Taint?

Anonynona

Oct 20, 2015
Hey folks,

not trying to start a flame war, and if this has already been answered, I apologise (I couldn't find anything), but since CoC actually has/had Corruption as a game mechanic, will TiTS end up with something similar in the form of taint? Or was it just for the acronym?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It's for the acronym.  More broadly, "taint" refers to corporate interests, slavers, pirates, and generally the fact that you're out on the borderlands of the known galaxy, well away from the reach of the law.  It's not safe out here.  It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the timid.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
It's for the acronym.  More broadly, "taint" refers to corporate interests, slavers, pirates, and generally the fact that you're out on the borderlands of the known galaxy, well away from the reach of the law.  It's not safe out here.  It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the timid.

If I recall Fen said something about an end game area/sector of space that's quarantined and literally is called Tainted Space.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
If I recall Fen said something about an end game area/sector of space that's quarantined and literally is called Tainted Space.

Yup Fen do said recently that some endgame area would have out of control nanomachines or similar nasty thing to justify it been tainted space.

But it may take year(s) to it been ingame. So for now you can enjoy TiS ;)

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
It would be neat if in the end game there was a powerful psionic entity that emitted psychic perversion. Isn't there gonna be some eldritch thing called the savicite horror on Uveto? It would be sweet if that thing was a precursor or herald to even more substantial psionic eldritch abominations in the future.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016

That makes me envision a bad end where you become a literal corporate whore...

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015

I like the sound of that...

If only it wouldn't take so long to release content. :(  

I know they're doing their best, but can you blame me for being impatient..? <3

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I like the sound of that...

If only it wouldn't take so long to release content. :(  

I know they're doing their best, but can you blame me for being impatient..? <3

Only thing I see that can improve the speed at which content is added is there being more people able to code for the game

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Only thing I see that can improve the speed at which content is added is there being more people able to code for the game

Learning how to code has been on my list of things I want to do before the start of the next year....

Maybe I'll learn the basics in the next month, and then offer my support..?

Although I don't think that would be very helpful with just the basics...

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
You can learn to code for TiTS pretty quick, I think. The problem is that you'll need to know enough to get you started, because the coders don't really have the time to teach a horde of students who will likely have a >90% dropout rate.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
 Isn't there gonna be some eldritch thing called the savicite horror on Uveto? It would be sweet if that thing was a precursor or herald to even more substantial psionic eldritch abominations in the future.

>_>

There COULD be.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
It would be neat if in the end game there was a powerful psionic entity that emitted psychic perversion. Isn't there gonna be some eldritch thing called the savicite horror on Uveto? It would be sweet if that thing was a precursor or herald to even more substantial psionic eldritch abominations in the future.

Since my TiTs projects have been dropped, if someone wants to pick that one up they're more than welcome to.