Syri Quest Bug (won't proc)

Discussion in 'TiTS Bug Reports' started by Austin, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Austin

Austin Member

OK, so, this seems to be an issue, and I've scouted around (no pun intended) and I can't seem to find a method that works.
    First, I'm using the version hosted on Fenoxo's site on Chrome.
    I'm max level (currently 10)
    I'm fuck buddies with Syri
    I have Syri's panties
    Burt has told me she left.
    I went to Uveto, went to the lift and...
    Nothin. Just the standard options of travel.

Went back to the bar and Syri was there.

So, I did some poking around (innuendo intended),
    downloaded the sanctioned TiTSED, set SYRIQUEST_STATE to 1,
    *making sure to follow the steps on the guide to the fucking letter cause editing a file is always risky, ​
    went BACK to the bar and talked to Syri, and.....

got the standard dialogue. Her mishap, books, combat engineer. That's it.

If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it. I've been playing TiTS since the level cap was 5, and I've always loved it as both fap material, and as a text-and-turn-based RPG.

2. Austin

Austin Member

Oh, to clarify, yes. I saved the file in the editor, then reloaded the game file in the actual game. When nothing happened, I reloaded the file in the editor, and checked, and yes, SYRIQUEST_STATE is still set to 1.

3. Jacques00

Jacques00 Well-Known Member

It looks like the prerequisites to start with Syri's quest is having Steele be at level 9 or higher, have Syri's panties and be Syri's fuck-buddy (has had sex with her before). From there, Burt will mention Syri having left. After arriving on Uveto, to continue the quest, Steele must go to the Maglev Station (the taxi tile) on Irestead. From there, Steele can choose to start the quest or postpone it for later.

4. Austin

Austin Member

Yeah. I know. As I mentioned, I've been through all of that.
    The issue is Syri isn't at the transit station on Uveto.

But she IS back at Burt's bar. So I used the TiTSED, modified the one spot the troubleshooter told me to modify (SYRIQUEST_STATE 0 to SYRIQUEST_STATE 1), went back to the bar like the guide said, and Syri doesn't say anything other than her normal dialogue. I went back to Uveto after editing the one thing, and she's still not there. And yes, I waited. 5 minutes at a time, for 24 hours. So it's not like I missed her or anything. She's not there. The only thing I can think of is she only appears on certain days. But I don't see anything mentioning that in the notes.

5. Jacques00

What version of the game are you playing?

When Burt tells your character about Syri leaving, the "SYRIQUEST_STATE" flag should have been set to 0, making it possible for the Syri encounter event to trigger at the Maglev Station in Irestead, which will then set the flag to 1 (accepted) or -1 (rejected) depending on your character's choice. Your choice will be reflected in your Codex's log section.

I have tested this in the latest backers release and it works. If you doubt this, please post a copy of your .tits save file.

6. Austin

Austin Member

I'm playing on latest release version, which, again, I already said
    . The one on Fenoxo's site. At least, I assume that's the latest released version. Would be really weird if it wasn't. It's version 0.7.200 And Idk how to get to my save file, I save it locally. I might accidentally delete it when I clean out my computer if I keep a file for a game I play only 3-4 times a month on it.

#6 Austin, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  7. Austin

Austin Member

And remember, I went to Uveto first, before editing my save file, after Burt told me Syri left. (before too, but I don't see how that would fuck up anything). Syri wasn't on Uveto. THEN I editted my save file, and she still wasn't on Uveto, nor did her dialogue in Burt's bar change.

I know she should have been on Uveto, but she wasn't.

8. Austin

Austin Member

Jacques00, I don't mean to sound like a dick, but is there anyone else who can help me? Someone who actually reads what I write instead of making me say it 2-3 times would be nice. This has been going on for a week, and the only "progress" we've made is
    which amounts to "it works for me. So it should work for you. Post your save file if you don't believe me".

Essentially, we've made no progress, and have jumped straight into "I have no fucking clue what's going on, it works for me, so it works all the time" nonsense...

Again, I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I'm really, really pissed off over this. It's been a week, and no progress has been made.

9. MosAnted

MosAnted Well-Known Member

You don't mean to sound like a dick but are acting like one. You were told by a dev that they're unable to reproduce the bug, and asked to post your savefile so they could take a look at it and see what was wrong. If you won't produce a savefile there's no way anyone can help you. End of story.

Krynh and Austin like this.
  10. Austin

Austin Member

I mentioned I don't know how to--wait. I just remembered. "Save as file" post the file. I feel like an idiot. One second.

11. Austin

Austin Member

Here's my TiTS save. I'm sorry for that. I completely forgot "Save as a File" was a thing, even when talking about it. I haven't had much sleep in a while. Insomnia. Not an excuse, just an explanation.

The "asking about stuff I've already mentioned" part still stands, but I am sorry for being an idiot and not posting this sooner. That's 100% on me, insomnia or no.

NOTE: This save file has been edited. SYRIQUEST_STATE has been manually set to 1.

Attached Files:

12. Jacques00

From your save file, your character does not have Syri's panties. Check your character's key item inventory. Prematurely starting Syri's quest will have Syri missing from her revisit location on Uveto.

13. Austin

Austin Member

Really? Hm. Once I get my internet working again (having wifi hotspot issues) I'll look at it. Right now I get about 30 seconds to 5 minutes of internet before the hotspot shits out, and I have to restart it... But I'll look into it, cause I've played the scene where Syri comes to your ship and after the fact gives you her panties, so that's really odd. I'll definitely look into it though.

14. Austin

Austin Member

So, I checked it out, and it looks like it didn't save. I'm still on the slave colony. Which is weird. First time in years it hasn't saved.... Might be my laptop, though, and not the game cause my laptop has been on the fritz lately. I'll get back to Burt's Bar, trigger the scene and update everything after I get her panties. See if I can access the quest then.