Thoughts on lactation and unfortunate "forced" events

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
I find myself sometimes in a position where something unexpected happens. For example, I just finished Tarkus, and now I have some money and I want to get the milker from Mhen'ga (this thing is so small it could probably be a key item accessible from the masturbate menu, by the way). But now that I have Anno on my ship, the first time I travel to Mhen'ga, I'm forced into an event where Anno and her sister want to catch up. That's all well and good, but between the flight time and the event it immediately forces you into, my character's breasts go from completely drained to 'oh my god you better milk them now before you explode and your production decreases'.

This, imo, should not be. This bar scene is not an emergency; there's no reason where it couldn't be, okay you get the holocall scene after you fly to Mhen'ga, then it brings you to the regular ship UI, and there's a button on the main ship menu while on Mhen'ga, or a button on Anno's crew menu while on Mhen'ga, with an extra note at the main UI hinting at the option to go do the thing at the bar. Or, it just happens when you go to Burt's the next time, with a note on the ship reminding you the event exists until you do it.

I realize I that I kind of brought this extra burden upon myself (it's far more burdonsome than I anticipated, and the milk bags sell for pennies :/ Probably should have waited until I had the money for more Lactaid), but I'm sure there are other times, and other events, where this kind of 'unexpected interruption that causes long periods of time to pass' can be quite inconvenient,. and for no good reason.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Mostly I'm just complaining about the fact that it forces you to go from 'flying to the planet' (which already takes hours) directly into this event (which takes a few more hours). There's no opportunity to go do anything else on the planet without going through with this event first (unless I kick Anno off the ship, maybe, but that's not a good option) With a side-gripe that perhaps base lactation capacity could be higher.

I can just imagine my character sitting there at the bar, miserable at how much her tits hurt, until she can finally excuse herself to go run over to V-ko in the middle of the night. There's just no reason for it to lock you into this chain of events this rigidly, and if I had to boil all of this down into a single 'idea', it would be a suggestion that this sort of plot-hammering should be avoided unless something actually urgent is happening, in all current and future content.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Krynh

I don't really understand the problem. Is it that you don't want your production to decrease because of forced events? If that's the case, you shouldn't worry too much. As long as you don't stop lactating completely, regular milking will increase your production over time. Even if it drops a little, it goes back up. You should get little flavor messages after milkings occasionally where your character notes their increased production. 

I always play with "Milky," so I don't know if non lactation-oriented characters dry up really quickly, but I know my rate of production goes down very slowly. It's not "oops I hit milk cap down to zero," it's just a gradual decline, one that can be offset pretty easily with a few timely milkings in the future.

I do think that breast milk should sell for more than it does. Not a crazy amount, but more than single digits.

I go for non milky and find it takes a long time to stop producing milk. Even when getting the messages about production decrease. Then suddenly it goes up again. 

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
I dunno. There may be other events that are like this; this is as far as I've gotten in the game, and there may have been prior similar events where I didn't pay any attention to the time that passed and therefore can't currently recall because my character wasn't lactating at the time. The scene where you try to order food at The Mess in Novahome comes to mind.

Is it a huge deal? No, but I think there's an improvement to be made here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Here's another example: you can engage in a drinking contest with Kiro, and if you win, you get to have sex with her for 24 hours - one continuous 24 hour fuck-a-thon. But all that time, even though one of the options involves her sucking on your nipples, you never get drained, so you go from dry to overflowing and losing production.