The Magic Within (For Styx)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Nelsy's head appears at your shoulder.

"I dunno Arty, I've spent centuries trying to avoid this guy. He'll gobble up any spirit he comes across and absorb their mana..."

Her face brightens.

"Wait! If we managed to trick him into thinking he's beaten us, he'll establish a mana link! I could reverse the flow, and instead he'd be the one getting absorbed!... Probably.... I mean, he'd have to be pretty weak and it would depend on your ability to resist him for a good few seconds..."

(Intelligence vs. Speed: 12 + 5 vs. 14. Success!)

Enemy Health: [X][X][X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

You lash out your shadow magic like a whip, tugging at a nearby pillar and throwing it directly against the dragon's back. It shatters with the impact and draws out a bellow of pain from the scaled fire monster.

(Strength roll: 15 + 5 = 20. Success!)

With one last lurch, the dragon pulls free of the portal and beats its tattered wings. You wince as dust is kicked up and the beast flies around in a circle, smashing its hindclaws into a pillar and causing it to domino into its neighbors. You leap clear as the stone columns all crash down in short order, leaving a tumble of stone.

"No more rocks for you to toss around now human.... Time to face your doom...."

Last edited by a moderator:

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
(So he got damaged or not?) "What would that do to me and possibly you?" She asked lowly already beginning to move so not to make herself a target and chants lowly"light burst forth and blind my enemies" she said lowly as a orb of light forms and grows and burst in a bright blast of light her eyes closed(you said we had two turns right ? If not ignore this next part and I'm.nt useing special points) alredy she chants again "ice spear my enemy and leave him.full of holes"she incanted placing a hand on the ground and sending mana thru it

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"I'm not sure exactly what will happen with that large of a mana transfer. It might change you a bit, but you'll live through it... Probably. I'm like ninety percent positive.... Or maybe Eighty-five.

More importantly, you'll have all of that fire power at your disposal. Won't matter if the doors don't recognize you if you can just knock them down!"

Nelsy's shoulder sizzles as a falling ember quenches against her skin. The water spirit grimaces. Just weaken him up a bit and then fake like he's got you on the ropes. He'll likely try to touch you and then drain your circuits of mana. That's when we'll turn the tables on him."

(Precision vs. Speed: 10 + 2 vs. 13 + 2. No damage.)

You summon a huge spire of ice from the ground, hoping to impale the dragon, but the monster beats its wings and flies above the glittering lance. It breaths fire again, this time directing the blazing cone down directly upon you.

(Fortitude vs. Speed: 8 + 5 vs. 11 + 4)

You scramble for a nearby fallen pillar, just as the flames hit. The stone at your back becomes scaldingly hot, but Nelsy's cool embrace protects you.

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
"You did not tell me what might happen to you thru our link" she stated"and those odds are decent" 'and gaining A few dragon like features whoud not be to unappleing...' she thought to her self "how much do you think I need to weaken him?" She asked her as she began to move again casting the same spell just formed in the sky instead of the ground witch is a bit harder

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Don't worry about me Arty. Fire and water don't mix all that well, but I'm tougher than I look. This is the only way I can think of getting out of the labyrinth... Not getting eaten is a bonus."

(Speed contest: 13+2 vs. 14+4. Failure.)

The dragon lands casting out a shockwave of dust. You blink dirt from your eyes and your vision focusses just in time a sinewy tail lash out. The dragon smacks a boulder towards you. You tuck yourself into a somersault to avoid the massive projectile.

(Speed contest: 9 + 4 vs. 7 + 9.)

The dragon tries to get airbourne again, but this time you are ready for him. You summon up your magical reserves and an jagged star of icy forms from thin air right above the leaping fire lizard. Massive rents are torn in his wings and he plummets back towards earth in a heap.

Nelsy gives a cheer next to you. "That's it Arty! Keep it up and we'll have him for sure!"

Enemy health: [X][X][X][X][ ][ ][ ][ ] wings damaged

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
She nods"if you say so I don't want to lose a companion I just got" she said and glances at her sword and mentally sighs knowing its stupid to get up and personal with a dragon . She begins to run to another place while summoning spears of ice to fire at him 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Speed contest: 4 + 4 vs. 7 + 1. Failure)

You hurl icy projectiles at the lumbering dragon all while jumping over the surrounding rubble, eager to keep some distance between you and its teeth. Unfortunately on the ground, there is plently of obstructions to foul your aim. Most of your shots shatter against boulders and the few that connect with the dragon skitter harmlessly off its scales.

The dragon tries to keep pace with you for awhile, trying to get close enough for a quick chomp. You seem to lose him for a moment when an ashen cloud erupts from behind a fallen pillar.

The smoke encircles the entire arena and you cough as your lungs fill with the stuff. A clatter of stone signals that the dragon is on the move, seeking you out admist the smog. You need to be careful going forward, lest you find yourself face to face with your fiery enemy.

