Surrendr (slave sim)

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
I've been working on a little game called Surrendr. In this game, you get to play as a guy (or woman) who gets kidnapped by a sadistic captor (male or female). You have to choose whether to submit to your captor's demands, and their clients, or to resist - which could result in being punished or subjected to bondage...

Themes in-game include non-consent, bondage, pain, exhibitionism, etc. There is currently no gender TF in the game, but it is planned at some point. 

Features:

• Randomly generated captor and client characteristics
  • Play as male or female, with a male or female captor
  • Game themes can be opted in or out of (to varying degrees)
  • Bondage system with gameplay effects depending on items worn
  • Manage gameplay stats (Arousal, Willpower, Submission)
  • Check your appearance
  • Online camming events, prostitution events
  • Simple combat system + restraints can be applied when you are knocked down

Planned development:

• Add custom skin to game
  • Better gameplay for female characters/female captor
  • Add specific slave classes and bad ends based on game themes (sexual experience areas)
  • Add gender transformation content
  • Add win condition
  • Improved home-stage gameplay
  • Implement difficulty levels and re-balancing
  • More content

I'm looking for feedback. In particular:

1. Bugs/issues
2. Whether gating content behind opt-ins is OK at the moment - don't want anyone to have any problems as a result of the content and themes. 

The game is inspired by many others including Trap Quest (by aika), Corruption of Champions (fenoxo) and the Prisoner Mod for CoC (feifongwong), Free Cities (by FC Author), Whoremaker (by Dopefish), Collared Prey Hunting Club (by Logan Scodini), and probably others that I have forgotten to mention.

TFGamesSite entry: http://www.tfgamessite.com/index.php?module=viewgame&id=1049

Download link: (or see attached file)

Version 0.1.0
MEGA.co.nz - https://mega.nz/#!e1MD1Jwa!pk3BTzIFB1RkCz-rCVEUK6fZJD-GTHXhxEtxycwwULM

Version 0.1.2 (hotfix 2)

https://mega.nz/#!zocXxADS!TBny6ayYrBmfHadNZjNI7Q-qMfxVoPHGVWNpMLfNwDc

View attachment Surrendr 0.1.2 2016-10-28.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Very interesting! I couldn't play long, but I gave it a brief run and really enjoyed what I saw. Here's a few bugs, and I'll definitely play some more later, when I have time.

• You agree to let Mistress Celia collar you as his slave.
  • Mistress Celia fucks your butthole hard, shoving his rubber cock in and out and hitting your prostate expertly, increasing your arousal.
  • Mistress Celia enters the basement. "As a reward for your obedience Bee, let me clean you up a bit." Mistress Celia takes a damp cloth and cleans the cum off your body. He then makes you show your gratitude by kissing the head of his cock. (+2 Submission)
  • Mistress Celia enters the basement. "Time for you to service some of my clients, Bee." Mistress Celia drags you out of the basement. He checks your restraints and removes some items to ensure that you are able to at least present your boi-hole and your mouth.
  • Game-breaker: When Mistress Celia put me in the bedroom to service some clients, I couldn't do anything except check my appearance. I had on a thick metal collar, metal handcuffs, leather anklecuffs, and a steel chastity cage. Something in every slot that would otherwise allow an option, I assume.

Otherwise, extremely promising! I love all of the games (and mods) you're drawing inspiration from, and I eagerly look forward to seeing more.

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
Very interesting! I couldn't play long, but I gave it a brief run and really enjoyed what I saw. Here's a few bugs, and I'll definitely play some more later, when I have time.

• You agree to let Mistress Celia collar you as his slave.
  • Mistress Celia fucks your butthole hard, shoving his rubber cock in and out and hitting your prostate expertly, increasing your arousal.
  • Mistress Celia enters the basement. "As a reward for your obedience Bee, let me clean you up a bit." Mistress Celia takes a damp cloth and cleans the cum off your body. He then makes you show your gratitude by kissing the head of his cock. (+2 Submission)
  • Mistress Celia enters the basement. "Time for you to service some of my clients, Bee." Mistress Celia drags you out of the basement. He checks your restraints and removes some items to ensure that you are able to at least present your boi-hole and your mouth.
  • Game-breaker: When Mistress Celia put me in the bedroom to service some clients, I couldn't do anything except check my appearance. I had on a thick metal collar, metal handcuffs, leather anklecuffs, and a steel chastity cage. Something in every slot that would otherwise allow an option, I assume.

