Trying to come up with a list of random items needed for quests. Anyone have things they remember?

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
I am starting a new game after a long time not playing and just thought I would make a list of all the random items you need for quests later that I remember just selling or throwing out not knowing I needed them the first time. Might help others too idk. I know you need an Ice Shard to get the Pyro cloth outfit for Brienne and 3 winterstem for the dress quest for Ragnild. I know you need a bunch of materials for the wayfort and there was the fairy quest. I will update this post as I come across more items and anyone who knows of other things please comment to help me compile the list. (Also not sure what tags to put on this post so please let me know) Also if somebody already made a list like this also please let me know.

JohnDoe6

Dec 20, 2021
Songstress Blade needs 5 items from the Queen of the Hive, the Alraune, Gianna, the Khor'minos Brothel, and Ashe's lair. You just need to talk to them.

Reactions: quickpawmaud

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
I created a guide that might help you
https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/pallettowns-act-1-guide-for-insane-people.36992/#post-430893

Here are some important items to keep
Ley-Crystal Grenade (Give you an optimal result in a quest)
Spiraled Sword (If you don't plan on using it or the spiraled staff)
Stone, Wood, and Metal (You can buy these in Act 2, but each bit you save helps)
1 Wicker Shield
1 Dagger
1 Short sword
1 Cultist Charm
Winterstem
Leanstone (You need at least 6 of these, 4 for 1 quest and 2 for another quest. You can buy these however)
Flame Cape (You need 3 of these to complete a quest, but saving the one from the witches outfit drop is useful)
Keep all Lingering Embers (They are too useful and cost quite a bit)

If you are in the mood for horse dick then save 3 unique non-corrupt weapons as well.

Reactions: quickpawmaud

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
To add a few more things that aren't strictly required for quests but which make things easier or allow you to bypass fight/sex paths, Pupper Pale Ale gives you another option in For Want of a Nail. Similarly, one of the possible resolutions for the Gnoll Princess encounter in High Ground involves trading a whole bunch of possible consumable items (2000+ EC worth, the game will track it for you) which is cheaper by far than the direct payment option and avoids fighting or sex. And having a Glowing Ice Shard or one of the non-transformative drink items bypasses a check later in the quest.

You need three Purple Eggs for part of Winter Wolf, unless you want to sex Imora.

Keeping a few Leananstones handy can allow you to bypass obstacles in some quests (particularly the final part of Winter Wolf) though they're never required for progression.
If you are in the mood for horse dick then save 3 unique non-corrupt weapons as well.
Doesn't have to be weapons, any Unique items made of metal (which doesn't always mean having the Metal tag) will do.

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
To add a few more things that aren't strictly required for quests but which make things easier or allow you to bypass fight/sex paths, Pupper Pale Ale gives you another option in For Want of a Nail. Similarly, one of the possible resolutions for the Gnoll Princess encounter in High Ground involves trading a whole bunch of possible consumable items (2000+ EC worth, the game will track it for you) which is cheaper by far than the direct payment option and avoids fighting or sex. And having a Glowing Ice Shard or one of the non-transformative drink items bypasses a check later in the quest.

You need three Purple Eggs for part of Winter Wolf, unless you want to sex Imora.

Keeping a few Leananstones handy can allow you to bypass obstacles in some quests (particularly the final part of Winter Wolf) though they're never required for progression.

Doesn't have to be weapons, any Unique items made of metal (which doesn't always mean having the Metal tag) will do.
Man you also need purple eggs for Etheryn thickness. There needs to be an easier way to get them.

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
I created a guide that might help you
https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/pallettowns-act-1-guide-for-insane-people.36992/#post-430893

Here are some important items to keep
Ley-Crystal Grenade (Give you an optimal result in a quest)
Spiraled Sword (If you don't plan on using it or the spiraled staff)
Stone, Wood, and Metal (You can buy these in Act 2, but each bit you save helps)
1 Wicker Shield
1 Dagger
1 Short sword
1 Cultist Charm
Winterstem
Leanstone (You need at least 6 of these, 4 for 1 quest and 2 for another quest. You can buy these however)
Flame Cape (You need 3 of these to complete a quest, but saving the one from the witches outfit drop is useful)
Keep all Lingering Embers (They are too useful and cost quite a bit)

Also what do you need the spiral sword for exactly? Looks like you can give it to Kohaku and I heard you can use it to easily check which element Hexblade Cait is using currently.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Also what do you need the spiral sword for exactly? Looks like you can give it to Kohaku and I heard you can use it to easily check which element Hexblade Cait is using currently.
It lets you skip to the end of For Want if a Nail using it instead of Svern's relic, yep.

You can see HexCait's element by looking at her Powers; it's listed under her normal attack.

Tlatchga

Jan 9, 2018
You can get purple eggs pretty easily by getting 15-18 metal scrap and refreshing Kohaku's stock until the purple eggs show up. I've had a max of 6 refreshes to get them at any attempt so far myself, and otherwise you can give Shar ovilixer and ask her to make purple eggs. Takes a few ovilixer per egg unless you wait, but it does also give guaranteed purple eggs.