Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice [v4.0] | Medieval Fantasy Furry Visual Novel

Are you interested in a game like this?

• Total voters

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
TSf95header.png
Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice is an original furry erotic visual novel game set in a medieval fantasy setting. With an emphasis on characters, story, worldbuilding and sex (of course).

Short Intro:
Your name is Alexandra, an outsider to the small Kingdom of Odamant. You are one of what people call Magus, capable of manipulating Mana to cast magic. You've worked as a freelancer in the city for months, until one day you receive a letter addressed to you. It's a summons from the King...

screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0005.png

Something something about this project:
I've always wanted to tell/make/write a story that has an engaging plot, interesting characters and sex (because it's fun). This is what became of that. Most of the game's story beats are written and planned out, now it's just the arduous process of creating the assets and implementing them!

You can download the game for free here or here!
The latest public version is always the pinned post on top!
Consider supporting! C:

If you want to talk personally or discuss things about the game, feel free to join the Discord server here!
(Note: There's exclusive Discord channels in the server, but you have to support in Patreon for access)

Relevant tags regarding content in the game currently (I'll try to update this list as the game progresses):
futa protaganist, gay, traps, handjob, oral sex, big tits

v4.0
  • Changes and improvements to the UI
  • Key bindings fix and redone controller support
  • This update adds Chapter 2's story to the game!

v3.1
  • Added the Skip options back in!
  • Released an android version of the game!

v3.0
+ This update adds the remaining half of Chapter 1's story to the game! Now finally, Chapter 1 is complete!

v2.3
  • Ripped out Discord Rich Presence code from the game!
  • The 'Olive Surprise' scene artwork is touched up! Should look a lot better now!

v2.2
  • Added some more character dialogue as well as fixing grammar issues!
  • The 'Relief Session' scene artwork is touched up! Should look a lot better now!

v2.1
+ Rewrote a little bit of dialogue! Added back some dialogue that was missing/mistakenly removed.

v2.0
  • This update adds another 1/4th of Chapter 1's story to the game! About as long as the last part!
  • A Bonus Gallery System!
  • An improved Codex System!
  • Fixed some weird grammar at some parts.
  • Various tiny QoL improvements that are not worth mentioning!

v1.1 Teaser
  • Added the rollback feature that was previously disabled! Woohoo!.
  • Fixed a crash issue caused by redundant code in the splashscreen.

v1.0 Teaser
First Release

Sidenote: I didn't realize this is where I can put my game. Whoops. Also also, the latest Beta testing went pretty well, the public release of the next version is coming pretty soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blindwolfgames

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
There's a charming rough around the edges quality to it that's endearing. You've done a good job making it look lively as you're reading and that's important for a visual novel.

The writing needs some polish, though, it's all very plodding and that's not how you want a visual novel to flow. A few tips:

• Opening on exposition, especially when it's generic exposition that doesn't really convey anything (trust your audience to know what mana is!), is best avoided. Find a killer opening line!
  • Dialogue that's too orderly will feel redundant and repetitive, e.g.

"Are you mad?"
    "I'm not."
    "Really? Are you really not mad?"
    "Keep that up and I'll get mad."

makes for a -very- dry sequence that feels as though it's just saying the same thing four or five times - and without any particular flavor. Most of the opening scene reads this way; a character will either directly answer the last statement or even partially rephrase what was just said. This sort of dialogue is nothing to be ashamed of, it's very common among new writers, but it's a habit best broken early because it's so very boring when you as a reader feel like you're bouncing in place. Engaging dialogue isn't a matter of stating the obvious but getting across moods in a way that intrigues the reader. Remember: nothing's more boring than hearing a character say flatly what they're thinking or feeling. Experiment with responses that answer indirectly - or not at all! That can convey annoyance a lot better than "I'm getting annoyed".
  • Be careful of repetition in general. When going over any point you'd say it at least twice in different ways and that contributed to the feeling that the scene just wasn't moving. A good general rule is to use your writing to guide the reader into what you want them to focus on. Reading the opening scene there was no sense of what was important. Everything got emphasized through repetition and that came off as rambly and unfocused. When you're editing go through the scene, pick out what parts you want to shine, and let the rest of it either compliment those parts by building it up or emphasizing it (or at the very least not stealing focus from it or muddling it). The focus in the opening scene should really be the letter, how mysterious it is, what sort of main character we're dealing with here based on how she'd react to such big news out of the blue - but based solely on how many times it got repeated the important part was apparently how big a slut the catboy is.
  • Complimentary details make for more engaging writing. You say that she's having trouble finding clients but has no trouble paying her rent. Are you showing what you're telling?

