The Z24 (New Ship) and An Old Crewman's talk

Rattlehead2

Feb 25, 2019
Hello...Figured I wanted a new spaceship and an interesting non sexual NPC to talk about some strange things about Victor...so here we are

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QGrC0tDcIktnOTeH6XUb8Nrl4BSpcAq9lYHl_Cw9pVM/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you like or find things to improve upon it. I do hope the idea does work with you all. Please leave ideas in the comments if you would be so kindly

Edits will be done as well..so please take note of that

Man...I really did break every rule for event submission. Wow

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
....Its generally a good idea to allow people access to the document with your idea.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I commend your effort, which is why I'm somewhat loathe to rip it apart, so I'm going to itemise it for you.
- It needs a lot of editing work, and I do mean a lot. Spelling errors, parsers and the format all need extensive editing.
- There's no point in adding a ship when we still don't have ship combat. Not to mention that Zheng Shi will also be the location where we get the first post-Casstech ship.
- Its broken lore all over the place.

Again, I'd give you props for the effort, but little else.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
So, I guess the first thing is that you're writing a character related to Vic without talking to Fen, which starts you off on something of a bad premise. Next, you almost certainly need to read over the various docs for writing for TiTS (all of which can be found over at the events submission forum). Then, your writing needs work. Lots of errors, from spelling to random extra spaces to grammar and more. And finally, the aforementioned issue of ships and the fact that such a system isn't even in the game yet.

With all of this in mind, you should probably take a step back and rethinking your idea, in this case. As said above, you deserve props for actually putting in effort (and using the ideas board as intended), but there's a bunch of other issues that pile up to make this project something of a mess to actually work on.

Reactions: GothPastel

Rattlehead2

Feb 25, 2019
I commend your effort, which is why I'm somewhat loathe to rip it apart, so I'm going to itemise it for you.
- It needs a lot of editing work, and I do mean a lot. Spelling errors, parsers and the format all need extensive editing.
- There's no point in adding a ship when we still don't have ship combat. Not to mention that Zheng Shi will also be the location where we get the first post-Casstech ship.
- Its broken lore all over the place.

Again, I'd give you props for the effort, but little else.
1)The ship to ship combat is truth be told not why I wanted it...just the expansion of storage space and more beds.
2)Editing everything I can and have people re edit it (Will admit, did rush this out a little sooner)
3) I am surprised by lore breaks since I was reading hard and long about it on the wiki

Rattlehead2

Feb 25, 2019
So, I guess the first thing is that you're writing a character related to Vic without talking to Fen, which starts you off on something of a bad premise. Next, you almost certainly need to read over the various docs for writing for TiTS (all of which can be found over at the events submission forum). Then, your writing needs work. Lots of errors, from spelling to random extra spaces to grammar and more. And finally, the aforementioned issue of ships and the fact that such a system isn't even in the game yet.

With all of this in mind, you should probably take a step back and rethinking your idea, in this case. As said above, you deserve props for actually putting in effort (and using the ideas board as intended), but there's a bunch of other issues that pile up to make this project something of a mess to actually work on.

Thanks...Truth be told, I wasn't thinking about combat...just storage and more beds (3 seemed awfully small when my crew had about every character it could). Each and every editing helps makes it stronger. I do admit, I did rush this.

Finally, I am getting that from a lot of folks as well with bad premise...any suggestions on how you get the ship?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Never saw Fen in the wiki
Because Fen doesn't deal with the wiki, but given that Victor Steele is a key character in his game, any content that would add to Victor would still need to go by him.

Reactions: Rattlehead2

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Thanks...Truth be told, I wasn't thinking about combat...just storage and more beds (3 seemed awfully small when my crew had about every character it could). Each and every editing helps makes it stronger. I do admit, I did rush this.

Finally, I am getting that from a lot of folks as well with bad premise...any suggestions on how you get the ship?

You literally can't change ships at current, so even storage and more beds isn't viable as we are now. I understand the enthusiasm, but it's simply not a possibility with the game until the full systems are in. Also, Fen (short for Fenoxo) is the creator of the game, and as such any changes and additions to Victor need to go through him first.

Reactions: Rattlehead2

Rattlehead2

Feb 25, 2019
You literally can't change ships at current, so even storage and more beds isn't viable as we are now. I understand the enthusiasm, but it's simply not a possibility with the game until the full systems are in. Also, Fen (short for Fenoxo) is the creator of the game, and as such any changes and additions to Victor need to go through him first.

Thanks for this...That at least gives me some more time to edit, think and devise on this. It also allows me to ask Fen just who was Victor. I apologize for rushing this. Truth be told, I know feel like an idiot since "you can only give a good impression once." Judging by the above posts, yeah. I goofed XD