Otherwise, extremely promising! I love all of the games (and mods) you're drawing inspiration from, and I eagerly look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for catching these! For now, you can use the back button to cheat and avoid getting the service event. I'll see if I can upload a hotfix on the weekend.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I'm not really into non-consent, bondage, pain or exhibitionism, yet I decided to give it a try nonetheless. And I liked it.

I found a bug: every time I try to masturbate as a female, the game assumes my character has a penis. Similarly, there's this "how much you want me to lock your dick away forever" line alongside the likes of "You can't reach your dick with your hands!". Not that I dislike playing as a herm, mind you. I guess I ended up with that because I kept on saying I do not want my character to do aything with anal. The clients want to fuck her ass, the master/mistress wants to fuck her ass... and refusing every question triggered that game-breaker bug Bronzechair typed about.

I managed to defeat a master in a fight and I couldn't find the key anywhere. Though I suspect this was not a bug...

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Okay, I had some more time to play around. Here are my findings.

Typos/Minor:

• Female captors stroke their own cock when they force you to masturbate (both performing and submitting).
  • When being returned to your cell after being in a special bondage position, female captors will have an unnecessarily capitalized pronoun: "At least She leaves your arms and legs free."
  • Struggling while not restrained still mentions trying to break free of your restraints. Unless it's referring to the locked door, you may want to change that text.
  • Female clients and captors, and female characters all cum and coat themselves in cum as males do.
  • The permanent chastity cage doesn't appear in the text description for female characters, even after the event (which, as noted above, uses the male scene and is a cage rather than a belt).
  • When your arms/hands are bound you can exercise just your legs, but it still gives you the full +2 Body. Maybe a bug, maybe not, I figured it was worth mentioning.

Scenes that use male pronouns with a female captor:

• Dragged out to service clients
  • Duct tape gag (sentence also reads like the tape is being inserted into your head)
  • Leather glove handjob
  • Refusing anal
  • Permanent chastity cage

Bugs:

• I believe that using the back button (including the one when checking your appearance) breaks the game by teleporting you around and advancing some variables but not others, so fair warning to anyone using it to test or cheat. I would guess this is an issue inherent to Twine games, but I haven't played any other than FC for more than a few minutes, so perhaps someone more experienced could shine light on this.
  • If you're taken back to the cell from the bedroom and check your appearance, you'll be back in the bedroom again after hitting Back.
  • Webcam shows still appear when Exhibitionism is disabled.
  • If you're tied up by your captor in battle, the restraints will be gone if you win the fight and encounter a client.
  • Fights sometimes hang with no clickable options. No idea what causes this.
  • You're given male clients even if you disable M/M as a male character. Likewise with female characters.
  • Disabling M/M content still allows you to choose a male master and see M/M scenes with them. Likewise with female characters. Not a problem if the player doesn't make it one, but I mention it for QA purposes.
  • Female characters have no passage when trying to fuck their pussy with a dildo or sound-sensitive vibrator for a webcam show. They also have the Jerk Off option there.
  • I think the bug that prevents you from doing anything in the bedroom is actually caused by being pulled from a special bondage position. Normal restraints seem to be removed as they should be.
  • UNVERIFIED: I think (not positive because I get pretty click-happy) was once able to exercise multiple times a day, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. This one might be related to using the back button.
  • UNVERIFIED: The game says your captor steps into the basement when they're retrieving you from webcam duty.

Other:

• I like the combat system. Are there plans to expand that into something more detailed?
  • Is there actually a key to find?
  • I couldn't help but notice I went the entire game without eating or drinking anything of any nutritional value. Since this is something of a survival situation, are there plans to include food/drink resources to manage? It seems like your time is mostly free right now once you get your exercising done with.
  • You mention that TF content isn't ready yet, but what about watersports, tattoos, and piercings? I can't seem to find any content relating to those.
  • Can you actually break free from restraints? It looks like you need a full 20 Body, if it's at all possible.

ENDING SPOILERS:
The ending in which the captor is arrested (but your submissiveness is high enough that you convince the police it was all consensual) uses male pronouns even with a female captor. I was also given this ending despite having only 9 submissiveness. Furthermore it occurred at day 26. I suspect the latter two might have come from cheating with the back-button still counting towards rescue progress, because I had 100 submissiveness from repeatably fighting my captor and wanted to drag it down to see the low-submissive ending.

