The Kashima Incident

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Spoken with British accent- Mr Savin, may I ask, what is The Kashima Incident going to be about. All I could see so far on you Google doc page is that it's a Dead-Space Parody featuring tentacles. Has the content created for a planet encounter or a Space encounter?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It's a space encounter. Balanced for level 7 or so. Meant to be a short Halloween event but because it uses the group combat system extensively it got pushed back and expanded some. 

TL;DR You and a rescue crew go to save a Steele Tech ship. It's full of tentacle monsters. Then everybody's full of tentacle monsters. Then you gotta play Text Dead Space or some shit a bunch until you beat 'em and save the day or everyone becomes one with Our Lord and Savior Cthulhu.

Also there's a tsundere leithan amazon (with a secret subby side) I got to write. Obviously the best part of the whole thing.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
i'm curious about the silence myself as the only things i've seen about it have been dead end wiki links and mentions of it when people are talking about kara quest

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
It's a space encounter. Balanced for level 7 or so. Meant to be a short Halloween event but because it uses the group combat system extensively it got pushed back and expanded some. 

TL;DR You and a rescue crew go to save a Steele Tech ship. It's full of tentacle monsters. Then everybody's full of tentacle monsters. Then you gotta play Text Dead Space or some shit a bunch until you beat 'em and save the day or everyone becomes one with Our Lord and Savior Cthulhu.

Also there's a tsundere leithan amazon (with a secret subby side) I got to write. Obviously the best part of the whole thing.

Is the rescue crew your shipmates or a crew sent from Steele Tech which you help?

And when saving someone, does that remove the tentacle monster from them?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Is the rescue crew your shipmates or a crew sent from Steele Tech which you help?

And when saving someone, does that remove the tentacle monster from them?

From what I remember on the few times I saw posts about the Kashima Incident, it's a Steele Tech crew which you run into and can decide to help. Also I think saving them from the tentacle monsters is exactly what saving them is meant to be in the quest.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015

So what are the chances of this appearing in patch notes before the next public release?

Grffenskull

Sep 25, 2016
Somehow I managed to trigger the distress call, I get up to the part where there is supposed to be an encounter in which someone is taken, but that event never triggers. I believe this shouldn't be possible yet. Ask a question about it, I can answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Somehow I managed to trigger the distress call, I get up to the part where there is supposed to be an encounter in which someone is taken, but that event never triggers. I believe this shouldn't be possible yet. Ask a question about it, I can answer.

Dude, this thread was last replied in January and any information in it is kinda out-dated. Thread necromancy is kinda frowned upon here. 

Karven

Sep 28, 2016
I also got the trigger for the distress call and i do the hack and take the Vamp Sword and fight the guy who has the tentacles and regenerates himself and once done you get given another task that is supposed to trigger, but you can only go left to right and down a couple of spaces as you can only keep fighting the infected, there is no options to leave and the information on the Wiki says the Kashima Incident should not be accessible and that it is a bug.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
I also got the trigger for the distress call and i do the hack and take the Vamp Sword and fight the guy who has the tentacles and regenerates himself and once done you get given another task that is supposed to trigger, but you can only go left to right and down a couple of spaces as you can only keep fighting the infected, there is no options to leave and the information on the Wiki says the Kashima Incident should not be accessible and that it is a bug.

A bug, and its been reported, just have to wait until its dealt with. You can report bugs, or submit more information on existing reports you deem important, here. https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/forum/8-bug-reports/

Now to let the necro thread rest in peace before more trouble rears its head.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Krynh

It's been fixed but that requires a new build to see it.