It's really just a matter of practice. Creating interest, keeping people engaged as they read, and making worlds and characters that don't need to explain themselves overmuch are all a matter of being sly. Remember that no one's curious to get to know a character who immediately tells us what she's all about in the most straightforward way she can.

Reactions: DeadPotato

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
There's a charming rough around the edges quality to it that's endearing. You've done a good job making it look lively as you're reading and that's important for a visual novel.

The writing needs some polish, though, it's all very plodding and that's not how you want a visual novel to flow. A few tips:

• Opening on exposition, especially when it's generic exposition that doesn't really convey anything (trust your audience to know what mana is!), is best avoided. Find a killer opening line!
  • Dialogue that's too orderly will feel redundant and repetitive, e.g.

"Are you mad?"
    "I'm not."
    "Really? Are you really not mad?"
    "Keep that up and I'll get mad."

makes for a -very- dry sequence that feels as though it's just saying the same thing four or five times - and without any particular flavor. Most of the opening scene reads this way; a character will either directly answer the last statement or even partially rephrase what was just said. This sort of dialogue is nothing to be ashamed of, it's very common among new writers, but it's a habit best broken early because it's so very boring when you as a reader feel like you're bouncing in place. Engaging dialogue isn't a matter of stating the obvious but getting across moods in a way that intrigues the reader. Remember: nothing's more boring than hearing a character say flatly what they're thinking or feeling. Experiment with responses that answer indirectly - or not at all! That can convey annoyance a lot better than "I'm getting annoyed".
  • Be careful of repetition in general. When going over any point you'd say it at least twice in different ways and that contributed to the feeling that the scene just wasn't moving. A good general rule is to use your writing to guide the reader into what you want them to focus on. Reading the opening scene there was no sense of what was important. Everything got emphasized through repetition and that came off as rambly and unfocused. When you're editing go through the scene, pick out what parts you want to shine, and let the rest of it either compliment those parts by building it up or emphasizing it (or at the very least not stealing focus from it or muddling it). The focus in the opening scene should really be the letter, how mysterious it is, what sort of main character we're dealing with here based on how she'd react to such big news out of the blue - but based solely on how many times it got repeated the important part was apparently how big a slut the catboy is.
  • Complimentary details make for more engaging writing. You say that she's having trouble finding clients but has no trouble paying her rent. Are you showing what you're telling?

It's really just a matter of practice. Creating interest, keeping people engaged as they read, and making worlds and characters that don't need to explain themselves overmuch are all a matter of being sly. Remember that no one's curious to get to know a character who immediately tells us what she's all about in the most straightforward way she can.

FINALLY! Some criticism! I've been waiting for this...! Feels like I'm been holding my breath up till now. I can finally breathe!

I'll try to keep what you said in mind. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Just a short and simple announcement for v2.1's public release!
The post should have all the new download links now!
Have fun!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #9
It's time for a weekly news post!

The latest Public Release went pretty well, I think...! I can only make a rough guess but I'd say the latest v2.1 Public Release build has been downloaded 700+ times so far. Which is pretty cool!

We're looking for criticisms/comments in general! So let us know what you think of it! They help a lot! Don't worry about hurting out feelings with criticism (as long as it's fair)!

Also: We're putting out feelers for potential inspiration/ideas for future scenes/characters. If you have an interesting idea, feel free to let us know! Any source of inspiration helps in the creative process!

Now that the post mortem's over, let's talk about the FUTURE! Stuff about the v3.0 update!

community update week 9 2k.png

What's coming in the v3.0 Update?
Of course, it's the remaining parts (half) of Chapter 1! If you're not in the know, the content in v2.x is supposed to come alongside the first v1.x release. We unfortunately overestimated our manpower and was unable to complete the workload. :C

When can we expect v3.0 Update?
We are currently working ahead of schedule but there's still a lot of work left, a lot of work left. There will be an announcement for the BETA when it's coming out, of course.

That's it for now! Have a nice day! Now. back to the grindstone...

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon page! Consider supporting too!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #10

I'm going to get back to talking about the game itself now!
This week... PACING AND GAME UPDATES!