Miscellaneous Forum Viewer

Apr 6, 2016
The game has a lot of potential for the sort that enjoys playing a sub. I personally don't and likely won't play it further unless a sort of turnabout thing is implemented. But don't let that dissuade you, I'm always in favor of more options for folks even if I personally won't enjoy them so I encourage you to continue.

I did give it a shot though, certainly not my fetish, but I think it will appeal to a certain audience.

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
Thanks for the feedback and bug reports. I'll need to overhaul the gender and content gating mechanics before posting a fix. 

@art926 Yes, unless you reached the end of the current slave progression pathway. It's a random event - however I may need to check the gating is working properly.

@Miscellaneous Forum Viewer - A turnabout scenario is possible but is low priority as it would require a rework of many existing mechanics. The intention is to allow the player to build a cell in their home before confronting their captor later on.

@Bronzechair thanks for the detailed reports! In hindsight I was a bit hasty in releasing this version. As to some of your questions: 

* Combat system once fixed is a low priority. I haven't decided whether or how to expand it. Would an arousal based win/loss system similar to CoC be appealing?

* There should be a key to find if you have searched all the rooms, but maybe I need to check that mechanic is working as intended.

* A food mechanic has been considered similar to the CoC Prisoner mod - I think I have to add it to support some other plans I have for TF content.

* Watersports, tattoos and piercings aren't in the game yet.

* You cannot break free of metal restraints like handcuffs, or any restraints that bind your arms and hands. However you can remove some restraints from your character outside of this. I will add a stat check that lets your character sometimes break out of handcuffs, I think.

*Re: the ending, I'll need to look into it. It will change later though to be based on slave class progression.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
* Combat system once fixed is a low priority. I haven't decided whether or how to expand it. Would an arousal based win/loss system similar to CoC be appealing?

Maybe. The characters currently in the game are mostly blank slates and the writing seems to largely be placeholder, so it's difficult for me to say what would be appropriate for the game's intended tone, as I don't want to push for something that doesn't fit your vision. If it's all the same to you, I do personally very much enjoy battlefuck games/mechanics, but I understand combat isn't the focal point here.

Additionally, thematics aside, combat is currently a very unattractive from a gameplay perspective because A) you risk heavy bondage (currently only with blindfolds/hoods, since gags don't seem to do anything and point B) during the first fight, B) you get nailed with bound hands and feet if you get recaptured, C) you can't actually escape, so there's no benefit to fighting. Once you implement some form of reward to balance these risks it may be worth expanding on, but at the moment it's not a significant gameplay element. Don't burn yourself out working on underused elements.

That's the whether. The how can be as simple as refluffing punch/kick/trip as sexual attacks or as complicated as a detailed position system with a variety of techniques, each with their own effects. Maybe a level of complexity somewhere between. Maybe a healthy mix of violence and sex. Maybe you prefer flavor over crunch and there's no difference between a punch and a slap (or a kiss and a fondle) other than personal preference. Maybe the fetishes the player has been trained to enjoy can be used against them in combat. There are a lot of possibilities. I'd like to offer research material, but most battlefuck games in English are barely developed and only offer a glimpse of potential so I can't recommend anything you aren't already familiar with. Whatever the case, I won't linger on the subject, since again, it's not the focus of the game.

I spent a lot of time looking for the key but never found it. I quickly realized that using the back button to test it was unreliable so I tried it across a few separate fights. The first time I was able to choose rooms to search I noticed a mysterious line break between the last two options, and the only change was that line break disappearing after a subsequent escape attempt.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I'll keep an eye on this one.  Good work!

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
2016-10-28 hotfix added

• Fixes various gender description issues that have been notified to me. I haven't caught them all yet - just wanted to fix the more obvious ones to make playtesting less frustrating for players seeing female content.
  • Changed client gender selection mechanic.
  • Struggling now has a chance to remove hand or arm restraints (based on Player Body stat), and if successful, non-metal restraints will also be removed (as before). You cannot remove hand/arm restraints if both your hands and arms are bound.
  • Key generation mechanic should now be working properly, so you can escape after winning combat.
  • Difficulty levels now increase/decrease Reward and Punish hidden stats at end of day. This should make the game slightly less punishing.
  • Client service main scene should no longer leave you with no options.
  • Waiting increases your Willpower by 5.
  • V0.1.2: 'unable to select captor gender at start' bug fixed
  • Other fixes.

