• Have an editor capable of editing them

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Leave it as-is.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scxion

Sep 9, 2016
To preface this, Yes I know about TitsEd, no it doesn't work. I have a Chromebook, and no intention of using ChrUbuntu or Crouton to double-boot Linux and triple-boot into Windows, nor do I have a copy of Windows on any device the Chromebook could boot from.

I was wondering about editing and saving .tits files without needing things like .sol data storage, (the Chromebook doesn't even let you navigate to where that's kept) perhaps I could get an answer from someone in the loop about development.

When I attempt to open a .tits file in a text editor (not sure if rich- or plain-text) it gives me some intelligible English, as well as completely and utterly garbled encoding of some sort. I'm not super technical so I won't even try to get into that, but basically nothing valuable. I can tell what some things are, but otherwise I can't even discern what values go where to perform what function. It's a mess.

.json files are entirely doable though, I don't know if that's just a result of the fact that the game I normally mod is open-source, or if the .tits format is inherently different, and that's why it gets so messed up. I really would like to have the option open to me though, I lost a fairly well-progressed game when my old potato of a MacBook shit the bed, and I'd really like to give myself a head start on the grind to get back. (Just in terms of credits and level, I did a lot of quest and progression grinding as well, but at least that's entertaining.)

Anyhoo, I really hope I can hear back from someone knowledgeable, This has got me stumped and I'd really like to get back on track with this until I have enough set aside for a new computer. I'll also include a file I had been tampering with, just so anybody else can take a poke about and see what's going on, and a poll to see who else would like the "save to file" format to be different, who wants it to stay the same, and who wants a more universal option for a file editor

Attachments

• hope this doesn't break.tits
    128.6 KB · Views: 24
K

Krynh

Wrong place for your post
What the Idea Subforum Is For

and of course a text editor isn't going to be very useful in editing the file. What do you want done with your save file? Pm me instead of replying.

Scxion

Sep 9, 2016
Pm me instead of replying.

Can I ask how I'd do that? I feel like an idiot, but really the only reason I have this account is because of editors like TiTSED, etc. I don't really use the forums except when I have issues. Sorry about putting the post in the wrong place, didn't really check and this was the first thing to cross my mind. Again, don't really use the forums.