TF Lotion

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
If no one's going to take the opportunity to create a Lube Lotion TF, I might throw it in the long list of projects I wanna put out.

If people are interested, I threw something together quickly. It basically strips fur/scales/etc, and has a chance to change skin color. If anyone has any suggestions for it, I'd love to hear them. Link Here, and I'll also pop it into Submissions under WIP

I can't believe that my out of the blue idea inspired two almost completely different other ideas/projects, in a weird way I feel like an uncle.

Gear Grinder

Jan 6, 2016
I can't believe that my out of the blue idea inspired two almost completely different other ideas/projects, in a weird way I feel like an uncle.

Inspiration comes in many forms brother.

OatmealNookie

Nov 22, 2016
I was about to make my own thread, but I'll just stick this here instead.

The existence and use of the save editor points to a feature that at least some people really want in the game. Having an external tool that hacks game files may not be the best way to implement that feature. Having a fully incorporated in-game non-immersion breaking way to accomplish what that tool allows users to do has a few obvious benefits.

{TLDR}
Essentially, the idea I ended up with was to leave all the TF items as they are (I've seen how the code is); instead, having a single shipboard machine that allows Capn to selectively save already acquired TF parts (or individual data fields), and basically superimpose a transparency over the character sheet. For credit fees, of course.
{/TLDR}

I can read AS, but don't really know squat about how difficult coding nested menu buttons is for the game middleware.

Basically, a menu organizing the data fields available in the save editor, in an in-game suitable format.

[Head] [Body] [Legs] [Extremities]
[Head] -> [Eyes] -> [Color] -> [Copy] [Delete]
or [Head] -> [Eyes] -> [Copy] [Delete] to select the entire eye data set

There would have to be a full nullable backing field for all of Capn's body data. Once you get to a particular data value, or body part, you could pay a fee (say 5k) to save the part entire, or (say 1k) to save a sub-part data field. Or you could delete the stored data (1k).

The other option on the machine would be to essentially superimpose the stored data onto your character. IE empty fields left as is, and stored fields replacing current values. Say 10k to flash youself. This is obviously where the compatibility checking needs to be done, however, I don't think it would be anywhere near what would be necessary with other solutions. Also, when part data is stored, compatibility requirements can be generated and stored, greatly easing flash compat check design.

Haven't made it far enough to see Lessau's new scenes yet, but I did remember mention of microsurgeons storing a complete(ly fictional) record of all your TFs, which is where this idea came from. I was thinking Capn could end up hiring him to make this device after some dialogue.

This approach keeps everything in one place, allows users an immersive way to precisely define their character, and avoids any and all "ballance issues" by requiring the TF to already be acquired.

This is a different solution, but I think it's basically what the OP was discussing in the first place.

Last edited:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
If I were to follow up on that piece of dialogue, which I would do as lategame (P7+, noting we're currently on P3) content, the intent was to create a quest that when completed would allow the creation of a backup save of the PC's current form at any time, and allow loading that specific form at will. This is trivially accomplished coding-wise by creating a dummy character that stores the saved character data. Your suggestion is considerably more complex, though I'm not well-versed enough in the system to know if it's actually doable in a reasonable manner.