Known issues in V0.1.2:

• No default captor selected by game if you have excluded choice of male captors - you'll need to click one of the female captors before continuing. This has been fixed for the next version.
  • Assfuck scenes for female PC still play as if you are male - should be fully fixed in next version

Download link: 

Version 0.1.2 (hotfix 2)

https://mega.nz/#!zocXxADS!TBny6ayYrBmfHadNZjNI7Q-qMfxVoPHGVWNpMLfNwDc

View attachment Surrendr 0.1.2 2016-10-28.html

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I actually passed this over initially because the subject sounded like it was a game all about male/male sexual content.  Having now looked at the thread I saw that wasn't the case and 'm going to take a look at it.  However that's something you really want to be careful about not sending the wrong message.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Report:

-"he says. "I want to watch you jerk that cock of yours until you cum."" - Wrong gender pronoun.

-"You tease your cock with your tongue, wishing you were sucking Mistress Keisha's cock instead of your own." - The intro assumes your captor is male and the scene assumes that your captor has a cock.

-Combat annoyingly doesn't really tell you want your current health is.

-Issue with anal masturbation if too low of arousal, second continue option will not change your stats:

Code:
You position yourself over the rubber dildo that Mistress Keisha gave you and start to lower yourself onto it repeatedly, letting the dildo penetrate your asshole. 

Groaning loudly in pleasure, you shoot a load of cum onto the floor in front of you.

Continue
You aren't aroused enough to cum yet, though.

Continue

Master

May 23, 2016
Got a bug:

You agree to let Mistress Jamie lock away your hardening fuckstick in permanent chastity. Mistress Jamie produces a Error: child tag <<else>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>>Error: child tag <</if>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>>and proceeds to lock it onto your hardening fuckstick. He then fills the lock with glue, covering all the movable parts, to ensure it can't be opened. You shudder as you realise you will never get to play with your fuckstick again. "Good choice, slave," Mistress Jamie says. "Now, you're completely mine." (+30 Reward, +10 Submission, +1 Slave Level)

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
I actually passed this over initially because the subject sounded like it was a game all about male/male sexual content.  Having now looked at the thread I saw that wasn't the case and 'm going to take a look at it.  However that's something you really want to be careful about not sending the wrong message.

Thanks. I titled it that way because I knew there was a gap in the 'market' for an M/M Msub game, but you're right. Thread title has been changed.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
  • There is a malformed tag when you escape. It says "You'll probably bump into $him2 again before long if you continue to use the Surrendr app and stake out the usual bars and clubs." Interestingly, it said "him" (female captor) the second time I escaped.
  • I escaped, went on a date that returned me to the dungeon, and decided to fight my captor when she asked me to put on the collar, but then I fought a male client instead of her.
  • After escaping, your date will mention they recognize you were servicing them regardless of if your progression went far enough that you actually started servicing clients or not. It's placeholder text, but probably worth mentioning.
  • It's possible for the key to not be generated in any of the rooms after successfully beating up your captor. It seems to happen more often than not, though most of my testing was attempting to fight my captor at their first appearance, where it seems to happen less often if you fight them later on in your slave progression.
  • Sometimes the study isn't available to search after beating up your captor.
  • Penis gag scene has a male pronoun for female captors.
  • There are two continue buttons when waiting in the basement.
  • The wait button is missing from combat.
  • Night of day X goes into night of day Y which then goes into late morning upon starting a new day. Might be intentional, might not be. I dunno.
  • Sometimes it displays the text twice when attempting to trip your opponent in combat. Seems to mostly happen when you do 0 damage, though I also once had it happen where it said I dealt "legs" damage instead of a number, and the fight would hang after.
  • Escaping after accepting the collar (and presumably the chastity cage) will permanently remove it from the game, as your restraints are all removed after you escape, and they don't come back after being returned to your captor.
  • Escaping seems to disable the possibility of being rescued.
  • Disabling M/M, F/F, and M/F content will see your captor be a male known as "$CaptorName".

