TiTsEd - A save editor

Darkyoaifox

Apr 8, 2022
sadly, i dont know how to help you with that. i guess you can dm me your save, along with a list of changes, and i can do some stuff
Thanks anyway for trying to help out <3 And that's ok, I can wait and see if any updates in the future change anything and if not I can just roll with it normally :)

Chase

May 13, 2016
Why am I doing an inject style? Because I want to. The game already does most of the things I would need to add to an editor. I am considering making it a browser extension, which would ease the injection issue.

As for other save editors, if the makers of said save editor want to go ahead and support TiTs, what does that have to do with me?

Anyway, in editor news Save/Load might go away and it might just edit values immediately. That would help with non-item related editing, and reduce the use confusion/anger slightly.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
Oh, I thought I had disabled all of that for the game but apparently missed one. It works now! Thanks for the reminder <3
nice! i would never have thought of that. im not running adblockers on firefox as i only ever use it for tits.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
Why am I doing an inject style? Because I want to. The game already does most of the things I would need to add to an editor. I am considering making it a browser extension, which would ease the injection issue.

As for other save editors, if the makers of said save editor want to go ahead and support TiTs, what does that have to do with me?

Anyway, in editor news Save/Load might go away and it might just edit values immediately. That would help with non-item related editing, and reduce the use confusion/anger slightly.
i mean, its fine. ive been caught out a couple times as i was learning the editor, but for me, its not really an annoyance, just a mild inconvenience if im not mindful. i kind of like it as a failsafe rather. if youre testing an edit, its good to have something to load back to that you know is fine.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Instead of using the regular "Save" button, use the "Save to File" option and it'll make one.

blind

Apr 1, 2022
I did. Unless I got the wrong version or something, it doesn't seem to accept json files.
if you want to save edit with the modern version go fenoxo and from head to the website version of the game from there you can load your .json save from the pc version and edit from there then make a .json save from the website version with the edits you want

ps: sorry if my english is rough

Stanley87

Aug 9, 2022
Well if you wanna edit save just open your .json save using Notepad++ with 'JSTool' Plugin installed.

• Open Notepad++, go to Plugins > Plugin Admin..
  • Tick on 'JSTool', Install
  • Notepad++ will auto restart, after that load your save (Do backup)
  • Go to Plugins >JSTool > JSFormat (This made it easier to edit)
  • Go to Plugins >JSTool > JSON Viewer (This show JSON string in a tree view)
  • Select whatever you want on JSON Viewer, it will highlight the code, edit then save.

Reactions: MissSilissa

dongwizard

Aug 5, 2022
I don't know if this has already been reported but I'm pretty sure using the broken save editor has disabled the ingame cheat menu. None of my edited saves can access it anymore.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't know if this has already been reported but I'm pretty sure using the broken save editor has disabled the ingame cheat menu. None of my edited saves can access it anymore.
Try copy pasting
flags.CHEATS_ENABLED = 1;
into the browser console.

not404

Oct 5, 2018
I would love a browser extension or something similar if possible as I'm lazy, but thanks for this anyway, it's great.

This isn't a browser extension, but I've whipped up a simple userscript that can be used with a userscript manager of your choice (such as Greasemonkey, Violentmonkey, or Tampermonkey) to load Chase's script into the game.

This is the code:

JavaScript:
// ==UserScript==
// @name            LoadTiTsEdJS
// @namespace       9d1b4e3d-e55f-4f2c-af14-e3debc99cc0e
// @version         0.1
// @description     Loads Chase's TiTsJS Save Editor into the game
// @author          not404
// @match           https://www.fenoxo.com/play/TiTS/release/
// @icon            https://www.fenoxo.com/play/TiTS/release/resources/icons/favicon.png
// @grant           GM_registerMenuCommand
// ==/UserScript==

// Function to load Chase's TiTsEdJS script
function LoadTiTsEdJS() {
    var script = document.createElement("script");
    script.type = "text/javascript";
    script.src = "https://chase-san.github.io/TiTsEdJS/titsed.js";
    document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(script);
}

// Add a button in the user script manager's popout to load the save editor
GM_registerMenuCommand("Load TiTs JS Save Editor", LoadTiTsEdJS)

To save the script go to your userscript manager's dashboard, press the "Create new button", and paste the above code into it and save. The end result should look like this if you're using Tampermonkey.

I've tested this on Chrome and Firefox with Tampermonkey and it loads Chase's save editor just fine when you click the button in the userscript manager popout. Hope this is something along the lines of what you were looking for.

Reactions: Darkyoaifox

Locke24

Dec 20, 2017

The main thing is that nobody else seems to be doing it; there hasn't been any talk outside this thread for a save editor for Javascript TiTS. And I don't mean for the last couple weeks, I mean months on end.

If there was active work I wouldn't be asking in the first place and to be frank the game doesn't offer perk editing nor a particularly easy way of adding items into your inventory. Or a search function that's worth a damn...or really, a lot of the level of control the old save editor offered, including flag edits.

Atlas1965

Aug 28, 2015
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if part of the problem there is that there's two versions of TiTS, but only one thread for a save editor - and folks thinking of making one for JS TiTS might not realize there's only a barebones JS editor in the thread.

Jqraptor

May 16, 2017
Except for the fact that the last commit was made on May 1st, so nearly 4 months ago at this point, you would theoretically be correct. In practice, start-5's editor is so far out of date as to be inoperative.
I was wondering about that editor. There didn't seem to be any community thing related to it like a discord to ask questions or talk about updates. I don't even know how many people are supposedly working on it. Guess it's probably dead in the water if it's at the point it's literally broken and they aren't updating to fix it.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
I was wondering about that editor. There didn't seem to be any community thing related to it like a discord to ask questions or talk about updates. I don't even know how many people are supposedly working on it. Guess it's probably dead in the water if it's at the point it's literally broken and they aren't updating to fix it.
start-5 did a bunch of work on it right at the start, then vanished off the face of the earth. he hasnt signed in to the forum account since his last commit too. my theory is that he or she died.

Chase

May 13, 2016
v0.4 now exists. It now live edits only, the save/load buttons no longer exist, so don't look for them. However as a side bonus there are now jugs/little man/kitty add/remove functions.

There are a few remaining bits that can still be edited in this way. however they are rarely used by me (tail stuff), impossible (perk/item stuff), or dangerous (location/class stuff).

The rarely used stuff is in the queue and might get done before the end of the year. The impossible stuff is impossible, and would require Fenoxo and friends to make it accessible. The dangerous stuff is probably best left unimplemented.

blind

Apr 1, 2022
sad that stuff involving perks and class perks and skills will be left to json
(to be fair there not that hard to add with just a note pad)

Chase

May 13, 2016
v0.5 Added tail stuff and now there is a firefox extension.

You can get the extension in the release section of the github: here

Just install the extension and then open the page, the editor should load automatically.

Reactions: Malidica

Chase

May 13, 2016
While not technically impossible, I am not sure if I should, since it could break the game.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Would it be possible for someone to do some of the work for you? I.e. convert/list their favorite Perks to a format you could use?

Chase

May 13, 2016
After some initial testing, I found that adding perks would likely be very involved, so it is unlikely to ever be added. This requires adding the perk, the status effects, the flags, and any required transformative effects.