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
She holds her breath and decides to try and trick him and summons a ice ball and sends it in the air and starts to move keeping an ear out as he moves

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Insight roll: 10 + 2.)

You stumble along hoping to put distance between you and the dragon. Hopefully your spell created enough of a diversion for you to gain the upper hand.

You wheel around at the clattering of stone and ready yourself. Just as you are about to unleash your offensive, a small boulder rolls into view and halts... The noise ceases. Where!?

You wheel around and are face to face with a huge pair of glowing eyes. A sinister laugh rings out.

(Speed contest: 8 + 4 vs. 10 + 2.)

(Damage roll (fort vs. str): 5 + 2 vs. 4 + 5. Normal wound)

A huge claw lashes out from the gloom and you spin to the side, barely avoiding your head being taken off. The strike still lands on your shoulder though. You cry out as the razor-sharp clawy tears into you. Your left arm feels numb and something warm is trickling down your side.

Your Health: [X][X][ ][ ]

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
She mentally grones" nelsy can stop the bleeding" she asked quietly as she looks around and decides to try sensing him thru her shadow magic . She sends out her shadows to search the area and latch onto any living thing

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Intelligence roll: 11 + 5. Success!)

(Nelsy helps you out. 3/5 special points remaining)

The blow throws you back and you tumble into a shadowy alcove. Pain lances from your shoulder as Nelsy lays her cool hands on the wound. She shushes you and begins chanting quietly. You flinch as her fingers become fluid, extending into the wound and probing about.

"I'm going to bind this up with mana; close up the skin and reconnect the tendons. It won't be permanent, but at least you won't have to fight with one arm." She brushes back your soot-stained hair and gives you a strained smile. "He probably thinks you're out for the count after that little love tap. Now's you're chance to surprise him!"

You send out a tendril of shadow that stealthily creeps along the ground, keeping out of sight by darting between the copious rubble. Through your magical appendage, you feel a vibration and seek out its source. The tentacle latches onto a scaly leg. The dragon is several yards away behind a pillar, searching the area for your corpse. He hasn't noticed your tracking spell yet.

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
"You think he's weak enough yet?" She asks her as she stretches her shadow around the dragon with out binding it then once she has enough cover she binds him then uses the shadows to send ice mana tgru to create spikes to attack him

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The dragon roars as you once again entangle him a cage of icy protrusions. The smoke clears a bit as his massive bulk topples over, crushing the surrounding pillars and spraying out chips of stone.

Nelsy peeks over your shoulder. "I think you've got it Arty. If he tries to devour you now, we should be able to give him a nasty surprise." She gives you a mischievious smile. "He's such an arrogant old lizard that I'm sure he believes no mere human can defeat him. Get him to set up a mana link."

Nelsy calls out. "Alright! You've won! I surrender!.. The human's almost completely drained after that last spell. It's pointless for me to keep fighting. Just take her mana and let me go back to my fountain."

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
She falls on her ass and glares at nelsy for her "betrayal" (sorry for the late post my phone was fudging up some and I'll be oseing special points to ensure this works don't want to fail something like this)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The ground trembles as the dragon makes his way towards you. Out from the smoke, the enormous fire drake emerges, battered and bleeding. Despite his ragged appearance, he carries himself with an arrogant air.

"Finally, you see reason, nymph. Allow me the human, and we will have no further quarrel. She has only lasted this long because of your assistance. When she is mine, you may return to your lair. I have no interest in your watery essence.

He bends his head towards you and tastes the air with his tongue.

"Still... This one harbors a certain stubborness that I find admirable. I have not had such a great contest in years... Perhaps I need not consume you, little one... If you would join with me willingly."

As he speaks, the dragon's form seems to shrink.... No, not just decrease in size, but change in form too. The wings and scales remain, but their is an audible crack of bone as the dragon's limbs reshape and his torso becomes less serpentine.

The dragon shifts from his quadruped stance into an upright posture, clawed feet bending foward to grasp the ground and talons shortening to form dextrous fingers. Before you isn't a dragon or a man, but something in between.

His muscles ripple beneath a scaly hide as he prowls towards you, strong tail flicking behind. He crouches over you and spreads his wings, eclosing around you like a tent. His long, thick tongue extends past sharp ivory teeth and trails across your jawline. Some hot and hard presses against your thigh. You look down to see an enormous pointed prick immerge from a reptilian sheath situated above a large pair of eager testicles. The thing seems to pulsate as it lengthens, nearly a foot long, veins glowing with what seems like molten rock.

"Well, human? Would you rather be destroyed, or joined to me forever? We could escape this place and rule side by side..." He presses against you. Nelsy peaks from behind his should and smiles with a big thumbs up, as if banging an ancient dragon-man had been part of the plan all along.

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
She mentally glares at Nelsy"just get on with it but a word of advise I'm still a apprentice and theirs many teachers out their stronger than me"