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
@Bronzechair I've fixed all the above bugs for the next version. However, I'm going to hold off on releasing the next version until I've had a chance to go through the existing engine and make wider improvements to it. The last few points about escaping can't be changed until I've done that.

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
First of all: This looks really interesting, especially because it allows for the M/M choice with the player being Msub. Awesome! Thats something really missing around. Great to see a game that allows you to play this way. Also very good choices all around, including the ability to name your captor. Thats a big bonus B| . So far I only gave it a go one time and found it surprisingly far advanced for an early version. From what I have read there seem to be a escape/get re-captured option that has as of yet eluded me. Looking forward to see me more content added in the future. For now it seems to be stuck on a loop between cam-performance and service clients but maybe there is some progression afterwards that I did not play long enough to see.

There should be a higher submission-drop from struggling, though. Once you are 100 submission you are pretty much stuck on it, it feels. Higher drops would allow for more resistance and more punishment options. The chasitiy belt should at some point be removable if you behave well enough; or not, thats pretty much not that important but maybe you want to consider making it a choice at the start whether its going to be totally permanent or somehow removeable. Not sure about Hunger is needed, maybe also a thing to be optional at some point.

Slave progression was rather fast as a whole. Maybe consider to make it slower between the individual levels to experience some difference between being at Level 2 or 3.

Encountered that "child tag" bug already mentions as well. But on a whole its very interesting and entertaining and has an insame amount of room to expand with different kinks and punishments. That is, I the player can have enough resistance opportunity to encounter them :D

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I actually find chastity to be a big turn off, so it's a bit unfortunate that's an unavoidable part of the game at high submission.  I'd like to suggest changing the way slave levels work from a fixed set to a random one that's also tied to the choices you make at the start of the game for content.  Periodically your captor will make a randomly chosen valid demand from the list (first one is always master/mistress), adding to the sense of helplessness but also giving creating situations where your captor might decide that you need to be forced into something due to high punishment or that maybe wearing a collar isn't as bad as being tattooed.  Here's some random ideas for slave level items:

• Call captor master/mistress
  • Wear collar
  • Service clients
  • Perform on camera (exhibitionism)
  • Perform on regular live streams (exhibitionism)
  • Perform for clients (exhibitionism)
  • Constantly wear a mask attached to your collar which blinds you, mouth and nose are still exposed (bondage)
  • Be locked up in chastity (either chastity or bondage)
  • Be attached to an electroshocker to be punished when needed or by sadistic clients (pain)
  • Collar is given spikes, hurting you when it is moved (pain)
  • Dildo is replaced by one that is much bigger (pain)
  • Serve as your captor's toilet from now on (watersports)
  • Get a tattoo on your ass with your captor's name on it (tattoos)
  • Get shaming tattoos around your body, like insert balls here, sluthole, etc. (tattoos)
  • Get nipple rings and a chain between them (piercings)
  • Get a bunch of additions to your genitals, like a Jacob's Ladder or a bunch of labia rings along with a stud on the clit. (piercings)

I hope that at some point there will be scenes as a male with a female captor or clients where you either perform cunnilingus or are ridden by them cowgirl / reverse cowgirl.  Performing cunnilingus would make sense for any female captor/client.

EDIT: Masochism is receiving pain, sadism is giving it.

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
@TheDarkMaster

Very interesting suggestions, I second almost all of them. Chasity belt is kind of a downer right now because it appears to be pretty permanent and I agree to for it to be chooseable. Maybe its kind of a kink for the creater, though it may not be removed alltogether, but it should be optional about its permancey.

At some point bondage/pain experience should be a reward for good behaviour at streams/cam/service clients etc. Or, as a punishment to break the PCs resistance. But, again, there should be some place to be resistant along down the line and not just the start of the slave experience..

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
@TDM Actually I did have in mind a set of different slave progression pathways tied to content choices. Thanks for the list of suggestions. I will also make chastity and its permanence optional.

BCRoxx

Nov 11, 2015
Great potential for this! It's not unlike something I was tooling around with in Twine, but mine was in a fantasy setting and more narrative-based. It's good seeing more player-as-submissive content!

Although, a thought or more from my part...

The big one is, there doesn't seem to be a clothing mechanic and the description doesn't include any idea what the PC is wearing. I'm assuming given the game's content the PC is naked, but that could use a little clarification. :)  But on the other hand, a clothing mechanic would be very much welcome, including the option to wear clothes or not depending upon what the captor allows.

