T___h Returns!!? Spoiler???

Tobey Maguire

Mar 10, 2020
So I was just looking through the Wikipedia page of CoC2 and then a little sentence caught my attention.

"Taoth, if he was released in CoC1, will appear to challenge Keros after following Kasyrra between worlds."
:eyepop:
WTF
This shit just gets better and better.
Hopefully Taoth always gets his ass kicked by Keros because it doesn't seem right for Taoth to take over when he already lost his world.
Of course this all depends if this is still planned to be implemented or if its been scrapped
but if it is planned....
:yes:

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
The right person at the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. Keros might already have his hands full with...certain other forces, only to suddenly get blindsided by Taoth, or vice versa. Split attention is a dangerous thing, even for a God.

TheShepard256

It's been planned since pretty much the start of CoC2's development, and is going to happen regardless of what happened in CoC. The original plan included the possibility to side with Taoth against Keros if you didn't pick up the Amulet of Transference, but that's been scrapped since none of the main writers were willing to write it; Bad Ends aside, that means Keros is certainly going to win. One of Taoth's agents is going to be a fox-morph assassin named Raphael, who is based off the thief of the same name in CoC and is intended to parody his stalker-esque nature by
having him attempt to kill Kinu (and her siblings if they exist) and, when he fails, he develops a creepy infatuation-obsession with her.

Reactions: Malidica

Tobey Maguire

Mar 10, 2020
It's been planned since pretty much the start of CoC2's development, and is going to happen regardless of what happened in CoC. The original plan included the possibility to side with Taoth against Keros if you didn't pick up the Amulet of Transference, but that's been scrapped since none of the main writers were willing to write it; Bad Ends aside, that means Keros is certainly going to win. One of Taoth's agents is going to be a fox-morph assassin named Raphael, who is based off the thief of the same name in CoC and is intended to parody his stalker-esque nature by
having him attempt to kill Kinu (and her siblings if they exist) and, when he fails, he develops a creepy infatuation-obsession with her.
Good to know this is happening.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
And by that he shall feel my heavenly wrath of a vengeful father!

Kinu is ultimately a story about growing up and leaving the shadow of your parents, which is why so much of her story is told through her eyes without the involvement of the player character as the champion. It is a story about coming into your own, taking what has been handed down from those before you and passing them down to those who come after. This entire storyline where you as the champion influence her stats, skills and weapon in her childhood eventually comes full circle where she has to fight her own battles and you as the champion are not around to be in the picture all the time.

The champion's detachment in this storyline is deliberate, building up from the very first events where point-of-view swaps happen; at the end of the day, she has to struggle for her own beliefs. As the player, you're able to have agency in directing her; as the champion, much less so.

Tobey Maguire

Mar 10, 2020
Kinu is ultimately a story about growing up and leaving the shadow of your parents, which is why so much of her story is told through her eyes without the involvement of the player character as the champion. It is a story about coming into your own, taking what has been handed down from those before you and passing them down to those who come after. This entire storyline where you as the champion influence her stats, skills and weapon in her childhood eventually comes full circle where she has to fight her own battles and you as the champion are not around to be in the picture all the time.

The champion's detachment in this storyline is deliberate, building up from the very first events where point-of-view swaps happen; at the end of the day, she has to struggle for her own beliefs. As the player, you're able to have agency in directing her; as the champion, much less so.
Damn

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
Fighting her battles for her would invalidate the struggle and determination she displayed to get to her point, is what he's getting at. Sooner or later you've got to let the kids spread their wings and fly. You can't always be there to protect them. And even if you were there to always fight in her stead, what would that make her?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
I have to agree with Ossa on this one. You can't coddle someone forever, how you handle something when no-one else is around to help you shows just what type of person you are.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
What i would like though, is to, after Kinu beats the living hell out of her problems, is for me to be able to hear about her tales later and tell her how proud i am of her. She is a badass floofy-floof who deserves to know this after all.

So yeah, in reiteration, i really like what Tobs is doing here, but i really wish that, when Kinu finally leaves or finishes this journey of growth, that she is able to do that knowing that her parents couldn't be more proud of her.

Jan 16, 2020
when Kinu finally leaves or finishes this journey of growth, that she is able to do that knowing that her parents couldn't be more proud of her.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm intrigued by the idea of the Champion taking a backseat to Kinu's story, and it would be funny to see how the Champion would react when visiting the floof children and Kinu mentions stopping a divine coup d'etat while they were away :p

Reactions: Shura and Violyn

Exrav

Apr 17, 2020
It seems Papa will have a man to murder sometime soon.

