The Writing Dilemma

t0k0

Jan 24, 2018
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night Folks!

I'm t0k0, been floating around the patreon a while, and have tried my hand at writing some of the event scene competitions. The problem I run into is (for one, I have a real life job, so I've failed to actually submit, heh) that every time I try and write about an established character, I get a few pages done, then realize I'm not sure how the character would react to situation "X" or dialogue "Z".

So I come here asking the important question. Are we still looking for new NPCs? And if we are, what kind? Where would they live, would they need to provide any services? I can make and write about a new character fairly easily, since I'll be the creator, but I don't want to make another Futa if it's deemed we already have too bloody many of them.

Now I know these questions can really only be answered by Fen or Savin, but if ya'll have any input, let me know.

Alternatively, if you'd like to see some of my established work, so you can get a 'feel' for my work, I do have a couple of stories posted on Hentai-foundry under the same screen name.

http://www.hentai-foundry.com/stories/user/t0k0

And Google Drive, for those without a Hentai Foundry Account

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GUTULrXgGbbWZGY3JlQUl2Szg

thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Reactions: BitchBroken

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Now that's one of the cruxes about NPC writing: "Do we really need this?". Mind you, I'd love it if anyone wrote the kind of characters I'd like to see my Steeles banging, but I'd also feel bad if said game contribution was some "hi wanna fuck" character that didn't actually add anything to the game other than catering to certain smut kinks.

Reactions: ShySquare

t0k0

Jan 24, 2018
To be totally honest, I'd love writing the character as my avatar into the story. But the game already has enough Futa Catgirls. And I have no idea how cheesy it would be to attempt to get my OC into this lewd game. Thus why I'm asking all the questions

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Personally, I'd very much prefer it if you didn't add your OC into TiTS in order to avoid another Excellia case, but that's not up to me. That said, I don't think anyone would be against any addition if the character had something to add and wasn't some thinly veiled Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
but I don't want to make another Futa if it's deemed we already have too bloody many of them.

Hahaha. I love your attitude, but it's not going a project of yours into the game. The question isn't "Is this game obviously over-saturated with something?", it's "What will inspire me to keep on keeping on until it's finally done?"

In other words, write your damn futa catgirl.

t0k0

Jan 24, 2018
hehe, well, that's one way of looking at it. I mean, if nothing else, I can write up an introduction and post it, worst that happens is it garners no interest, or some negative feedback. hopefully with some constructive criticism.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
OC's are discouraged because they're usually Mary Sue-ish, badly thought out to begin with or generally so specific/oddly designed that they don't appeal to the devs or readers or even fit the game setting.

I based most of my characters over crazy stuff I could do with the TiTS save editor and fleshed it out with what appeals to me sexually. That way, I became invested over time while writing rather than being pre-invested and slaving over something that I grew to despise (which is what happens with OC's being written in, generally).

As for actually starting one though: the universe is your oyster but you better make damn good use of it.
For example, I went a step pretty far out and put in a bit of extra-dimensional Lovecraft/tentacle flavour plus narcotics for my second character.

With herms/futa specifically, it's not that there's too many but that they're both broad in appeal and usually lacking in uniqueness or themes other than 'this is a hole, fill it' or 'this is a dick, suck it'. Often when a new one gets announced, the most vocal detractors are the straight male player-portion who don't like anything really unless it's a subby fem who likes being treated like dirt and not in a sexy way.

Also, I couldn't access your stories for whatever reason cuz I don't have a HF account.

Reactions: Freed85

t0k0

Jan 24, 2018
Edited in the Google Docs link to the larger story, and IMO the better one, in the first post. I just went through most of the "Before you submit, read this" topics and basically was told "avoid writing followers, Don't do planets, avoid starting on your dream project, start by adding a scene to an existing npc." Which brings me back to writing someone else's character just feels awkward.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
So I come here asking the important question. Are we still looking for new NPCs? And if we are, what kind? Where would they live, would they need to provide any services? I can make and write about a new character fairly easily, since I'll be the creator, but I don't want to make another Futa if it's deemed we already have too bloody many of them.

Yeah, sure, you're more than welcome to submit new characters. That's where like 90% of the characters in the game come from. They don't have to provide anything other than fappable scenes tbh.