Being forced to go nude would be a good punishment, so long as there's an option for the character to either mentally resist their nudity, accept it, or even embrace it, even later in the game when it comes to players wanting to exert one kink/fetish over another. Resisting it could cost willpower (from being cold and exposed) but drain submission and raise humiliation (more on that in a sec), accepting it could be willpower-neutral but raise humiliation and submission, and embracing it could raise willpower but massively increase submission and exhibitionism.

The player's opinion of nudity could be easily coded, by considering it different clothing states with stat ramifications, but the same impact on gameplay and narrative. Or, a conditional which comes into play if the character's clothing state is nude.

Likewise, the captor could provide a range of erotic, fetish, humiliating, or sexual clothing which the character could choose to wear or not, with willpower-, arousal-, and submission-gating (and ramifications on punishment/reward) if ordered to wear them opposed to being given a choice. This is where chastity could also come into play, by including a number of chastity belts which include vaginal or anal dildos, vibrators, and the like, shaping the PC as the captor "sees fit".

[EDIT: PC hygiene needs to play a role in willpower, submission, and fetish stats as well. Being covered in cum, or I'm sure later once the content is added piss, especially for protracted periods of time, should have major ramifications for the character's mental state. That would also add the potential for a "bound bukkake" punishment, too!

A catch-all hygiene stat would be nice, too. PC's are going to work up sweats and get dirty from fighting, fucking, performing on webcam, and all sorts of other things to be added in the future, and likewise their hygiene level should impact the PC's mental state and attractiveness. Which means baths or rinse-offs would become a valued reward to prevent long-term slave progression, even if it comes with a short-term submissiveness hike.

And, I recognize this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but there's huge potential for fetish crossover material here. Like for example, giving PC's the option to wash off cum with their own piss, or the captor instead of wiping cum away with a rag giving them a golden shower, trading one form of humiliation for another but with no actual hygienic improvement. Or even the PC covering themselves with their own piss to put their own hygiene -- and attractiveness level -- in the toilet (pun intended) as a form of resistance against their captivity.

And, of course, if there's going to be a hunger/thirst mechanic, allowing PC's to wash themselves with their own drinking water, drink their own piss to stave off thirst, and the like.]

Last in terms of character appearance, on top of tattoos and piercings (which would be awesome!), and what I'm sure would be hormonal treatments to change physical attributes on top of M<->F transformation, it would be nice to see the captor deciding player hair color and style, makeup, and even body/pubic hair.

Now, my second point...humiliation isn't the same as exhibitionism (to a certain extent they're opposite sides of the same coin). :)  Humiliation doesn't necessarily involve exposure, and exposure doesn't involve humiliation. It'd be better to separate the two and give them individual stats, with appropriate content and stat influences. Although I will grant, when it comes to events which involve the exposure of the PC or engaging in sex acts in front of others, that will largely depend on the PC's mental state and an element of choice as to how they view acts -- just as my nudity suggestion, in many cases there would well be an option which allows the player to leverage willpower and submission as they mentally resist the act (humiliation) or embrace it (exhibitionism).

Outdoor or straight-up public sex acts would be a great way to manifest this...just saying. ;)

Building on that, my third point...the player needs more options to build, conserve, and leverage willpower and submission. I think there should be an option beyond "perform" for most acts, "embrace" or "indulge" which allows the player to gain willpower (maybe gate this behind slave level for certain, or most, acts) for throwing themselves completely into the given act in exchange for greater submission/reward. This would allow the player more leeway to resist some or more of their captor's demands, and shape themselves as a slave, even subverting their captor's desires for the slave which could impact ending(s).

And, willpower shouldn't just be for resisting acts...it would need a mid- and late-game use as well, especially when it comes to later influencing the slave class the PC may become. Which, in turn, incentivizes continuing to indulge oneself in acts demanded of the PC. Because, I can already tell in higher slave levels the PC will end up with excess willpower, but is too submissive or aroused to resist an act despite it, and it's a waste at that point.

This could work well allowing PC's to beg their captor for given or different events (for instance, being the subject of a gang bang instead of working as a cam whore), body modifications or clothing, hormonal treatments, receiving bondage or pain, sexual release, or servicing their captor. Leveraged against reward level, of course. This way, willpower has a use later, and at that point is inverted from a mechanic to resist breakage to a reward mechanic for being a good and obedient slave.

