Tough Silk not dropping?

fwyrl

May 28, 2016
I know that it's supposed to be only a chance, so I don't know for sure, but, after 50+ battles with corrupted dridders alone, I'm willing to say that I'm 90% sure that Tough Silk is no longer dropping as of the most recent CoC update (1.0.2). I spent around the last 3 hours 2- or 3-hotting everything I met, just raiding the Swamp, over and over. Not a single one. Pretty sure I've not gotten any at all, but not 100%, since I only started paying attention to Tough Silk in the last few hours, on finding out about the spider silk robes. I'm getting black gossamer webbing most of the time, otherwise, getting nothing. So far I've looted around 12 stacks of black gossamer, a stack of reducto, 2 Gro+, and 2 or 3 stacks of pink webbing.

Oddly enough, I checked the source on Github, and it IS being added to the weighted drops list (at a 1/10th chance?), so I dunno what's up.

(In the mean time, I'm going to grab the save editor and just change a stack of that black gossamer to tough silk)

*edit*

So, after another while of farming, looking at code, and farming some more, I went back to XP grinding, only to have my first male spider-morph encounter drop tough silk.

And, another half hour later, finally got a corrupt dridder to drop one as well. I guess I was just unfathomably unlucky..?

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
You could also check Benoit's shop each day in the Bazaar.  He frequently stocks tough silk, dragonscales, and goo...just not all at once.