What do I mean when I say pacing and game updates?

community update week 10 2k.png

The way we've been putting out updates now happens to line up pretty well with the pacing of the chapter's story. v1.x is the beginning, v2.x is the middle, and v3.x will be the end of the chapter. So the pacing will feel fine when played as it's being released over time.

I want to highlight that this is only the introduction chapter of the story. Chapter 1 doesn't have an overarching story arc, so it feels fine pacing wise to be played part by part.

...but it might become a problem in future chapters where there's a story to tell throughout the chapter and I don't think it's possible to pace out the chapter's story between 2-3 updates across a few months that won't kill the pacing.

So right now... there's a choice to be made after v3.x (chapter 1) is done.
1. Shorter chapters to keep the pacing between updates somewhat consistent?
2. Longer time between updates, but probably 1 chapter worth of content per update?

Nothing concrete now, and this is not really an announcement or anything like that. Just something to think about and I want your feedback as well! What do you think about this whole situation? Or it's not really a problem with how things are going?

...That's it for now! Have a nice day! Now. back to the grindstone...

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon page! Consider supporting too!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #11

Hello! It is time for our very first poll!

Links to the polls here!
Tier 1 Poll (Free!)
Tier 2 Poll
Tier 3 Poll
Tier 4 Poll
community update week 11 2k.png

Now, I'm going to explain how we're doing this!

How long do polls last?
To make sure that everybody has a chance to vote, each poll will last for about 14 days or 2 weeks! That should be enough time, right?

How are the poll votes calculated?
Each tier of the poll is weighted differently. Tier 1 is the lowest, Tier 4 is the highest. Tier 1's poll is open to the public, so it is free. Tier 2 and above is available, depending on your patron tier.

If I support your highest patron tier, do I get to vote in all 4 Poll Tiers?
For now, it is possible. You get more votes in the poll depending on your supporter tier. So don't forget to vote in all 4 of them, if you are eligible for it!

When are the results of the poll released?
We will announce the results on the following Weekly Update News post, as well as a detailed breakdown!

...That's it for now! Have a nice day! Be sure to vote in the polls!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #12

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'REFORGED'? Well, let me explain.

community update week 12 2k.png

It's actually just another quality pass on the sex scene images. There's a lot of things that are left unpolished (due to us rushing to push the updates out) and it's been biting at the back of our minds when we're working on content for v3.0. Honestly, it didn't look as good as the other assets in the game, and we want to fix that.

So, our decision is to go back and touch up the sex scene images, apply a little bit more polish. Better looking shading and all that.

While we're at it, I've decided to rewrite parts of v2.x's content. The dialogue and flow of the scene felt a little off to me, so I made some changes. Nothing drastic, but it should be a lot better now!

We're almost done, the v2.2 update should be out sometime this week! No need for a BETA because it's just a slight patch! So look forward to it!

We still have an ongoing poll! Remember to vote for what you want to see!
Tier 1 Poll (Free!)
Tier 2 Poll
Tier 3 Poll
Tier 4 Poll

- Overclock Studios

Here's what the 'REFORGED' artwork looks like.
sp.png

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
A Big Announcement

Hey everyone, this post is a little different from the usual weekly posts, but it's important.
We're making large changes to our patron tiers from now on, because it has been a mess and I feel like we should finally settle on something.

Read more of the announcement here, I feel like a Patreon oriented post doesn't belong here much. Important nonetheless.

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Just a short and simple announcement for v2.2's release!

We're still working hard on the v3.0 update! It's very chunky! So in the meantime, here's a little patch! Featuring some touched up artwork and fresh new dialogue.

There's no new story content yet, this patch is just addressing problems with previous content.

Reactions: Blindwolfgames

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #13

This is a follow up of last week's announcement post. Thanks for all the responses on the survey, they're quite insightful! Some of you wrote really long, well thought out responses! Very appreciated! The survey is still up here. We always need critical feedback!

So what is there to follow up on?
Thanks to the responses on the survey, we've decided to put the Premium Build/ Public Build release plan on hold for now. Depending on how things go after the release of v3.0, we'll make a decision if we should stick with this current plan or the Premium Build/ Public Build release plan.

We will be reverting back to the old method of releasing the game (like how we did with v2.0), with some changes:
1. Beta Testing: Lasts 1 week, available for all patrons.
2. The Release version is out, 3 days after the Beta Test ends.
3. Patrons get early access to the Release version, with their early access timing.
4. Public release is 7 days after Slime tier gets the game.

