The Super Spooky Halloween Event.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
What it says on the tin. This year, the entire FoE writing team is coming together to put up a Halloween event for the season, and that means we need to get started early. Starring alternative versions of all your favourite characters from vampire Terry to zombie Kiai and mummy Miranda, we're working pretty hard to get everyone to make our first seasonal event a success. Not everything in the doc may make it to the final release, but at least you'll get a good look at what's going on in our minds.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dz_7GMMu-xIcn3aBO358a2dOYrt2_ijwC2xjtQRPo6s/edit#

If you'd like to write an alternate version of an already existing character for this event, chances are good, but as always, it's best to ask Alder first.

Have fun!

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
Kinda sad there isn't a Mad Genius Ophelia. I do really like what I have read and seen so far. The Cveta content looks like it's going to be a lot of fun along with the Terry content. One question though is the event planned only for October 31st or is planned to happen randomly when you draw closer to Halloween?

Glad all the things are going well and can't wait for more things keep up the good work.

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Basic plan is that it becomes accessible each evening throughout late October by eating the pumpkin pie at the nomad's camp. So you get to play it as often as you like.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Kinda sad there isn't a Mad Genius Ophelia. I do really like what I have read and seen so far. The Cveta content looks like it's going to be a lot of fun along with the Terry content. One question though is the event planned only for October 31st or is planned to happen randomly when you draw closer to Halloween?

Glad all the things are going well and can't wait for more things keep up the good work.

The plan is for the event to run from 15th October to 15th November.

However, you can access it any time with debug mode.

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
The plan is for the event to run from 15th October to 15th November.

However, you can access it any time with debug mode.

That's good to know. I would hate to have to do all that and fap to it in one sitting. I would just be exhausted from all of it.

LukaDoc

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
No Layla this year unfortunately. I couldn't think of a good way to have a "nightmare" Layla...

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Well I do have a few ideas for Christmas, but we'll see...

Yeah! I like seasonal events; they add spice and if you didn't like that spice well don't take part, they will soon pass.

A suggestion

When Alder has permanent buffs sorted, could we have some little reward, not a game breaking stuff: refractory rate, capacity, capacity etc.

LukaDoc

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Everything that happens in halloween world is a dream and carries no real world consequences, because we do some stuff that won't be cool if it did get carried over. (I anticipate bugs where stuff's getting carried over...)

It's there to be enjoyed, with the idea that we'll expand on it a little more every year until we're satisfied.

Spikes

Aug 27, 2015
No Layla this year unfortunately. I couldn't think of a good way to have a "nightmare" Layla...

Well shes a shapeshifter extraordinaire, so maybe a "The Thing" or "Blob" theme? Of course that more or less would have her in the slime category. Frankenstein monster since shes a chimera and those are traditionally multiple creatures in one?

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Alder has urged us not to write any more than what we have planned already, since he thinks we have enough for this year.

It's ultimately up to LD and QB to write it, as well as Alder to code it, but I personally say don't hold your breath.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Everything that happens in halloween world is a dream and carries no real world consequences, because we do some stuff that won't be cool if it did get carried over. (I anticipate bugs where stuff's getting carried over...)

It's there to be enjoyed, with the idea that we'll expand on it a little more every year until we're satisfied.

I am aware of this my comment was directed to the suggestion of a Christmas special

Frankly I am just happy at the prospect of getting additional content

Strangely I feel  asides like these indicate that FoE is getting comfortable in its skin, it now has the confidence to play with itself.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Some of the preliminary content is up on the github. If you guys would like, you can help us bugtest for the next release. For those of you who want to fuck Cveta and get her pregnant, you can do it to a nightmare version of her, if you so desire. >.>

We'd rather not release the Halloween content officially until it's more complete, maybe in a week or two.

Remember to enable debug mode, since we're not in season yet.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Isn't it possible to enable it normaly without debug using same trick as for CoC events by changing system date to say 4-5 weeks ahead?

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Isn't it possible to enable it normaly without debug using same trick as for CoC events by changing system date to say 4-5 weeks ahead?

You could, but why would do you that when you can just enable debug?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Umm ahh yeah well CoC not had debug option to enable all events happening. Seems old habits die hard ^^ (And well I just meantioned other way that it could be done too if one not want to use debug - but ofc debug is way easier and faster way to access that)

sm_fan

Oct 9, 2015
Haha pretty amusing event, and without any consequences in the end, so things can get as weird as possible, wonder if the ravens enjoy it? Bummer that Layla couldn't make it in this year, perhaps next time she can be included as a gargoyle? She... kinda of looks like one in the portrait (yeah I know she is a chimera and all), and it would fit nicely in the halloween theme IMHO.