TF does not affect your race?

asidsaoi

Jun 13, 2017
Well, since alchemy is already starting to develop, I have a doubt, so I understand that your character's statistics are based on your race profession or work: My question is this, if I have an orc from the beginning and TF I do it. I become elf or catman affect your statistics?

asidsaoi

Jun 13, 2017
Yes, when you level up your *current* race will be considered for attribute purposes.
Then? the characters that are abortions of nature as chimeras or Ornithorhynchus, in how they will be treated. speak mixture or it will be simple as in Coc and your race will be determined by a score.

180px-Pandaman.jpg

As an example, my character has a muzzle head, pincers arms and legs cat, speed will be affected by my legs?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
If your character's racial score doesn't match any extant race, you'll be considered a mutant (or chimera, terminology tbd), which will have it's own set of attribute affinities.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
The system to determine races on-the-go hasn't been set up yet, so for now your race won't actually change. I'm still exploring how best to handle this as the racial pointing system as we know it has a lot of drawbacks.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
The system to determine races on-the-go hasn't been set up yet, so for now your race won't actually change. I'm still exploring how best to handle this as the racial pointing system as we know it has a lot of drawbacks.

Out of curiosity, what sort of drawbacks are there?

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
It's tons of branching/interconnected logic with rules that aren't *really* based on anything. Every so often when a new TF gets added the existing score functions have to be redone because there's a clash. It's a mess.

The major thing it has going for it is that it's easy to implement, it's just a bunch of if/else and a counter. It doesn't scale well, though.