• Love

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: Violyn

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Correction: looks like our princess will have a man to murder sometime soon

Edit: i hope she kills him with fire.

• Love

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Tobs and Savin both spend a lot of time in their CoC2 content on what good parenting actually means, and on parent-child relationships. Many of these thoughts come through even without the PC having a child: Garth/Garret, Kas, Alissa, Ryn, Hretha, Rags, even that bitch Evergreen, and this list is not even remotely comprehensive. I don't mean to imply that other authors don't touch on parenting themes, because parents show up all over this game...rather that they seem particularly salient in what Tobs and Savin write.

I think it's lovely, even if it often makes my heart hurt, and I'm glad to see it. It's especially nice that there's something a bit more meaningful in this game than the zomg spawn counter.

It would be great to get some more meme parenting in, though. Some of the Kinu scenes are a really good start, but they currently require a PC with a dick and that ain't always my jam. Really, I think that the game desperately needs Catte Dad. ;)

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
I went to pet Kinu's tails for the first time today (yes i never did it before and i don't know why), and i legit cried. Had to stop playing for the day and curl in bed and cry.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
I went to pet Kinu's tails for the first time today (yes i never did it before and i don't know why), and i legit cried. Had to stop playing for the day and curl in bed and cry.

Only inari will let you pet her tails; only hime will let you pet her face.

If you try to do one with the wrong version of your daughter she will push you away.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Idk, it made SO emotional. I couldn't even play the game anymore lmao, all i managed is to create the narrative in my head, because i couldn't keep with the gameplay with all the emotional charge i had. don't get me wrong i absolutely loved every second of it, but FUCK. I basically spent my entire afternoon developing my champion to be able to deal with everything. To sum it up, in a way, my champion just wants her old Kinu back, but she knows that's an unreasonable thing to think, because her daughter is right there, just grown up, she changed, but it's still her daughter, and she loves her; it doesn't stop the pain though.

I'm considering going solo for a while, without any companions and whatever, while i process things in the game. Btw, i know this isn't the kind of game to feel this emotional towards, but that's how good the story in here is to me.

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
Idk, it made SO emotional. I couldn't even play the game anymore lmao, all i managed is to create the narrative in my head, because i couldn't keep with the gameplay with all the emotional charge i had. don't get me wrong i absolutely loved every second of it, but FUCK. I basically spent my entire afternoon developing my champion to be able to deal with everything. To sum it up, in a way, my champion just wants her old Kinu back, but she knows that's an unreasonable thing to think, because her daughter is right there, just grown up, she changed, but it's still her daughter, and she loves her; it doesn't stop the pain though.

Welcome to parenthood!
The feeling you just described is exactly the feeling you get when you witness your children grow up. Anyone who has raised a child can confirm this to you!
In my case, due to my father being a very poor bastard and an example of male rot (I guarantee that these insults are much heavier in Portuguese) I had to help raise my little sister from birth, so in practice, I am the her father figure! Today she is 10 years old and I already feel a tightness in my heart to see how fast she is growing.
And as has been said here before, Savin seemed to not only have a tendency to write about parenting, but also an undeniable talent for it. I was always thrilled with Helia and our daughter as she grew up!

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Welcome to parenthood!
The feeling you just described is exactly the feeling you get when you witness your children grow up. Anyone who has raised a child can confirm this to you!
In my case, due to my father being a very poor bastard and an example of male rot (I guarantee that these insults are much heavier in Portuguese) I had to help raise my little sister from birth, so in practice, I am the her father figure! Today she is 10 years old and I already feel a tightness in my heart to see how fast she is growing.
And as has been said here before, Savin seemed to not only have a tendency to write about parenting, but also an undeniable talent for it. I was always thrilled with Helia and our daughter as she grew up!

For some reason i can relate to people really easily, even if i've never gone through whatever situation they're going through. My parents used to tell me this a lot as i was growing up, so i ended up knowing the feeling earlier than i should i guess. When that scene happened between my champion and Kinu, it was just so terrifying to be reminded of that feeling again, it brought me to tears.

I've played Fenoxo (CoC and TiTS) and Savin's (CoC, TiTS and CoC II) games for many years now, i know i'm an emotional person and all, but these games have so much amazing content, it's incredible to me. I love these games very dearly and i hope there's a lot more content to come that it'll be just a great ^^