The current backers poll.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Not that my vote would have mattered much, I would have voted with the Space combat and travel.

Mostly because I thought of it being the most annoying/difficult to work on.

And not because I want Fen and them to suffer or anything.

But because getting the hardest thing out of the way, would help make things easier in the long run?

Although now that I think about it, it would need to be change at a later date if something were added....

Or I guess said new thing could be changed to accommodate the current coding?

Sorry if this personal input isn't needed (which I know it isn't), but once I think something I have to speak it.

Or I'll feel agitated all day over not saying anything at all... :|  

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Each option has the potential to be the most time-consuming and intricate aspect of the game, but it depends on design scope and implementation.

I voted for the Nursery (and only the Nursery) because I feel it is the most relevant major system currently missing from TiTS. That is, it is the one most directly related to the sexual aspect of the game, and the one that has the most loose ends currently in existence. There's content that's essentially broken and/or unresolved because the Nursery doesn't exist. That can't be said for any other option in the poll.

But that's just my opinion on the matter.

I guess I could see that...

Alright, your logic is sound then.

I didn't know that not having a nursery would affect other things in the game to the extent of, let's say making them inoperable?

Although, I think I could see that now that I actually...well think of it. xD  

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The Nursery is a thing which it totally out of my interest. So Space & Factions. Quest journal is a nice thing to have too. Imagepack and SSTD? Place them into a back burner and burn.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Gonna have to side with our resident Harpy on the Nursery issue. Its absence most definitely the single biggest issue for any content relating to pregnancy and the PC's kids short of the usual problems like getting the content actually written and coded that aren't inherently specific to the desired content. Space travel is definitely nice, but it's very much a thing that is already going to happen eventually anyways. Were it not for the Nursery being such an issue, I would have voted for the Factions as I feel like having that stuff solidified opens up new avenues for new characters to be added to the game. I have no real beef with the quest journal and feel like while it's current state is rather poor, it's not something that feels like it's a big enough project to vote into the the spotlight to get a great deal of focus on, as there really isn't much quest content of any sort of complexity that the current system isn't capable of handling. Imagepacks are nice, but it's current rate of release is perfectly fine and SSTDs can fall off the backburner and behind the stove for all I care.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Voted for Space Content. Hope it expands on more than combat though, as it does mention travel. Might finally get the Kashima incident implemented for the game.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Seriously though, the poor guy gets bombarded with preg-requests to the point of total insanity. He crafts his characters a certain way, and I can guarantee that seeing wave after wave of people that just want to take said characters and force them into an ill-fitting fetish mold makes him salty. It would make me salty, certainly. Combine that with any existing prejudice against preg (as it is a very polarizing fetish) and you have a recipe for one grumpy lil' 'mander. 

Existence is suffering.

A basic framework for the nursery should be code-ready sometime this week. There is literally no way the scope and scale of the nursery will ever live up to three years of overhype, so prepare to be completely and utterly disappointed. Unique children like the Water Princesses will probably be getting some unique content, but this isn't going to be Child Rearing Sim 50XX or something. Then again, most of the breed-o-philes just want to rub one out to the sheer volume of offpsring they pump out anyway, so I guess having a giant counter/breakdown of your spawn will scratch that lizard-brain itch for them.

[SIZE=10.5px]At least it's better than nothing![/SIZE]

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Existence is suffering.

this isn't going to be Child Rearing Sim 50XX or something

One of the biggest fetishes to one of the biggest writers. :p

O-Oh... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
i feel like it should be most voted, after all this is a game about EXPLORING SPACE and we cant even actually explore space. 

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
I'm kind of Happy that the Nursery is getting done first compared to the other stuff. Not because I want it, but because with it out of the way we can finally get to the more juicy Items on the list, especially the Faction system.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'm kind of Happy that the Nursery is getting done first compared to the other stuff. Not because I want it, but because with it out of the way we can finally get to the more juicy Items on the list, especially the Faction system.

Yeah, feel the same way. I want the space travel system sorted both because it's the most gapingly obvious thing that's missing mechanics-wise and for purely selfish reasons, but Nursery is the thing most people ask for, and it does ultimately come back to this being a sex game more than a spess game.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I voted too fast there...until I read post next to it saying about multiple choices :(

So still Space combat was my choice and if I knoew faster 2nd vote would go to Nursery. But all good since both options are at lead now.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I disagree, ship and space travel mechanics is something we'd really need to get started with before considering factions and rep imo. There's simply no groundwork or plan for it at all that I can see, where is outer space? I would like to find this outer space. We've had some ideas that wound up buried/burned up in the old forum, like boarding and looting, or having non-follower crew types on larger ships that would determine how well it performs.

What do we get from factions and rep? Illegal weaponry from the Black Void? New ships? Mind broken slaves? Unique TFs? Helpful reactions from those that are otherwise our enemies? A few favors to plan for that big heist on your uncle's company? The possibilities are endless... but then, we get just that, a massive distraction and quite possibly more than a few silly peeps trying to muscle their snowflake factions into the game. I don't wanna think about sucking Xenogen's dick for benefits or that I'm hurting my rep with the UGC by helping the Red Myr in their takeover of Gildenmere.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
MistyBirb While TiTS-verse is undoubtedly a corporate dystopia, and factions is one of my favourite elements of world-building, I can't agree that space encounters can't be filled with meaningful content without them. The reality of Rush space, at least as I interpret it, means that there are more than enough unaffiliated elements to provide opportunities to write reasonably interesting weapon dealers, ship merchants, crewmen, opponents, cargo hauling contracts etc.

That being said, I'm okay with either of those two things taking the second place.

