Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice [v4.0] | Medieval Fantasy Furry Visual Novel

Are you interested in a game like this?

• Total voters

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #30

community update week 30 2k.png

It's been a while since the last post, so I thought that I should give a little update on how things are going with the next version of the game.

We're currently aiming to release Chapter 2 start to finish in 1 single update. That means a lot of content, at once. That also means a lot of artwork to complete as well, but that's coming along at a pretty steady pace too. This might change if there's problems down the line and we'll release it in 2 parts but hopefully it won't come to that.

Some talk about the merch! We have a proper merch store now! I would like to share some physical pictures of the shirts but I'm still waiting on my samples to arrive. Do check it out though, the design is available on multiple colors and fabric types!

That's it, till next time!

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon page! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, here. Let us know what you think!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #31

community update 31 2k.png

Once again, I'm back with a post about how things are going with v4.0!

The plan to release Chapter 2 start to finish in 1 single update is still pretty much in play. We have a lot of content (artwork) to make, but I think it's going to be a more satisfying experience overall! I wish I can give a solid release date but I don't want to rush it only having to patch in better artwork later on (like in v2.0).

Next up, call it a new 'feature' or just general polish. I'm adding image pop ups. The one in the left screenshot is used to show small details in the background/environment by having an image pop up in the middle of the screen. The middle screenshot is used to show a character's reaction to something when other character is speaking. I think it adds a lot to the experience with relatively little work, and that's pretty cool!

I'm also been experimenting with animated sprites (30 fps or so), you may or may not see some if you're in our Discord channel or following our patron-only posts. Still am not sure if it's viable to make for the game (we already have our hands full with work already at the moment).

That's it, see you next time!

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon page! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, here. Let us know what you think!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
So i started on your game and i've already had two thoughts. Firstly, i've noticed some pretty strange tenses in the writing, all of them being situations where the past tense should be used but instead the present tense is used ("if i'm 30 years younger" instead of "if i was 30 years younger"). Second, after just getting done with Nono's introduction handjob scene i gotta say... who's choice was it to make the cum pus-yellow? Looks infected and extremely unappealing. Cum is white. Also, that dude really killed the mood and all i wanted to say was "shuuuut up dude, i'm here for a handjob". I'm going to keep playing so i can give a more overall review of my experience but it hasn't drawn me in yet so i'm not sure if the game is 'for me' so to say.

One thing i would like to just recommend straight up, the little options bar at the bottom, the 'back q.save q.load' thing, i suggest making it autohide unless hovered over like in monster girl dreams. It's visually unappealing and clashes with the game's art style and since it's rarely needed it isn't something that should be glued to the screen.

Edit: oh, also, skippable intro please, going through all that confirmation every time you reload is very irritating.

Edit: Wait, that's it? That's all of chapter 1? Ok, that was surprisingly short. well... um ok.

Additional thoughts. Yeah, lots of incorrect tenses throughout the writing. Really didn't enjoy the king fucking people in front of Alex let alone his daughter, i feel like a prude saying so but since no consent was given, it felt very disrespectful to Alex and as the player i would've preferred to excuse myself and return later. I'm playing a sex game so it's not like i have a problem with sex, but that whole scene was extremely rude, not my cup of tea.

I um... i don't think this game is for me, or will be in the future. Good luck with it, i do hope you receive sufficient support to create your work.

The feedback on writing is definitely appreciated. it's our first big project, and English isn't our first language, so we may have some difficulty there but we are trying to improve as we go!

The suggestion for intro skipping and quick menu autohide is taken into consideration, we'll add it in the next version update.

We're working on the game in our free time (about less than 10 hours a week) so it really takes time to get much done in terms of content.

Really didn't enjoy the king fucking people in front of Alex let alone his daughter, i feel like a prude saying so but since no consent was given, it felt very disrespectful to Alex and as the player i would've preferred to excuse myself and return later. I'm playing a sex game so it's not like i have a problem with sex, but that whole scene was extremely rude, not my cup of tea.

