Temple of Mallach

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
I always assumed the choice whether to build the temple was just to decide if you are interested in that content or not. However browsing on the forums I heard mention that it actually subtley changes Cait or something, and it's more like diverging paths.

So is there a plan for Cait that involves another questline that would earn her special anal virginity scene?

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Wait, it changes cait? In what ways? I haven't noticed much, honestly, and I'm a big fan of Cait, so I just wanted to give her something she wants. It's not like the enthiccening thing which makes her a lot less of the nice things I like about her, right?

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Wait, it changes cait? In what ways? I haven't noticed much, honestly, and I'm a big fan of Cait, so I just wanted to give her something she wants. It's not like the enthiccening thing which makes her a lot less of the nice things I like about her, right?
From what I've seen on here building the temple brings her closer to the church, and not building it is meant as a diverging path.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
So is there a plan for Cait that involves another questline that would earn her special anal virginity scene?
Cait's buttginity is not related to whether or not you help her construct Catte Temple, at all. Once you complete the Cat Call quest she'll talk with the Champ about it (assuming you have a penis or ghostlight) the next time you access her sex menu, completely independently of anything you do with the temple. They're only connected insofar as finishing Cat Call is also the trigger for Salwah to show up.

I always assumed the choice whether to build the temple was just to decide if you are interested in that content or not. However browsing on the forums I heard mention that it actually subtley changes Cait or something, and it's more like diverging paths.
Constructing the temple does have an influence on Cait because it has an influence on her future, as both she and the narrative text notes. It will tie her down to both the Marches and her religion and since you're basically constructing a high-class brothel and putting her in charge of it, that affects her character as well since it's encouraging rampant turbosluttery. See Alypia's comments here for more on that topic. If you don't construct the temple, that means her future is much more open and she's not necessarily tied down to doing the Mallachite Thing. This is... kind of obvious, I'd think. It's entirely optional but that doesn't mean it's a choice without consequences; this is why the game tells you very directly when you're asked to make the decision that building the temple will tie her down for years to come.

Last edited:

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Cait's buttginity is not related to whether or not you help her construct Catte Temple, at all. Once you complete the Cat Call quest she'll talk with the Champ about it (assuming you have a penis or ghostlight) the next time you access her sex menu, completely independently of anything you do with the temple. They're only connected insofar as finishing Cat Call is also the trigger for Salwah to show up.

Constructing the temple does have an influence on Cait because it has an influence on her future, as both she and the narrative text notes. It will tie her down to both the Marches and her religion and since you're basically constructing a high-class brothel and putting her in charge of it, that affects her character as well since it's encouraging rampant turbosluttery. See Alypia's comments here for more on that topic. If you don't construct the temple, that means her future is much more open and she's not necessarily tied down to doing the Mallachite Thing. This is... kind of obvious, I'd think. It's entirely optional but that doesn't mean it's a choice without consequences; this is why the game tells you very directly when you're asked to make the decision that building the temple will tie her down for years to come.
Oh ok thank you, I always thought the temple was mandatory for the anal virginity scene so that's why I asked.

Yeah that was the post.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
She also becomes more dick and breeding obsessed so if you play as a champion with vagina or are just not interested in rampant pregnancy in general, I would advise against building the temple. It really soils Cait in my eyes at least.

Last edited:
She also becomes more dick and breeding obsessed so if you play as a champion with vagina or are just not interested in rampant pregnancy in general, I would advise against building the temple. It really soils Cait in my eyes at least.
She does?

I don't interact with Cait much so I haven't had the chance to notice much change, but sad if true.

Bbbbbbbut considering that little implication of what will eventually happen if you don't build the temple, I suppose Cait's personality is just going to have to take the L for me here. All my stuff is stored in that town, goddamn it.

Kind of wish the potential disaster was not brought up if there's long-lasting personality effects on characters involved in this content, since once you know it's a thing you kind of feel pressured into the whole temple content every playthrough.

Reactions: Emerald

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
All my stuff is stored in that town, goddamn it.
The town's not going to get blown up if you don't want to build the temple. The spirits in the ruined temple just get handled in a different way.

The town's not going to get blown up if you don't want to build the temple. The spirits in the ruined temple just get handled in a different way.
Well the writing that's there does not do the most amazing job of implying this is the case if so. The spirits aren't even the biggest issue, dadcat specifies that the energies building up under the temple have a risk of sending the mountainside to kingdom come in a month or so via magical explosion.

Unless I missed a blurb later on saying he was completely wrong initially, the crux of the issue here would be the whole 'in a month, things goeth bomb' deal as a month implies a relatively short timeframe, much shorter then one could imagine some other group or hero comfortably having time to deal with it themselves, or for yourself to handle it later after the whole demonic invasion thing has been taken care of.

One simple fix would be a simple word change from a month to 'likely a few years'. Still a present danger, but that bit of breathing room can make all the difference in how forced one feels to complete the content.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Currently there is nothing in the text that implies that the bomb brewing inside of the temple will cease to exist, for any reason, besides it not being mentioned by you simply not pursuing it's construction. You basically enter a different plain of reality.