Which is kind of the heart of what a game like this would do well to be, moving into my fourth part...the player needs to be given "lose-lose" choices, which requires them to play carefully, think about what they're doing and their kinks, and leverage their meager mental resources carefully lest they become a completely mind broken sex slave. Depending on stats like reward/punishment and the strictness of their captor, and slave level/class, things like "accept a genital piercing now, or eat only smoothies for a week dispensed by a dildo-straw". The former increases submission and libido/arousal, but the latter erodes willpower, and increases humiliation and oral sex...it's a lose-lose and strategic choice, since the former increases slave progression but preserves the player's ability to determine what type of slave the player will be by conserving willpower, but the latter limits the player's options with regards to what fetishes they can resist and exposes them to later shenanigans by their captor (including, potentially, being forced to accept the piercing later anyways).

And, last, the captor(s) would do very well to have different goals and objectives. The "inexperienced dom" should just be happy having a perfectly submissive slave; the "moderately-experienced dom" should have a distinct slave class in mind and work towards making the PC that class; the "experienced dom" should want a perfectly-broken sex slave who can and will do anything. For this, a hidden attribute, "desired slave class" would be necessary, which would weight events accordingly (the inexperienced dom would prioritize events which increase submission the most, the mid-dom would prioritize events featuring given fetishes, the experienced dom would prioritize the player's least-developed statistic*). This way, the player could figure out based upon the captor's choices what they want the PC to do, and work to resist, subvert, or even embrace their captor's vision for the character. Which could have interesting implications for the game's ending(s).

[* Why the least-developed statistic? It simulates the captor experimenting with the slave initially, figuring out over time what the slave wants, and more importantly doesn't want, to do, and targeting that to break them, i.e. force them to expend precious willpower to increase submission in the long term which will eventually make them pliable to the captor's demands.]

[EDIT: Non-sexual events would also be a good addition. Making the PC clean the captor's home, serve refreshment at parties, see to the captor's health and beauty needs, being made to exercise to improve their appearance, provide non-sexual companionship to clients, and the like would be a good way, especially early on, to erode willpower and increase submission, and provide reward, to PC's without jumping straight into sexual acts, or straight-up mind-breaking. Especially for the easier-going captors.]

Just a few suggestions and comments. Keep up the great work! :)

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
Lots of good ideas here. I am mindful that this is my first game, actually (although I have done some tinkering in Twine before), so I don't want to over-promise and under-deliver. 

Several people have requested that they would like to have the player choose to get more punishment, rather than less, but this actually goes against the 'straightforward' approach to gameplay, where it's about resisting as far as possible. Maybe, to allow for these opposite tendencies, the captor could at high reward levels (and high slave progression levels) offer a player a choice between two (or more) events, all of which would normally be punishments (e.g. bondage vs servicing clients), and deduct willpower for choosing the less strenuous punishment. That would also provide opportunities to spend willpower. This would also reduce the need to re-design the current stat system to accommodate players who want to be punished more than they otherwise would. Thoughts? 

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Having some options when leveraging rewards might be good too.  Like letting you request perks such as a mattress to sleep on for better resting or not refereed to as slave for daily submission reduction.  Another example could be pleading with your captor to not do something for slave level training to avoid them when at high submission/low willpower or to avoid punishment points.  Then you have good reason to want to stack up as much reward points as possible.  

With people who want more punishments, I think what's needed is for there to be ways to more effectively play as a belligerent slave.  You either need to be broken down slower by refusing to do anything or have better ways to build up your willpower so you can just grit your teeth and bear it.

One thing that would be nice to see less of is getting random unavoidable punishment points.  I've had an event that's come up a few times where my captor jerked me off with a glove but since I wasn't aroused enough to cum I gained +20 punishment.

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
Choosing between either being subjected to bondage or service clients/perform on web-show sounds like a decent idea. There will just be those players around who like being punished in this kind of game; you should be aware of that ;).