It's a little messy, but I'll announce the dates for all of them when it's ready.

That's really it for the follow up stuff...!

We're also working on a browser version of the game, as a way for players to demo the game without downloading the entire thing. This'll probably come out pretty soon after we got all the assets optimized for browser streaming.

The poll is almost done! Only a few days left! Vote for what you want to see! We'll be breaking down the results next week.
Tier 1 Poll (Free!)

...That's all for now! Stay safe folks!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #14

Our very first content poll, which lasted for about two weeks, is over! Let's talk about how it went!

Here's the detailed breakdown of the votes and the final result! Very interesting indeed!

community update week 14 2k.png

First of all, having the poll last for longer than a few days worked out pretty well! Most of the votes was in around the second week! We'll probably be sticking with the same duration for the future polls as well!

Next, the weighted vote values seem to have some amount of sway in the final result. No dramatic shifts in the polls due to that because we don't have enough voters on the other tiers and fox got the majority vote on all 4 tiers. Maybe we'll stick with the current values, not sure. Let me know what you think!

Now that's over, lets talk about the results. Fox won on all 4 tiers of the poll. Obviously you can't go wrong with the classics, so fox winning the poll isn't exactly a surprise for us as well.

As of right now, we're all occupied with work for the next update, v3.0. So, this new fox character won't be appearing anytime soon, but we'll be showing off sketches of her when we're done with v3.0 related work!

Something something about v3.0's content. It'll be as long as v1.x and v2.x combined, as well as bringing Chapter 1 to an end. It's a very chunky workload as we have 4 backgrounds, 3 sets of character art and 3 sex scene images (variant nots counted).

Apologies if this feels like we're taking too long, but it's really a heavy workload and we can't really split it up and release em like how we did with v1.x and v2.x (those 2 parts are supposed to be released together at the same time).

Yeah, that's it for today!

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon page! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, here. Let us know what you think!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #15

Hey everyone! No major announcements or things to go over this week but I would like to shed some light on the state of v3's development! In case you're wondering how that's coming along...

community update week 15 2k.png

So what you see in the image is how we organize our work tasks. 'To Be Done' are tasks that haven't been started yet. 'Doing' are tasks that are in progress. 'Checking' are completed tasks in process of being checked and polished up. 'Done' is done, of course.

That means work on v3 is about 65% ish done!

To be frank, I think we've overestimated our abilities (again) for completing this update. The workload is HEAVY and all of us are not (can't) be working on it everyday. So thank you for your patience! We are working on it, just not as quick as we thought we can. :p

Yeah, that's it for today!

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon page! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, here. Let us know what you think!

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #16

Hey everyone!
No major announcements yet! It has been a pretty busy week if I'm being honest!

community update week 16 2k.png

So here's how the progress looks like. I'll say it's about 75% ish done!

Most of the remaining workload is just art related, we're talking our time making sure that it's polished and looks up to par. After the artwork is done, it's just the matter of replacing them with the placeholder images that I'm been using.

Oh yeah! I think the web version of the game will be releasing pretty soon-ish. I still need to optimize the assets a little more for on-demand streaming. Coming with it is a new version of v2 with touched up versions of Olive's scene. Nothing major, just fixing past mistakes. (This won't be a pattern, I promise) The web version of the game will be serving as a demo for people who don't want to download the game, but I won't be spending more time than I already had on it.

Yeah, but that's it for today! Thanks for being patient with us!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #17
Hey! Check it out! We're almost all done with the work for v3.0!

community update week 17 2k.png

Shouldn't be long now until the BETA test starts, I hope! Looking back I feel like most of the workload was at character design, as we're introducing 3 new characters in v3.0. Thankfully all the character assets are reusable, so maybe it's a good idea to have the characters done early on?

Regarding the Web Browser Version of the game, after some intensive testing over the past week internally... I think it has to be shelved for now! Reason for that is that it just loads too slowly to be practical! I can download the whole game in less time than it takes for the game to load on browsers! It's a cool idea to explore but I'll work on it on some other time...

That's it for now! Look forward to the new content!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #18
Hey! It's time for some more news!

community update week 18 2k.png

What is this code revision you're talking about?
Let me explain, early on in the project (way before v1.0 was even out). I thought it was a good idea to implement Discord Rich Presence functionality into the game. The long and short of it is that I've removed it from the latest version of the game, v2.3 and it will be missing from future versions as well.

