Sydian pregnancy?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
On wiki (and github) I see that it says for male (and throbb'd females) that it's possible to be impregnated by a sydian. I tried a few times and have yet to accomplish this. Has anyone been successful?

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I think it takes 9 months to birth so maybe it takes a while for the codex to detect it?

Anyway I don't like that it's labelled as always live birth. If it's not parasitic pregnancy, the type of birth should be decided by the vagina type.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Tried it just now with my 1000% fertility character, it's in. 135 days at an incubation speed of 200%. I'm very VERY happy about this, even if it's gonna take awhile...

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Tried it just now with my 1000% fertility character, it's in. 135 days at an incubation speed of 200%. I'm very VERY happy about this, even if it's gonna take awhile...

135 days at double speed!? Damnit, not gonna do that after the long haul that is getting knocked up by Renvra already, which I thought was long at 60 days.... What is the best way to speed up pregnancies anyway? We're lacking in the Brood-Mother perk from CoC that helped in that game.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
135 days at double speed!? Damnit, not gonna do that after the long haul that is getting knocked up by Renvra already, which I thought was long at 60 days.... What is the best way to speed up pregnancies anyway? We're lacking in the Brood-Mother perk from CoC that helped in that game.

Other than the perk you get in the PC's conceivement intro, nothing, JimT had an idea for a spring that would cut down time but that's going nowhere now. Perhaps some Tamani brand products down the road?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Hm, I had no idea about this. What happens to the offspring, considering the Nursery doesn't exist yet? Is it just collected by a Nursery drone and whisked off into nothingness (presumably to reappear whenever the Nursery is complete)?

Stasis pod, I guess :)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Other than the perk you get in the PC's conceivement intro, nothing, JimT had an idea for a spring that would cut down time but that's going nowhere now. Perhaps some Tamani brand products down the road?

His idea was about making pool somewhere at vanae area that would work as you meantioned. Maybe as it's not as hard as make whole new expansion for milky forest finished in his stead jsut adding this to somewhere existing are...or just add 1-2 more rooms. It would be at least easier tthan finishing this x-pack for milky forest he left behind.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Spam a bunch of Ovilium and small blue eggs while pregnant to speed it up by about 2 hours each dose... I think.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Upon trying both before and after emptying wombs, I got the pregnancy to catch 2nd time when empty but many tries with 2 wombs full isn't catching

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
It most likely has to do with the vagina sizes in that the victory scene will allow choosing the vaginal option, but it always defaults to the one that fits. If it can't find one that fits, it will choose a random one. If your character loses instead, the vagina picked will be completely random. Does this sound like what is happening or are the vaginas not getting impregnated at all?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I honestly have no idea exactly what's going on. I've got third womb open, after emptying first two wombs that's the one that got impregnated. All of them have huge capacity, third and smallest at 3672.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I think that's it right there--cuntThatFits() chooses the smallest vagina that will fit that volume, if I'm not mistaken. So unlike cockThatFits(), which chooses the largest penis that will fit a volume, cuntThatFits() returns the smaller of the ones that fit a penis. So it might be that all your character's vaginas are eligible, it just chooses the smallest one, which happens to be pregnant. I can edit the sydian's check to skip over the pregnant wombs if you like--it might be more useful for characters with multiple vaginas.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I think that's it right there--cuntThatFits() chooses the smallest vagina that will fit that volume, if I'm not mistaken. So unlike cockThatFits(), which chooses the largest penis that will fit a volume, cuntThatFits() returns the smaller of the ones that fit a penis. So it might be that all your character's vaginas are eligible, it just chooses the smallest one, which happens to be pregnant. I can edit the sydian's check to skip over the pregnant wombs if you like--it might be more useful for characters with multiple vaginas.

That may be it if wombs aren't tied to specific vaginas. If they are tied together, then it's my smallest one that's empty, just to be clear.

Last edited by a moderator: