Tower of Eros

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/cloud9studios
Game Page: https://cloud9studios.itch.io/tower-of-eros
Game Page: http://gamejolt.com/games/tower_of_eros/272381

After a great war raged between Demons and the races of the land, the Demons were finally banished to the Great Tower, being held at bay for eternity. However, nothing comes without a price, and this is no different.
In order to keep the Tower standing, and the demons and monsters inside, Adventurers such as yourself must go in, slaying and defeating foes, least they becomes to many, and too powerful. If that were the case, the Tower would fall, and all that was sacrificed would be lost.

You are a regular adventurer, called to duty to help keep the Tower standing, and the peace of the land ever present. It's not without it's merits. There's rewards and benefits to you to gain should you become a seasoned Adventurer... Of course, that's if you last. The Tower holds many dangers inside, and the land itself is still in need of 'cleaning up'. Will you survive and make your way through this world, or will you eventually be consumed by it?

The choice is yours...

Howdy! The name is Alex, and I'd like to present to you my game, Tower of Eros... Yes, I'm horrible at thinking up names. No need to remind me. In either case, I bring this to you guys in hopes of getting this game recognized a bit more then it has. I love making games, and this is my first step, hopefully, to making the dream of being a game creator come to life.

The game itself borrows concepts that I found facinating from various games many of you may, or may not, know and brings them together to make an interesting form. The idea behind it was to create a game that would more or less let you do as you please. Wanted to jump into the Tower and kill shit? Go ahead. Wanna make potions and stuff outta what you have? Sure. Wanna take on quests from the Guild to help out the townfolk? Absolutely. Wanna sex up said townfolk? Nothin' stoppin' ya.

The game started as a sort of spiritual successor to a game known as Violated Heroine. Fun game. Soon, I started to add in concepts you'd see from D&D and the very one, TiTS. The game is still very much in development. However, I've gradually been adding more, and more to the game as that development has gone on. I think it's now at the point where I should start showing it off to others, and let them tear it to pieces as they see fit. Have fun.

General other stuff:

Fetishes currently in place?

Oh, monster stuff. Mindbreak. F/F. M/F. Hypnotism like situations. Rape. Umm... OH! There's some Vanilla stuff in there as well. I suppose that's a thing. Transformation (nothing too big... yet). Masturbation.

Fetishes planned?

Um... a lot? >_>; Yeah. Lets say a lot. Traps. BDSM. Breeding/Impregnation. Futanari. Tentacles. Slimes. Just to name a very few.

Current stuff to do?

Five floors of the tower is playable. There's a few explorable areas that can be played, but are still in development. Crafting. You're able to talk with NPCs, though that's also in development to a point. Questing. Basic things, I suppose. However, when taking a look, I'm sure you'll see a lot of the ground work is done for... well, a lot of stuff.

Stuff planned?

A housing system. Coliseum. Farming. Friendship/Lover system. Lots of crafting. Various jobs/trades (I'm thinking about doing things, like, being able to make yourself known as a prostitue, and you could go around making money that way, for an example.) And much more. Oh, and choices do have consequences. More so later, then now, but you get the idea.

Anyways, I've talked enough. You'll find the game page on Itch.io above. You'll also find the Patreon page up there too. Looking for any and all constructive critism. I understand the game might seem quite bare, but I hope to get feedback on what is there, and the potential people see at this point. Now, time to get back to work... *Slinks back into the shadows*

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Ok, as with all the videogames, would be cool if you had some screenshots to give us a idea how your game looks...

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Ok, as with all the videogames, would be cool if you had some screenshots to give us a idea how your game looks...
Screenshots and a bit of art/concept work can be found on the game page of the itch.io site. Should also be some available on the Game Jolt page.

LutherGremory

Apr 10, 2016
i shall be sure to enjoy it mehehehe.......*picks up megaphone* MASTURBATION!!!!!!!! hahaha but seriously had some qualites back then good to see it hasnt faded to the wind like so many before it

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
ToEs Version 8-5-17

Map changes:

Various maps and areas have seen some minor changes.

NPC changes:

NPCs now have additional dialog and options to them, letting you dive a tad deeper into their history and about them. This will continue to be expanded on.

Journal Changes:

Additional parts of the Journal System has been extended and worked upon. You can now increase various stats, and the Journal should now display them correctly.

Shop changes:

Minor changes have been made to the shops for consistancy. Additionally, new shops have been added.

Trade available:

Though small at the moment, a Trade function is now available at the potion shop. This will be expanded upon in later updates, ranging and growing to most, if not all, shops. However, it will allow you to trade items for other items, should you have too much of one specific item.

Weapons/Armor now has duribility:

Armor and Weapons now have a duribilty to them. Nothing lasts forever, and this includes not only your sanity, but your equipment too. At the moment, the uses needed to actually break a specific weapon is rather high. However, in later updates, they will likely be lowered, depending on the item, once a type of repair function is in.

New currency:

A new currency, Gems, have been added. With the addition of another shop, these have been added to purchase things from said shop. This is an experimental idea, and going forward will be expanded upon. Gems can be earned by doing quests in the Guild.

Books for stats:

With the update to the Journal, and with the functional use of the various stats you now have, you can now purchase books to rise/lower various stats. The purchase of these books will require the new Gem currency.

Enemy changes:

Various enemies and attackers have seen changes to them. Some have been minor, however some now make weaker monsters seem far more adapt to their area. Tread carefully.

Den of Darkness Version (5+ Patreon Version)

Den of Darkness:

You can now explore the Den of Darkness, a base for what seems to be holding more then a few Drow. What you will find there, no one quite knows. Can't be anything good.

New Scenes:

A few new scenes have been added.

The Public Version will be released in 5 days, so that everyone can play. However, those that have pledged 1+ has access to the game now, and those that pledged 5+ have access to the first bit of the first dungeon, "Den of Darkness", which expands on the lore a bit about the Drow, and what they have been up to.

Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/cloud9studios

musclevirus

Feb 27, 2017
I loved the Water Spirit transformation even though it was minor, I cant wait for more male tfs in the future ^^

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
I loved the Water Spirit transformation even though it was minor, I cant wait for more male tfs in the future ^^
Thanks for that! I wanted to add a bit of something like that in bit by bit, and thought that was a good start. Later down the road, you'll probably find more outcomes come into play like that. Some varying more then others. Probably eye and hair changes, but possibly things like gender changes and the like. Please look forward to it.

kyleamus2

May 31, 2016
Game seems very good but I myself prefer M/M content. Is it a plan of yours to include this or are you strictly M/F and the like?

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Game seems very good but I myself prefer M/M content. Is it a plan of yours to include this or are you strictly M/F and the like?
I am currently on the fence about this, to be completely honest. Note, that not for lack of wanting, but for lack of experience. M/M content is not an area I feel I can write well, and if I'm gonna do something, I wanna make sure it's 'done right'. However, at the very least, I can say that the inclusion of traps and the like will likely come into play at some point. So while I can't guarantee such content, the inclusion of M/M content isn't outside the realm of possibility. If enough people ask for it, then I don't see why I shouldn't make it or attempt such a fetish/preference, additionally.

kyleamus2

May 31, 2016
I am currently on the fence about this, to be completely honest. Note, that not for lack of wanting, but for lack of experience. M/M content is not an area I feel I can write well, and if I'm gonna do something, I wanna make sure it's 'done right'. However, at the very least, I can say that the inclusion of traps and the like will likely come into play at some point. So while I can't guarantee such content, the inclusion of M/M content isn't outside the realm of possibility. If enough people ask for it, then I don't see why I shouldn't make it or attempt such a fetish/preference, additionally.
Well if you do decide to include M/M content and the only problem is you're feeling of not doing it justice then pm me. I write on the side and I would be willing to write for you, free of charge of course. If that's a thing you want I see no problem doing or for you. Either way, thanks for the response

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Well if you do decide to include M/M content and the only problem is you're feeling of not doing it justice then pm me. I write on the side and I would be willing to write for you, free of charge of course. If that's a thing you want I see no problem doing or for you. Either way, thanks for the response
Of course, any time, and thank you very much for the offer. I will give it serious consideration. For now, I already have designs and ideas for a trap character or two, along with character options to allow for a bit customization to your one PC in such a way. I think it's fair to say the M/M content will be coming, and perhaps sooner, rather then later.

Garn

May 30, 2016
Unsure why but for me at least the game is literally unplayable. Enemies never finish their attack animations so I literally cannot get past my first fight since the game is basically stuck on the enemies first attack.

Time of this report: 8/16/2017, 12:13:16
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170707-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z87X-UD3H
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/03/13 07:48:04 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32654MB RAM
Page File: 5561MB used, 75901MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Unsure why but for me at least the game is literally unplayable. Enemies never finish their attack animations so I literally cannot get past my first fight since the game is basically stuck on the enemies first attack.

Ah, yes. This issue has been addressed, and I'm already on the way to fixing/have fixed said issue. It was due to the compression of the files, and some of the needed files weren't being read or available for the animations and calls for the skills, so the game would freeze, since there was literally nothing there for the game to call upon. Unfortunately, the bug was caught kind of late, and there was a few complications, so I could not necessarily patch the current update. However, the next update should be without said error, and playable, along with various other additions. It's part of the reason why I moved the next update much sooner as planned (today), compared to another 5-6 days from now. Much coffee has been drunk these past few days.... I apologize for the inconvenience.

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Version 0.1.3.0 is here!

Phew! Finally done! Due to previous circumstances, this version is readily available to everyone. Please enjoy!

A quick rundown of all that's available.

- Floors 6-10 are now available.

- New NPCs have been put in place, along with some adjusting to older ones.

- 1 New scene for both male and female characters can be found.

- Journal has been changed to support new NPCs, and further updated.

- Jobs have been adjusted to provide some more balance.

- The error that made combat practically unplayable should be fixed.

- The Housing/Civilian District is now open.

That's a quick rundown. The Den of Darkness Ver. of the game will be available later in the day on Patreon, and provides the next floor. That said, see if you can play spot the traps with some of the new NPCs. Mwahaha. Versions 0.1.3.1 and 0.1.3.2 should be coming shortly (4-6 days) that will expand on this update. Do enjoy!

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Really liking this one, but have to report one thing - those damn spiders. I forget what floor they become available, but if you can't one shot charm them they are unbeatable. I'm like level 6 or so, armored up and one shotting everything, but they can use webbing indefinitely. Killed one, but the other two immediately used webbing and then kept trying to kill me with scratch alternating with webbing, so I never had another chance to get out of it. I walked away and ten minutes later they were still going. Chance of webbing needs to be GREATLY nerfed...will have to try and get past that level without fighting them so I can get back to base and synthesize something as protection.

Which - PS - how do I do? Do I have to walk back down through all the levels? There's no transport/instant return to bottom?

Last edited:

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
I'm glad you're enjoy the game, despite some difficulties!

The spiders can be a pain. I will go ahead and look into the success rate for the webbing skill for spiders. I know they are one of the more annoying enemies for people, so I'll likely be toning them down a bit further the next update.

As for having to get back, if you try to walk back downstairs on any floor, it will ask if you want to leave the tower. Just say yes, and you'll teleport out.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Ahh...thanks for the reply. Didn;t even try the downward stairs...as to the spiders, is there something to protect from the webbing attack?

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Ahh...thanks for the reply. Didn;t even try the downward stairs...as to the spiders, is there something to protect from the webbing attack?
No worries! I'm working on some tutorial bits that might help those with some of the workings of the tower. I think I might be adding a bookcase or some sort that people can read. As for the webbing and spiders; At the moment, not particularly. I'm actually working on new armor and accessories that will help with such things. However, at this moment, nothing really helps with it. I know the attack hits are high, but the paralyzing success is lower as well. None the less, I'll do some experimenting and all, and see what I can do, and new armor and such should be coming out in one of the upcoming patches that will help with status effects, and other conditions.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
One last suggestion - most of the attacks have a flash buildup of some seconds - that add a lot of wasted time in a battle. Especially if any misses are involved and it's a four on one. Any chance of speeding some of those up? With no charm AOE the fight against the four ice sprites and fairies can take minutes if misses are too frequent... just a thought...