Why is this a big deal?
The Discord Rich Presence code had some tie-in with the save functionality. So if now in v2.3 you try to load a save game that was made when the DRP is in the game. It would try to load in the variables and stuff that was there before, now missing. TLDR, the save files wouldn't be compatible.

Are my save files gone now?
Yes, but I've created a way for you to recover them almost effortlessly. Requirements are if you have played through the game enough to unlock the codex/gallery functionality. You can then skip through the scenes until you last left off. You cannot skip past scenes you haven't seen before with this method.

To wrap this up...
It was a stupid mistake on my end to allow this DRP feature to be in the game for as long as it did. It was stupid for me to remove it now, but I think it's better to remove it now than to do it later. C: I should probably be careful of what features I fit into the game from now on...

Oh yeah! The new version, v2.3 is available for download now! There's no content updates yet (they're coming with v3.0), so this is more meant for the new players to the game.

That's it for now!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #19

Hey, hello! Hope yall are doing well!

There's nothing much to go over this week other than another update on the development progress on v3.0! I'm definitely getting a little bit stressed as it seems like we've not been putting out updates as fast as we should be.

First off, all the remaining character art, background art required for v3.0 is complete! They're already implemented into the game, since I only need to replace the placeholders to do that.

The remaining work is the sex scene images and once those are done, the BETA test begins!

Oh yeah! Something about last week's v2.3 release, some of you may have experienced errors at a certain point in the game. It's because of a corrupted image file that I've somehow overlooked. All fixed now, it's just a careless mistake I made. Whoops! Sorry if that issue made you redownload the game a few times. :p

That's it for now!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #21

Hello! It is time for another poll! About time, I say!

community update week 21 2k.png

Links to the polls here!
Tier 1 Poll (Free!)
Tier 2 Poll
Tier 3 Poll
Tier 4 Poll

Now, I'm going to explain how we're doing this... Again!

How long do polls last?
The same as last time. About 14 days or 2 weeks! That should be enough time to obtain a nice sample size for the poll!

How are the poll votes calculated?
Each tier of the poll is weighted differently. Tier 1 is the lowest, Tier 4 is the highest. Tier 1's poll is open to the public, so it is free. Tier 2 and above is available, depending on your patron tier.

If I support your highest patron tier, do I get to vote in all 4 Poll Tiers? You get more votes in the poll depending on your supporter tier. So don't forget to vote in all 4 of them, if you are eligible for it!

When are the results of the poll released? We will announce the results on the following Weekly Update News post, as well as a detailed breakdown!

...So when's the next update coming out dood?
We're close to being done. Unfortunately we had to rework an entire piece of artwork from scratch because none of us in the art team noticed that one of the character is drawn disproportionately. Since that artwork is used for the JUICY sex scenes, we can't just ignore the issue.

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #22
Hey! It's been quite the week! ...for me, at least.

community update week 22 2k.png

Yeah. So I ate some food poisoning and it's really bad. Missed out 4 days of work (I work a delivery job) and about as much time working on the game itself. Yeah, work on implementing the stuff in v3 is minimal, to say the least... The other artists are at work on assets for v4 though!

The polls are still going on, links here!
Tier 1 Poll (Free!)
Tier 2 Poll
Tier 3 Poll
Tier 4 Poll

...That's it for now! Eat safe, don't end up like I did!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #23

Hello! Something a little more exciting this week and with the release of v3.0 right at the doorstep...

We're finally doing a community event (or something like that)! Let me explain...

community update week 23 2k.png

What is there to 'win'?
1. Help us find bugs and polish the game (and play v3.0 of the game earlier) by BETA testing! (one week before the game is out of BETA)
2. Get Slime Tier level early access to v3.0 as well! (7 days before the build becomes Public)

Who can participate?
1. You are not currently supporting our Patreon (patrons already have BETA access)
2. You are in the discord server, makes it easier to organize and get feedback.

How do I participate?
1. Be in the discord server. Link here!
2. Sign up by simply leaving a message in the events channel, or just be hang around! (You won't be entered into the event if you don't leave a message in the event's channel or are just inactive in the server, in general)

How are the winners decided?
Winners are picked randomly, by spinning a wheel. 10% (rounded up) of the total participating members are the winners!

The last day for signing up for this event is 27th November! Results will be announced on the day after, probably with a video along with it as well!

Oh yeah! The polls are ending pretty soon, links here!
Tier 1 Poll (Free!)
Tier 2 Poll
Tier 3 Poll
Tier 4 Poll

...See ya on the discord channel!

