The dreaded "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

Frostgames

Sep 4, 2022
Does anyone know what triggers it? First time I made a post in the other adult games when I updated it the first time it triggered it and I think it is still there waiting for aproval. Then I went to showcase i posted there, and now the third time I update it, this happens again.

Equivocate

Apr 24, 2022
Does anyone know what triggers it? First time I made a post in the other adult games when I updated it the first time it triggered it and I think it is still there waiting for aproval. Then I went to showcase i posted there, and now the third time I update it, this happens again.
It appears to be the built in XenForo (the forums software used for these forums) spam filter, which gets triggered when new members embed links or edit their posts after posting.
Typically the spam filter stops being relevant once a member has posted more frequently - so typically anywhere from 5 to 15 posts.

Kind of unfortunate, but it's just so new accounts aren't created with the sole purpose to spam, although it's not a perfect system by any means.

Also irritating how the search functionality with the newer XenForo forums doesn't allow one to search for terms that are 3 characters or less (sometimes what someone wants to search for is just three characters damn it!), as apparently those are "too common" - yet if you search for a three letter term alongside another term, it will still search for that three letter term in addition to the other, so... not faultless there either.

Frostgames

Sep 4, 2022
Well looks like for now I can only hope a moderator will see this post and solve it. Link of the thread awaiting approval bellow:

CyberScherzo

Jun 22, 2018
www.cyberscherzo.com
Oh.
I just thought the forum for posting other games did that by default, but I guess since you usually post a link to said game when making a thread there the link is what actually triggers it.

Frostgames

Sep 4, 2022
Looks like I still don't have enough posts and this time i didn't put any link or anything, just changed the tittle of the main post and added the changelog.

Frostgames

Sep 4, 2022
One day, this forum will stop blocking my updates in showcase, but this day is not today, unfortunately.

squeak

May 1, 2023
this keeps happening to me, too. i'm a chronic "think of new things to say AFTER posting" kind of person, so almost all my posts that aren't on threads created by me are hidden. :,^)

Frostgames

Sep 4, 2022
They said it is 5 to 15 posts for it to stop happening, I am at 13 and it happened again, so it is probably 15, with this one I will be at 14.

Jul 31, 2022
United States
I am glad I found this thread. I edited the second post I made not long after posting it and it seems it got flagged. I was so confused when it didn’t get posted for like a day and a half because it needed to be approved by someone first.

Frostgames

Sep 4, 2022
Let me revive this because even with more than 15 posts it is still happening. I will have to see if it stops when I reach 20.