Again, I can agree with TDM about being able to conserve/built up more willpower to be able to more defiant towards the captor. Some events just take to much of a willpower drain (although I can understand how they might) with up to -50 to willpower and an immediate event following up that advances you to the next slave level without a chance to built up new willpower to refuse in between. I dont feel being labeled as "defiant" with submission score below 30 should qualify as being "to submissive" to refuse the captors demand, especially if it is about an advancement in the slave level. You may be to horny to refuse a demand about sucking your own dick or likewise but it should not happen if its about reaching the next slave level.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Choosing between either being subjected to bondage or service clients/perform on web-show sounds like a decent idea. There will just be those players around who like being punished in this kind of game; you should be aware of that ;).

Again, I can agree with TDM about being able to conserve/built up more willpower to be able to more defiant towards the captor. Some events just take to much of a willpower drain (although I can understand how they might) with up to -50 to willpower and an immediate event following up that advances you to the next slave level without a chance to built up new willpower to refuse in between. I dont feel being labeled as "defiant" with submission score below 30 should qualify as being "to submissive" to refuse the captors demand, especially if it is about an advancement in the slave level. You may be to horny to refuse a demand about sucking your own dick or likewise but it should not happen if its about reaching the next slave level.

I think the way submission works with slave levels is based on thresholds.  If you're above 20, then you can't refuse the first level.  Above 40 submission you can't refuse the second level, etc.  The name sort of suggests it's something else than it actually is.

BCRoxx

Nov 11, 2015
I have a lot to throw in here in response to other comments, too...

@ataraxia It being your first game and all, we completely understand. :) At least for my part, I've tried making a game in Twine before, don't have the coding knowledge to do with the engine what I'd like to do, and just don't have the time to sit down and learn it. So, props to you for getting this off the ground where I certainly couldn't!

That said, I do believe what folks are looking for is more opportunity to play belligerently and out-and-out defiantly, with heightened consequences for deciding to do so. For my part, I'd suggest in addition to that adding a mental "cat-and-mouse" aspect involving more strategic aspects of play, representing the PC being locked in a mental struggle with their captor. Outright refusing to obey isn't the only way to outwit someone -- subverting them, or even growing to top from the bottom, should be in play as well. The PC should have room to grow to eventually manipulate their captor, and perhaps gain a sense of freedom that way...emphasis on "a sense of". ;)

Now, I don't think the options during play should be presented as your captor coming to you, saying "you can do this...or this". That's not restrictive enough to really provide the atmosphere the player is a captive being mentally broken. The captor should act more like "you're going to do this...oh, you refused? Well, let's have you do this instead!". This way, the player doesn't know what happens if they refuse, and could be very well setting themselves up for utter failure, or sticking their ass straight in the frying pan. The idea is to make the players second-guess their own choices, and consider submitting to the first order out of concern the ramifications would be worse.

And, likewise, there needs to be more carrot. Like, the captor coming to you and saying something like, "oh, slave...if you drink this sherry glass full of cum, I'll let you have a nice, hot shower all to yourself...". Especially early on during the initial "mind breaking" process, players need to have incentive to not just resist all the time, until they're finally sapped of willpower or maxed out on arousal. That choice to slowly damn oneself to slavery in exchange for minor concessions that provide immediate benefit, in hopes of leveraging those immediate benefits later against "bigger problems", strikes me as something that would be a key aspect of play. Like this,

Some events just take to much of a willpower drain (although I can understand how they might) with up to -50 to willpower and an immediate event following up that advances you to the next slave level without a chance to built up new willpower to refuse in between.

Great, I just edited out a huge part of my post trying to fix editing. So, short version:

I actually like that, and here's why.

This is an actual psychological compliance technique, and is used in negotiations everywhere, from business, to interpersonal, to political. It's the "door in the face technique" opposed to the "foot in the door technique" which is what I've been mildly advocating so far. It's where a major request is made, in order to make a later (desired) request seem more reasonable by comparison, and likely to be accepted.

Basically, it simulates this: the captor wants the PC to submit to, say, wearing the collar. So, the lead-up is requesting the PC to whore themselves out for their captor, which the captor knows will be rejected out of hand. But, by making that request first, wearing the collar will seem a more reasonable concession to ask by comparison, and it's more likely the PC will accept it. But, by accepting it then, the captor knows the PC will end up habituated to obedience in the long run, and will eventually submit to being whored out anyways.

Whether or not it's a fun game play mechanic is up for debate (I think it is). But, it is realistic, and contextually consistent.