- Overclock Studios

Last edited:

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #24

Hey! The 2nd poll is over!
Here's a detailed breakdown of the votes and the final result, but first...

community update week 24 2k.png

Recap! If you played the most recent release version (v2.3), there's a church in the city. The church has a bishop (sorta like a leader figure). The bishop will be wearing the same outfit as Nono (the bunny sister from the Church), more or less. Thanks to the first poll, it has been decided that this bishop would be a FOX!

Now, the 2nd poll is to decide on the bishop character's body type and gender!

The winner is... Futanari and with that choice, the choice of body type will be left to the artists. With that, we can finally get started on designing the character! Stay tuned for more details, early sketches for new characters might pop up in the weekly patron-only sneak peek posts!

Announcement for the next upcoming update!
All work for v3.0 has been completed, finally! It's being prepared for BETA testing right now, and should be out in a few days. Just have to check that there's no problematic issues with the new content.

See ya! Stay safe!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Finally v3.0 has started it's BETA testing!

First, I have something I need to address.
'Why do I have access to BETA when I'm only a Slime Tier Patron? I thought it was for Pixie Tier and up?'
It was, I kinda messed up things here on my end. The community event was supposed to involve all of Slime tier as well, but I forgot. So this is my way of making it up for ya.

Next, for the next version update and onwards. We will be getting rid of the BETA testing as a whole! It's a little cumbersome and I don't think we need it. So from v.4 onwards, no more BETA testing, only releases and early access! We're kinda new at this so forgive us for making such stupid choices.

So here's a timeline of how we're going to roll things out!

30th November
Beta of v3.0 Starts

4th of December
Beta of v3.0 Ends, work on fixing bugs start.

7th of December
Release version of v3.0 out!

Dragon, Ogre, Kobold Tier Patrons
Gets access at 7th of December

Goblin Tier Patrons
Gets access at 13th of December

Pixie Tier Patrons
Gets access at 16 of December

Slime Tier Patrons
Gets access at 21th of December

Early Public Release!
25th of December

See ya! Stay safe!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #25

Hey, hows it going?
The beta testing phase for v3.0 is now over! Bug fixing and preparation for the release versions is now underway! It'll be out on the 7th for early access to certain patron tiers.

948696_community_update_week_25_2k.png

This week, I wanna go over a few things (sort of like a postmortem) leading up to the completion of v3.0 as well as some stuff going forward!

First, it took way too damn long for v3.0 to be done. Reason for that is the amount of new assets we have to make for it. I don't think we can do much to make the asset creation process faster, considering each of us can only afford to put in 10-15 hours of work into Tail Saga per week (we're making this at our own free time). Thankfully, all the backgrounds and character sprites are reusable, so as we go further into the story, there's less and less character related asset work to do, hopefully.

Next up, I want to talk about the content for future updates! While Tail Saga is primarily a visual novel with a lewd setting, not every chapter/update/release will have sex scenes in it. We'd like to focus on character interactions and story first (just so happens sometimes the character interactions and story are the sex scenes).

Last point, early on in the v1.0 release days, there was talk about an in-game character profile system, similar to the lore codex that we have now. Using profile system, players can read up on a certain character's information and backstory (once revealed), stuff like that. I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll be able to add it in sometime in the future.

That's it for now! Reminder, early access release dates are listed here!

See ya! Stay safe!

- Overclock Studios

Attachments

• community update week 25 2k.png
    community update week 25 2k.png
    870.1 KB · Views: 1

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #26
Hey hey! It's time for another weekly post!

4Pnly0.png

I don't have much to talk about in regards to the development of the project other than: we are working on the next version already (no breaks for us, as usual)!

However I would like to ask a very simple question to you people out there that has played our game. What would you personally like to see in Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice?

I understand it is a very broad question, but I'm just putting some feelers out for some interesting ideas out there. Besides, I'm very interested to see what you people like/want to see.

That's all for now. See ya! Reminder, early access release dates are listed here!

- Overclock Studios

Attachments

• community update week 26 2k.png
    community update week 26 2k.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 0

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #27

Another weekly post, a little bit chunkier this time! I'll be taking about how we're planning to release Chapter 2 as well as starting talks about something else.