On this point in particular, we actually have planned and written an option to leave the room during that scene to return later.
It didn't flow as well so we made the decision to remove it, rather than working on it more. (the line where Alex says: 'Stefanson, should I wait for until after you're done?' is the leftovers after we cut it)
I would imagine it would have bothered a lot of people as well, if it did bothered you. Maybe we should reimplement that dialogue option? Hmm.

Well, that's unfortunate that it's not to your liking, but thanks for playing it anyway! We're always trying to improve the quality of our work so who knows? Maybe in the future, it's finally up to snuff!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #32

community update 32 2k.png

Time for another update news! It's been a while since the last update post, so here's another! Yes, we are working on the next update, surely but slowly!

A lot of progress has been made but there are still a lot more to go! For the most part it's character design/asset related work left to be completed. While the background art takes the longest to make, character design definitely takes the cake when it comes to the amount of overall work needed.

There's nothing really important to announce here, this is just a monthly check-in post, I guess.

That's it, see you next time! Hopefully, with an actual release date!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #33 - WE GOT GAME MECHANICS!

community update 33 2k.png

Time for a big announcement and to show what we've been working on all this time!

We're looking for testers to get feedback on this, so please join our Discord channel to get access to it as soon as it's available!

This is a minigame/game mode where you get to touch and feel up the characters!

You have to be careful and think carefully where and how to touch. Touch them in the wrong way and you'll suffer the consequences. Touch them right and you might even get something at the end of it!

The more you touch them, the more places you can touch, and the more ways you can touch them with!

The characters will also be talking to each other during the entire sequence, either automatically triggered dialogue depending on where you touched, or manually selecting a topic to talk about.

As for the release schedule, we're planning to release v4.0 once the game mode is tested and the first level is completed. In other words, very very soon! C:

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon page! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, here. Let us know what you think

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #34 - Some Stuff We Been Up to Recently

community update july 2021 2k.png

It's been a while, sorry for the relative silence!

We've been working on/experimenting with the minigame mechanics, as lightly discussed in the last Update News post.

Thanks to all the testers in our Discord server for giving feedback but unfortunately we decided to shelve the feature, for now. The minigame itself doesn't work as well as we initially thought, even after weeks of adjustment it's still not as fun as we thought.

If its not fun, then the game is better off not having it. I think that's for the best. Though if you're curious, the test version is still available to download in our Discord channel, somewhere! Though I do not recommend it, it's just not good.

Not everything we made during the past month(s) is shelved though, the in-game user interface has received a facelift, and looks/works a lot better now, especially on mobile phone screens!

So... yeah! That's about it! v.4.0 is at it's final-ish phase of development now, removing the entire minigame segment has created some more work, unfortunately, but we're working on it!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #35 - Version 4.0 and what to expect!

1.png

Signs of life! Yes, we are still working on the game! It's just that things have been tough and there's some IRL circumstances that made it even more difficult finding time to work on this. That being said, let's get on with it!

What's coming in v4.0

Changes and improvements to the UI

2.png

- Brand new new quick menu interface is finished and implemented! This is a highly requested feature, so I'm glad to be able to make it work the way I wanted it to!

3.png

- Codex screen user interface improvements, minor tweaks to improve usability.

4.png

- Rescaled and tweaked the UI of the Pocket Edition to be much more mobile friendly as the UI was taking up more space on the screen than intended.

Key bindings fix and redone controller support
  • Added a screen to check key bindings and controls in-game.
  • New key bindings should be similar to typical visual novel style controls now. For example, pressing ESC will open up the Settings menu, instead of opening up the Save menu.
  • Controller key bindings are redone for ease of use.
  • The controller support is available in the pocket version as well.

5.png

Story content v4.0 will contain half of Chapter 2, but it's actually almost as long as the previous chapter, Chapter 1.

The game mechanics and minigame modes as previously discussed and teased will be shelved indefinitely because its really clunky and not fun (thanks to the feedback from our testers). Developing a prototypes for it has taken up more than that I imagined it would, might revisit it in the future if I have the time.