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
One last suggestion - most of the attacks have a flash buildup of some seconds - that add a lot of wasted time in a battle. Especially if any misses are involved and it's a four on one. Any chance of speeding some of those up? With no charm AOE the fight against the four ice sprites and fairies can take minutes if misses are too frequent... just a thought...
I had a few others mention this, and will certainly look into fixing that, so it doesn't last quite as long, of it goes off at all with certain skills.

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Update Version 0.1.3.2 is here!
Small update for this one, but once again leading to the bigger things!
- You'll find new armor and equipment you can buy from vendors that will help you out in the new areas... should ya need it. Also, changes have been made to durability.
- Additionally, new dialog and choices have been added to the new NPCs.
- There have been some adjustments to jobs and enemies.
- Small map changes.

Update Version 0.1.3.3 will be following up just as quickly. It should be adding in gifts and enabling the ability to increase your friendship with all NPCs that are available to do so. Including that, chances are I might be adding in an option to actually changing your job. Yep. Are you a Paladin, and wanna give Rouge a go? Maybe Succubus Knight? You might have your chance coming up.

Beyond that, I will be working on 0.1.3.4 and 0.1.3.5, which will be adding more job changes, and more scenarios, scenes, and NPC interaction. Then next on the plan is 0.1.4.0, which will be adding new jobs! Yep. Finally. I know.
Do look forward to it.

Itch.io: https://cloud9studios.itch.io/tower-of-eros
Gamejolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/tower_of_eros/272381

- Alex G., Cloud9 Studios

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Finally, I know. (8/27/17 - 3:30AM is the exact release time.)

This update sweeps in:

- Job changes
- Map changes
- Enemy changes
- You can also now give gifts to NPCs
- NPCs have some new dialog choices
- Ability to change jobs!

That said, the 0.1.3.0 series is about done at this point. I will be moving onto 0.1.4.0 versions, which should usher in new jobs, more scenes, new areas, and a new dungeon, and possible Level increase! Fun times ahead.

Oh, and by the way, seems it was an idea to build up a blog too, because Patreon blogging for the not so win. So here's that too;

Blog: https://c9studios.blogspot.com/

- Alex G., Cloud9 Studios

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
It's Here~! Version 0.1.3.4, Right on Time!

As promised, Version 0.1.3.4, today. A few changes, but not many, though I think they were needed.

- A few map changes.
- A few job changes.
- You can now purchase items from Pawner Julia that will allow you to repair your weapons and armor! I know, about time.
- A few new areas have been added within the Housing District. Namely the houses, and the Chapel. You should be able to go inside now.
- A major bug has been fixed. When you tried to select 'Skill' from the main menu, the game would freeze and produce an error. This has been fixed.
I have been working on getting a new way to upload the game in a far easier place, without it being in pieces. This update will hold the parts, but next update should be found on Mega. However, I didn't want to keep you guys waiting too long, so here it is!

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Update 0.1.4.1

- New jobs have been added. These jobs must be opened up to be played. They can be opened by leveling up previous jobs. The jobs that have been added is;

Dark Knight
Wizard
Cleric
Monk
Fighter
Gladiator
High Paladin
Dancer

Each job have their own checks and balances, that will be continuously worked on if need be. However, some of these jobs may open up other scenarios, so that's something to keep in mind.

Additionally, some parts of the game have been adjusted and fixed to further improve gameplay. Next should be Transformation Items coming up! So look forward to that.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/cloud9studios (12PM PST)

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Version Update 0.1.4.2 is Here!

It's here~!

It's that time again for a new version update!

Simple this time, but will start bringing in some very fun changes. This update brings in the first bit of Transformative Items. These items will change your hair color, and give you Elf features. For those of you that have an older version of the game, before you start using these items, must remake a character. Luckily, you do NOT have to lose your progress, as if you walk over to the fountain in the middle of town, and you can do just that without losing your progress.

Anyways, hope you enjoy, and do look forward to more coming up soon!

-Alex G., Cloud9 Studios

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Oh. Hi. Yeah. I'm not dead. Just been busy with stuff and things. Anyways, there's been a few updates since we all last saw the game. Go ahead, check them out, and enjoy. Lots of fixing of systems, adding some, improving on newer ones. Time to enjoy the holidays again. Weee~!

-Alex G., Cloud9 Studios