Last edited:

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Where are you going to recruit non-follower crews? Where are you going to get a ship that can staff a "real" crew? Who are you going to board and loot? What are the consequences of doing these things? The benefits?

Through mercenary contracts or reprogrammed droids, the ones in Deck 13 still haven't been given a place, after all. A ship and crew doesn't need to be tied to a faction, just the almighty credit, like everything else in the corrupt galaxy.

I see no easy way to create an engaging space system without having dynamic reputation/action consequence elements in place prior to its implementation. Not without adding a bunch of redundant space-specific systems that would be either obsoleted by the implementation of factions and rep or require mechanical overhauls once factions and rep show up. No need to take a step forward only to take another step back later on.

In my eyes, that's building sideways rather than forward. I'd like a dynamic rep system, if just so I can just make everyone hate me as I systematically screw them over. But if that gets in, I'm afraid by the time we get to space combat and exploration, the idea would become so overinflated that it would just be dead and buried.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
The reality of Rush space, at least as I interpret it, means that there are more than enough unaffiliated elements to provide opportunities to write reasonably interesting weapon dealers, ship merchants, crewmen, opponents, cargo hauling contracts etc.

Not to mention more rushers. If I'm remembering right, the only other rusher, aside from your rival, we actually encounter is Zo'dee. The rest have been relegated to mentions in bars...maybe?

While I didn't vote for it, I would like to see the nursery content. It would be exciting to finally get to meet the children that drew that picture for you when you birthed them. Will/Do we have any other unique kids?

I have a few questions regarding space travel. Will all the previous events (i.e. Saendra, Kiro, Zaalt) be sent to specific sectors of space rather than be random encounters? Or would we assume it's random because you can encounter them anywhere in space? Does space combat/travel include new ship designs?

Factions and reputation would be interesting but it would probably take the most time to implement since it has its fingers in everything, even pregnancy. Fenco would probably have to look back at most interactions and see if they warrant affecting reputation

The quest and objective tracking thing would mostly be up to the creators; how badly do they want it. Since they are the ones coming up with the content, they would be the ones who would most need or not need a more advanced quest tracker.

I'm a bit confused with regards to the image pack. Are we talking about updating the map so that it looks more impressive or cranking out more busts?

And lastly, the SSTDs. While it can be an interesting mechanic, I don't see it as a system that would require a lot of extra effort. The disease would probably be a perk of some kind. NPCs may have this perk, in which case, if the player has sex with them, the game will add that perk to the PC. The only thing I could see being hectic is if you have sex with Anno, meet Kaede later, and find out she mysteriously picked up an SSTD.?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Not to mention more rushers. If I'm remembering right, the only other rusher, aside from your rival, we actually encounter is Zo'dee. The rest have been relegated to mentions in bars...maybe?

There's also Riley now, but she's a holiday character.

It would be exciting to finally get to meet the children that drew that picture for you when you birthed them. Will/Do we have any other unique kids?

I have a few questions regarding space travel. Will all the previous events (i.e. Saendra, Kiro, Zaalt) be sent to specific sectors of space rather than be random encounters? Or would we assume it's random because you can encounter them anywhere in space? Does space combat/travel include new ship designs?

I'm a bit confused with regards to the image pack. Are we talking about updating the map so that it looks more impressive or cranking out more busts?

Yes, Water Princesses will be in the nursery. They're the only unique spawn I'll be writing anything for at start.

Random space encounters will remain random, I assume.

Image pack means adding art of various scenes directly into the game -- bend Flahne over a desk, get a picture of it. Obviously an optional add-on you can download, and not all scenes/events would have art (by a longshot) but it's an addition a lot of people enjoy I guess?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
@Savin Do you know if there will be in initial release of Nursery included Briha children?

Briha's children will be numerically counted among Myr children.

I have no idea if there's any unique content for them already written. If there is, I seriously doubt it'll be in the skeleton release, but that's ultimately up to Geddy. It'll probably get in eventually if it meshes with what we've designed.

I won't be writing anything for them if there's not already.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Briha's children will be numerically counted among Myr children.

I have no idea if there's any unique content for them already written. If there is, I seriously doubt it'll be in the skeleton release, but that's ultimately up to Geddy. It'll probably get in eventually if it meshes with what we've designed.

I won't be writing anything for them if there's not already.

Well I not think Jim wrote anything for them and even if it was probably delated when he was retiring from forum. Only think I can recall is that 2 first kids had specificaly set out sme of body appearance. But if nursery won't be meantioning too much how our childs look then they wil be almost not different from any other myr child we could have sent there.

Does myr-nyrea npc (fogot atm her name) and PC childs will count as myr children?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Does myr-nyrea npc (fogot atm her name) and PC childs will count as myr children?

Every race and race-hybrid will be counted separately. So Renvra's kids will be distinct from Red Myr, Gold Myr, and Nyrea counts.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Every race and race-hybrid will be counted separately. So Renvra's kids will be distinct from Red Myr, Gold Myr, and Nyrea counts.

Ohh so looks like system to count how many of what race childs will be quite complicated ^^ (hopefully it won't end TOO complicated or looking like some kind of excel sheet -_-')

Well then...if I not wrong atm only Briha children will count toward red myr children.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ohh so looks like system to count how many of what race childs will be quite complicated

Nah, it'll literally just be "[Race Name] [Age Category]: {X} sons, {Y} daughters" or something similar. Your Codex already more or less keeps track of the same stats (I think?); these will just go into a little more detail under each race header. Like so:

Nyrea
Infants: 6 Females, 8 Males
Toddlers: 3 Females, 9 Males

etc. Just hope we can keep the UI from being a cluttered mess, is all.