We're currently making huge changes to the supporter tiers, to cut down on general bloat and introduce new rewards. So for the time being, we don't have a release date, but hopefully this post will serve to let you all know what we been up to.

There will be a follow up post (or two) in the coming week/weeks. Where I will be announcing and implementing the supporter tier changes, as well as proper release dates for v4.0!

Note: The weekly supporter exclusive sneak peek posts will be on hold for a while until the new supporter tier changes are implemented/updated!

That's it for now! Please look forward to the release, coming soon!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Major Changes to the Supporter Tiers and More...!

new tiers 2k.png

Heya! In the effort to reduce bloat and confusion as well as to introduce new rewards, we're making drastic changes to the supporter tiers!

Don't worry about the new rewards, I'll explain those later, after the tiers overview.

Now, let's go over the changes!

Tier 1 - Basic
You
get...
  • Sneak peeks. Keep up with the latest development!
  • Access to exclusive supporter-only posts.
  • WIPs of that month's upcoming art pack release! As well access to the occasional special posts and artwork.
  • Vote in polls for certain content.
  • Your name listed in the credits section!
  • Our undying love and thanks!

Tier 2 - Standard
You
get all the rewards of previous tier and...
  • Early Access to the latest version of the game, 7+ days earlier!
  • Exclusive art pack, every month!
  • Access to the art pack archive and folders.

Tier 3 - Plus
You
get all the rewards of previous tiers and...
  • Special variants of the art pack! Watermark free, native resolution, textless and more!
  • Access to the special art pack archive and folders.
  • Access to game artwork archives, containing all the art we've used in our games. (2k, 4K resolution or higher, desktop quality backgrounds and artwork)

Now, onto the new rewards!

What is the exclusive art pack?
In the past months, we realized that some members in our team had more to do, while some had less. So instead of idling and have weeks/months go by without any meaningful releases, we've decided to release an exclusive art pack to our supporters!

While it's currently not feasible for us to release a new content update to the game every single month, we can release a set of artwork, it will be either pinups, sketches, concept art, in-universe lore entries or even short comics.

What happens now to the existing tiers?
The current tiers will be redone and relabeled. There are no price changes, so don't worry about that. The other unused tiers will be hidden away.

Whoever has the old supporter tier roles in our Discord channel will have their roles reassigned to match the updated ones, as well as be given a Legacy Supporter role.

NOTE: The roles reassignment is done manually, so there might be mistakes. Please context any of us (users with Dev roles) in the Discord channel for support! We'll fix it immediately! Check out the new and refreshed supporter tiers and see for yourself!
Any bit of support is greatly appreciated and pushes us towards the goal of working on the project full time!

Click here to go to the SubscribeStar page!
Click here to go to the Patreon page!

That's all for now! A proper announcement post with the release dates for the game will be coming after I'm done with redoing/relabeling the tiers and making sure everybody has the proper roles given to them in the server.

- Overclock Studios
Find the latest news and announcements on our SubscribeStar/Patreon! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, here. Let us know what you think!

Simon Riley

Jun 27, 2021
Trying to download this (mobile LG stileo 6) (think i spelled that right) and im not figuring it out (not a patron dont know if that means i cant)

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Trying to download this (mobile LG stileo 6) (think i spelled that right) and im not figuring it out (not a patron dont know if that means i cant)
You should be able to download the .apk files from the SubscribeStar page or the Patreon page (they're not restricted).
Do you know how to open/install .apk files on your phone?

Simon Riley

Jun 27, 2021
You should be able to download the .apk files from the SubscribeStar page or the Patreon page (they're not restricted).
Do you know how to open/install .apk files on your phone?
Yes i actually got it to work about 4 minutes ago still dont understand why it didn't the first few times but oh well thanks

Reactions: DeadPotato

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Announcing Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice v4.0 Public Release!

4.0 release.png
What's new in v4.0?
  • Changes and improvements to the UI
  • Key bindings fix and redone controller support
  • This update adds Chapter 2's story to the game!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #36 - What's coming next!

