The Tavros Bioscience Lab

Chaosstripe

Aug 8, 2020
On Tavros, you are gifted by your father, Victor Steele, an entire deck to be the nursery for your many offspring. Part of this includes several unfinished bits of content, namely the Milking Room and a locked subarea called the BioScience Lab. I have already written and submitted a small scene for the Milking Room, seen here: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/submitted-nursery-milking-scene.30445/. I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback on that, but that is not the focus of this thread.

I want to write up this other mythical room, the Tavros/SteeleTech BioScience Lab. Bridget makes note of a few things, and dev notes are pretty sparse for it, so I want opinions on what people want in there. I have some ideas myself, but I need some basis to crystalize the idea around.

TheShepard256

Simply increasing fertility and virility can be easily done with Fertite+, so the lab's going to need something more unique to make it worthwile. I'd imagine it could be used for causing pregnancies that would naturally be impossible, but that requires writing on the NPC's side rather than what you're trying to accomplish. Another idea is removing the Infertile character creation perk, but that's only useful if someone initially doesn't want to engage in pregnancy content and changes their mind later, which I think is quite rare so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

The only other things I can think the lab could affect would be quantity and speed modifiers. Currently, only the latter can be modified, and even then only for the mother and only as increases, so options to increase/decrease both of them independently could work. However, something to consider is that, due to the differences between the coding of PC and NPC pregnancies, only the "mother" (i.e. PC getting pregnant) versions of those stats will actually have any impact.

Reactions: GTK/HLK

Chaosstripe

Aug 8, 2020
You're making the mistaken assumption that because it is in the Nursery, everything has to relate to pregnancy. What do you want to see in a Bioscience Lab given to you by your ungodly wealthy, scientifically-minded, Megacorp CEO, constantly gene-changing, horndog of a father? Gene mods? Things to control Taint? Upgrades to your character? Also what characters do you think should be able to be stationed there, since that was mentioned by Bridget as a planned feature?

Not to say no pregnancy related things should be involved. Obviously some should, and one of my own ideas involves talking to the creator/writer for Azra, to bring in development of the plants she has collected into beneficial "trial basis" drugs.

One basis I'm highly considering for the Lab is an analyzer that can break down and scan items we bring back from that expanse and combine them to create things. "Scan a bloom from a Venus Pitcher, scan a tube of the peculiar drug 'Cerespirin', and what does that get you?" for a good reference. Also anything that makes use of currently unused items. Looking at you, long list of dubious key items.

Reactions: Kesil

TheShepard256

You're making the mistaken assumption that because it is in the Nursery, everything has to relate to pregnancy.
Ah. Though with how my creativity works (it usually latches on to existing connections - in this case, "the lab is in a facility dedicated to raising children" - and expands from there), my answer would probably not be too different even if I didn't make that assumption. So, sorry, but I've got no other ideas.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You're making the mistaken assumption that because it is in the Nursery, everything has to relate to pregnancy.
That's not really a mistaken assumption, no...

This generally seems like something that should be rolled into the Steele Tech BioScience Lab already in game.

Chaosstripe

Aug 8, 2020
That's not really a mistaken assumption, no...
I just don't personally think there's enough pregnancy related functions that we don't already have items elsewhere to affect for an entire lab. Further, as discussed in The Nursery development thread, pregnancy content is honestly pretty niche, so having the lab be only about it didn't appeal to me. I was going to tie it in as being more specifically connected to the player with it having things such as "newborn pc DNA sample, perfectly preserved" and have the player go and talk to Dr Lessau to get the area actually rolling. However, as the Dev, if you don't want it then I won't do it.
This generally seems like something that should be rolled into the Steele Tech BioScience Lab already in game.
Alright, then why not consider removing the placeholder tile in the Nursery already in game? I actually don't personally have an opinion on this content being here or not, I just want to build the unfinished features for areas already referrenced in game. If it's no longer a desirable feature, then my opinion is it shouldn't be referrenced in the game anymore. If that's what the group of devs want, then I'll go look for another unfinished/abandoned thing to work on.

1654026853545.png

Thank you for the reply though, I highly value the opinions of the actual Devs about what should and shouldn't be in game. I don't mean this to come off harsh or agressive, I'm just trying to find things that are left behind and polish off the edges. I would be just as happy looking at things for other unfinished features, cause I want this game to be as immersive as possible.

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Maybe the BioScience Lab tile in the nursery could simply provide access to the TFs developed/sold by the main Lab on Uveto? Optionally with a small chance for the main Lab workers to show up there, the same way you can meet them in the Uveto bar. At least the ones you currently take to your ship to fuck with, to minimize amount of extra scene variations it'd require.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
pregnancy content is honestly pretty niche
It's actually one of the top 2 fetishes amongst the audience (competing against futa/dickgirls). Nobody on the staff is really into it, but the players really are.

have the player go and talk to Dr Lessau to get the area actually rolling. However, as the Dev, if you don't want it then I won't do it.
I guess that's one way to go about it -- have Dr. L bring it online. Though again, the question remains why not just roll that functionality into his lab in the first place if you need access to him to do it; it's not like his Uveto lab is more laborious to get to than the Tavros nursery.

Alright, then why not consider removing the placeholder tile in the Nursery already in game?
There are a great many dangling, useless things I would like to cut. I am not, however, the person who gets to decide that.