TiTS Mobile (Android) UI is too small.

Aeden

Sep 2, 2019
What happened to the UI on Android? The directional buttons were removed and now I have to tap on a tiny map and pray it registers the correct square. I don't like to sound negative, but this change has made the mobile version pretty much unplayable.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

Map movement is directional: if you tap in one direction relative to your current position (i.e. the centre), you'll move in that direction if possible. If the map is too small, you should be able to pop it out (though I don't know how to do that on mobile); additionally, this isn't the final UI design, so it'll probably improve in a future patch.

Aeden

Sep 2, 2019
Map movement is directional: if you tap in one direction relative to your current position (i.e. the centre), you'll move in that direction if possible. If the map is too small, you should be able to pop it out (though I don't know how to do that on mobile); additionally, this isn't the final UI design, so it'll probably improve in a future patch.
Unfortunatepy the pop out map doesn't allow movement. I know movement is directional, but requiring that the actual map be tapped to move is what causes issues. The map is smaller than my thumb and often results in tapping an unintended square. It's serviceable on PC but on a small touch screen it's a nightmare.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Are you on 0.9.044? The improvements for small screens weren't actually turned on in 0.9.043, so Gedan had to release another version.

Last edited:

Aeden

Sep 2, 2019
Are you on 0.9.044? The improvements for small screens weren't actually turned on in 0.9.043, so Gedan had to release another version.
I am on 0.9.044. The updated UI also messed up the save function for PC and Android, but I've already posted about that in the bug reports section.

If the pop out map allowed movement it would be a huge help. Instead it just goes away if I tap it.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I am on 0.9.044. The updated UI also messed up the save function for PC and Android, but I've already posted about that in the bug reports section.

If the pop out map allowed movement it would be a huge help. Instead it just goes away if I tap it.
Try going into the Options menu and enabling the Control Overlay. By default, this option should be enabled on small devices, but it may not trigger for all devices, so you'll want to manually set it. When enabled, it should disable tapping the map away unless you hit the specific button to hide it. Also, enabling the overlay will increase the size of the side bar buttons slightly but also remove the collapsed map, so ideally you will want to play with the map rolled out.

In the next release, there may be an option to further edit the control overlay if there is a need to.

Reactions: Aeden

Aeden

Sep 2, 2019
Try going into the Options menu and enabling the Control Overlay. By default, this option should be enabled on small devices, but it may not trigger for all devices, so you'll want to manually set it. When enabled, it should disable tapping the map away unless you hit the specific button to hide it. Also, enabling the overlay will increase the size of the side bar buttons slightly but also remove the collapsed map, so ideally you will want to play with the map rolled out.

In the next release, there may be an option to further edit the control overlay if there is a need to.
I found the option, it makes a huge difference. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A50 with android 11.

I strongly appreciate that enabling the overlay also partially reverts the minimalist UI, restoring the save button. Previously I had to open the codex to save, and that caused a bug claiming I could not save during a scene. Which still is an issue in Version 0.9.045.