The Sluice gate puzzle is throwing me off

Dec 9, 2018
I've managed to get up to four clicks but can't seem to figure out the last turn I need. Can someone help me out here please?
I have two combinations that get me four clicks (Left, Hold, Left, Left, Right), and (Left, Left, Left, Right, Right).

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
wouldn't that mean that either L H L R R or L L L L R is correct? you know L _ L _ R is correct, because it's the same in both patterns, and because both positions get 4 clicks, that means 1 position has the correct 2nd one, and the other position has the correct 4th one. So one of LHLRR or LLLLR will give 5 clicks, and one will give 3 clicks.

Dec 9, 2018
wouldn't that mean that either L H L R R or L L L L R is correct? you know L _ L _ R is correct, because it's the same in both patterns, and because both positions get 4 clicks, that means 1 position has the correct 2nd one, and the other position has the correct 4th one. So one of LHLRR or LLLLR will give 5 clicks, and one will give 3 clicks.
It was the Hold part that was bothering me the most, and I just put in LHLRR and it unlocked. It looks like I was overthinking it. Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
It was the Hold part that was bothering me the most, and I just put in LHLRR and it unlocked. It looks like I was overthinking it. Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
No prob, I like logic puzzles and you'd done 95% of the work there!