date, have not been updated yet however.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Will take some time but will get there eventually.

Mini update

Been working at a slower pace due to sickness, but have slowly gotten to work on the economy module once again, also am doing some game design work to solidify the universe.

Last edited:

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
After a bit of a break I have resumed working on the game, will be redoing how resources work (not including global resources like wood, stone, etc)

Reactions: blargballs

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini update

I have finished and tested the alchemy stuff for the new resources setup, and all seems to be working, moving on to blacksmith, I will not setup the actual stuff into the game yet though, as this will be another larger bit of work, and i rather just get all the shops meat done before i get into skinning it.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini update

I have coded in the blacksmithy code, and atm i think im done, however i havent had time to test today, and will do so tommorow, and build a simple javabed for it like i did for the alchemy shop, once i have confirmed/or fixed all the issues with it, i will move onto the occult shop, and once im done that, i will move onto a actual gameplay element (Economy Milestone will be mostly done, however i will still need to connect the shops and so on, into the economy metagame, once i get through the gameplay element, however the economy milestone, at this stage will be done, even if it isnt connected, as the connection is going to be a rather easy part, however time consuming).

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini updated

I have started on the mission system code, but may take some time to finish it, will be using discord members as testers once theres a playable javabed.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini update

I have basicly finished the procedural generation code for the starting levels, which will be Houses, with 2 current variations of a a single floor, and multi floor haunted house, variation is still basic as i only added stuff to help test and get everything working in the generation code, but screenshots have been put up for anyone intrested on the discord update channel.

I will soon be moving onto the mission player, and AI Director code, however im going to be stress testing the mission generation code a bit more, and will be taking a small break before moving onto the mission player and director stuff, so i can unwind a bit.

Edit: the above 2 variations <--- I ment templates, each template can have any number of variations, depending on the objects in the generation arrays, and locations available for the generation code to use.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Quick update, since i havent posted in a while

I am slowly working on the first gameplay element, and have gotten to the visual coding, and director stuff, will still be some time before a playable version is available for the testers ill pick (Roughly around the time i get done my own personal play testing, to make sure everything plays nice enough)

However after finishing the level generator (its basic but working) i did put up a preview client with its javabed, for those intrested in seeing how it looks atm on the discord, either way, figured id update this thread, just so people who dont take part on the discord know this projects still going at a steady, although slow pace.

Reactions: S0m3m0n

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Quick update

viewer is almost complete (at least enough that a playable version is in the near future) and writing has been started (However this is still a volunteer project atm, so the time on completion for the written work may depend)

I also will be updating the entire gamemode over the course of the projects life span, and whatever the current state is when i believe it to be presentable, should not be considered the final product, as the state it will be in is just for people to test, and have something to play while they wait for other various parts, and additions to make the base game itself a actual game.

either way, while the written content is being done i will also be adding/tweaking/enhancing/fixing various parts of it, and may also do some written stuff myself which can be edited by our current writer, to help speed up the process.

Now for the adverts, anyone who isnt intrested in developing, or helping out can ignore everything below.

As this is a pretty hefty little milestone, being a actual minigame, I am again asking for any female writers, who are interested in writing Lesbian content, and that are ok with being on a volenteer project (Currently, but project may go mainstream once theres actually something there to play overall).

As well as any other writers, for any other number of venues, possibly another artist too, who is intrested in working side by side with our current artist.

Edit: My bad i forgot the most important part, Send me a Private message if you are intrested please and thanks.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini update: Viewer is done (Least enough that testing can start ONCE the written content is finished), writing work has commenced, and will be a while before finished, but the code work should be done enough as it plays and has a beginning and 2 ends (currently, as there is no consequence endings to the viewer, which will be the adult endings for the most part)

Also when i say ending i want to stress that this doesnt mean the entire game ends, this is just the ending of that mission, as this game will still be about a more open experience, with ability to escape any ending which would be a hardlock, aside from anything again that would mean your player character ceases to exist for whatever reason (however these probly will be far and between, if there are any).

Testers will be picked when nearing the end of the writing work, and will be done on the discord.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Mini-update

Have setup a poll up on the discord, towards the next steps.

And coming closer to all the mission systems current written content needs, and should hopfully have balancing sorta working by the time a public client is released.

I will also be redoing how settlements are built, which is something i was meaning to do for the economy system anyways, and this will be getting done even if the current poll gets downvoted more then upvoted, as its essential for adding npc settlements, as well as fixing certain issues currently in the base game which makes adding and changing parts much more difficult.

There will be a chunk of additions and changes also if the poll gets upvoted more then downvoted, some of which were on my back burner, and even if downvotes are higher will probly eventually make it in, however with much more difficulty.

The poll is up there to help gauge how much of a irritation it would be to do a rewrite to impliment the said content in the poll benefits listing.

RhapsodicHotshot

Jul 7, 2018
Quick question: Will this game have futa or dickgirl MC? Can we choose them or transform to them? Asking because you said that this game is going to be something like No Haven and I really liked the variaty of the starting races/sexes.

Edit: Okay it seems that there is a futa MC for goblins at the least, the picture of the races atleast indicates to it.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Quick update at the current state of the skeleton

The mission system is for the most part done, balancing is probly still a issue, however testing has been rather slow, as i have set it to some volunteers instead of my own testing so i can continue on with the game.

I have begun a rewrite of the base games code, into its own system like the missions use, as it allows me to have the game world controlled by a director easier, then if i had kept using the old page to page sugarcube method, as such i am redoing majority of it, which is allowing me to upgrade, and fix various flaws in the original setup, as well as add new and from what i can only guess being a gamer myselfl; very much improved additions to the game, such as:

- NPC's as population (instead of numbers): this should make the world able to become much more breathing, and unique per playthrough (least once npcs are properly functional)

- AI Directors: allows randomized/scripted story arc progressions dynamicly through gameplay, as well as many other bits and pieces, which may have been a much larger undertaking if using simpler methods to achieve it.

- NPC Settlements and Multi-owned Settlements: Allowing for settlement to settlement diplomacy (later on), as well as the player or npc being able to conquest over other settlements (again a later feature)

- Building ownership: Shops can be owned by npc's (maybe players later on), and houses and slave pens can also be owned by NPC's or players (With possible ability to rent out said structures)

- honestly havent scratched the surface of what this setup can achieve but I (atm) cant remember anything else i had been thinking on, however the above bits should be a clear indicator of the direction the skeleton is going.

Noli Timere

Apr 11, 2020
Yesterday the public client was updated with the mission system minigame for those intrested in trying it out, the link is as usual up on the discord channel

Adult content is not currently in it, as im more worried about the gameplay atm, and alot of more work needs to be done to the base game before i can start perving up the rest of it.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115