Unlike Chapter 1, which is separated into 3 different releases, we'll be releasing Chapter 2 in 2 parts. However, if we finish making all the required assets in time, we can release the entirety of Chapter 2 as a single chunky update.

community update week 27 2k.png

Now that's done, I want to bring up the talks of *merch*, because I'm been getting a couple of private messages asking about it. Stuff like stickers, mugs, posters, t-shirts, hoodies. Something important to note: merch will come included with the patron tier prices (for example, an ogre tier patron will be entitled to a hoodie or a t-shirt)

A simple yes or no poll here!

We've always felt like our patron tier rewards have been a bit lackluster. Maybe the idea of merch can spice it up a bit? Let us know what you think, what merch are you most interested in?

That's all for now...

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Announcing Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice v3.0 Public Release!

3.0 announcement.png

It's finally out for the public! Thanks for waiting!

What's new in v3.0?
+ This update adds the remaining half of Chapter 1's story to the game! Now Chapter 1 is complete!

We're taking this week off! So no update news for this week! Have a nice weekend with your family everyone!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #28

After a week without a weekly post, WE'RE BACK! With a bunch of stuff to announce!

community update week 28 2k.png

First of all, mobile versions (android only) of Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice is available for download now! All the menus and UI has been adjusted to fit pocket sized screens better. All artwork is unaltered, so it's going to look as good as the artwork on the PC version! I might consider releasing a lite version (with scaled down artwork) for smaller install size, if there's enough demand for it.

Next, let's talk about the merch! As I've covered on the previous posts, these merch will have unique artwork and designs drawn for them. The merch itself will come at no extra cost and will ship globally. To earn the merch, you just have to be a patron supporter of the tier containing the merch for 3 months. Just think of it as paying bit by bit for the merch over the course of 3 months!

Note: You'll get the merch after 3 months, there will be no merch afterwards until the next series of merch gets released.

To start, the first series of merch will be available for 1 year or so, then we will retire those and a brand new set of merch will become available to earn again! Obviously we plan to increase the frequency of merch as well, as we get more demand patron supporters. The end goal is to provide new merch every 3 months, so there's stuff to be had every single season!

So what are the merch items? We're currently designing a t-shirt, a mug and a poster. We're also considering mini-prints (they're like post card sized artwork). Our goal is to provide a merch item for most tiers, and earn more merch the higher your tier is (earn ALL the merch items at the highest tier).

That's all for now...

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Weekly Update News #29

It's another week, time for another weekly post! Only 2 things to go over this week.

community update week 29 2k.png

First, I think having a post like this every week might be a little bit to much. So from next week and onwards, there will be no weekly update news. To cut down on the spam, I'll only do posts like these when it's needed, and I'll post it on the same time as this. The weekly sneakpeak posts on the Patreon page will still continue.

Next up, the merch items! For the first set of merch, we're doing a shirt, mug and poster. We can't reveal the designs yet since all of them only exist in sketch form but we will when the designs are final! We're hoping to launch the merch by next month, so look forward to that announcement!

That's it, until next time!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
Our first wave of exclusive merch is here!

community update week 30 2k.png

Finally! The design work for our merch items is complete!

Let's talk about how you're able to get them!

1. You'll earn the merch just by being a patron supporter of the tier containing the merch for 3 months, in a row. Just think of it as paying bit by bit for the merch over time and it allows time for the item to be made.

2. You'll get the merch delivered to you after the 3 months period. The merch itself will be sent at no extra delivery cost and will ship globally. Make sure to fill out your delivery address in your patreon profile settings!

3. Once you've earned the items. No merch will be sent afterwards until the new merch gets released.

To give everybody plenty of time to get the items, this merch will only be available until January 2022, new items will be available on February 2022.

Obviously we plan to increase the frequency of merch as well, as we get more patron supporters and demand.

If you join the patron supporter tiers now, you'll be able to get the merch by March!

We hope you all love the designs as much as we do, and thanks in advance if you ever decide to support us! Means a lot to us and it helps us get closer to being able to make Tail Saga full time!

You can get a closer look at the items on our page here!

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Jun 17, 2020
I've been told, a large portion of you don't like how the merch is done currently, with the 3 month Patreon tier thing.

The current Patreon merch program will still stay up for the time being, until next year where I will discontinue it.

More importantly...
Merch Store is Up! As of right now the shirt designs are available for order, available in 5 different types and in a lot of different colors! No more waiting for 3 months to get a T-Shirt!
https://teespring.com/stores/tail-saga-merch-store

Buying merch will help support us making the game!

- Overclock Studios