The 1st update news of 2022! Let's get right into it!

New gameplay systems and mechanics
Use the mouse to take/inspect/interact with objects in the areas you go to.
Click on NPCs to strike up a conversation with them!
An inventory system, find items and use them to solve puzzles.
Travel around different locations with the Map!

Reasons for making the switch/conversion
We can flesh out the world this way, adding new optional locations to explore and NPCs to talk to. It's honestly a better way to experience the content and the world/setting we spent so much time on building but never really utilized.

Rearranged content
The current plan is to convert the entirety of Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 to the new point and click adventure game system, while adding in new side content as we go. Nothing will be removed, just rearranged, and new things are added in between.

When can I play this?
Pretty soon, probably! The current goal is to get a test version done sometime by week 3 of February.

The test versions will be available for our supporters (any and all tiers). Help us improve the game by providing feedback!

A public test will be done sometime in the future, but only after most of the work is finished.

Ideas and Suggestions!
If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to let us know!

That's it for now! Let me know what you think, would you play it?

- Overclock Studios

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #37 - Test Version Soon!

It's been awhile and I'm been hard at work finishing up on the new features! Check it out!

New Stats System!
Picking dialogue choices, performing certain actions in the game will now affect/progress Alexandra's character stats! There's 5 stats in total: Charm, Fortune, Impulsivity, Awareness and Lust!

These stats will affect/add/change some dialogue and scenes, as well as making new dialogue/scenes available if the conditions are met!

I'm still experimenting with ways to integrate/utilize the system, but I'm feeling pretty excited about it!

Map / Travel Menu!
The previous version of the Travel menu is replaced, and now the new one has a preview window showing you where you're headed!

How it works has not been changed, you are free to explore the game world at your own pace!

When can I play this?
I'll probably refrain from setting dates on when stuff is gonna come out (I always overestimate how much/fast I'm able to work) but I'll definitely announce it when it's ready!

The test versions will be available for our supporters (any and all tiers). Help us improve the game by providing feedback!

A public test will be done sometime in the future, but only after most of the work is finished.

Ideas and Suggestions!
If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to let us know!

That's it for now! Let me know what you think, would you play it?

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our SubscribeStar or Patreon pages! Consider supporting!

Simon Riley

Jun 27, 2021
Update News #31

View attachment 16175

Once again, I'm back with a post about how things are going with v4.0!

The plan to release Chapter 2 start to finish in 1 single update is still pretty much in play. We have a lot of content (artwork) to make, but I think it's going to be a more satisfying experience overall! I wish I can give a solid release date but I don't want to rush it only having to patch in better artwork later on (like in v2.0).

Next up, call it a new 'feature' or just general polish. I'm adding image pop ups. The one in the left screenshot is used to show small details in the background/environment by having an image pop up in the middle of the screen. The middle screenshot is used to show a character's reaction to something when other character is speaking. I think it adds a lot to the experience with relatively little work, and that's pretty cool!

I'm also been experimenting with animated sprites (30 fps or so), you may or may not see some if you're in our Discord channel or following our patron-only posts. Still am not sure if it's viable to make for the game (we already have our hands full with work already at the moment).

That's it, see you next time!

- Overclock Studios

How to download

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Update News #38 - Test Version Release Date

It's finally time for the test build!

When can I play this?
17th of April, which is very soon!

The test versions will be available for our supporters (any and all tiers). It will also be up indefinitely for all tiers of supporters, until it is replaced by the next version.

What to expect from this version of the game.
If you played the previous versions, most of the content here will be the same. As it was just rearranged to fit this new game framework. There are some new additions, but they are relatively minor.

We're still figuring out what to do/add, so if you have any cool suggestions let us know!

Roadmap?
I'm not sure if we need a roadmap, but I can come up with one to show what/where we're doing and where the game is headed in future posts!

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our SubscribeStar or Patreon pages! Consider supporting!

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

NTS

Jul 13, 2022
So I downloaded the apk but never get past the is loading screen when I launch the app, waited around 20 mins and nothing