Succuquest

ChangerGames

Jun 8, 2020
lvYEDfE.png

Hello,

I’m Changer, a small indie NSFW game dev – the guy who made Spiral Clicker, Adventure High and Mind Conquest. I’ve made the alpha for a new game called Succuquest where you play as a succubus who’s decided to become a hero in order to find and hook up with other heroes.

I’m currently in the process of both seeking additional funding to help with the game’s asset creation costs as well as taking in feedback about the alpha.

You can download the alpha demo here: https://hypnochanger.itch.io/succuquest

The V0.02 release, the first release since the concept demo is coming out soon. If you would like to play it early, it's available for $1.00 tier patrons here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/succuquest-0-02-52782318

The free public release will be on the 30th of this month; June 2021.

Here are some images to give you an idea of what you can expect from the game:
Screen5.png

Screen8.png
wZdOYbP.png

DOYv8k4.png

Thanks for taking the time to check this post (any possibly my new game) out,

Changer

Last edited:
Reactions: aattss

Colourless

Aug 29, 2015
Pretty short demo, but enough to get a feel for the gameplay I guess. Doesn't actually have any lewd content which really should always be there so players know what they can expect on that front.

Gameplay is pretty uninteresting so far; there's only one basic attack and a dash for combat options and it all feels pretty slow. Fighting the bandits isn't too bad but the slimes taking four hits to take out takes too long when you spend more time standing there waiting for the "attack" button to respond again. I'd recommend to speed up the whole thing and add some other attack options like attacking upwards, downwards while in midair etc. Also ducking, the character needs to be able to duck - having to jump over it when enemies shoot at your head just feels awkward. The stage itself is pretty boring to move through.
The boss fight at the end feels fine for an introductory boss but would probably benefit from faster gameplay. He himself doesn't need to be faster, but giving the player more mobility to move around him should make the fight more enganging than just "double-jump over him, whackwhack, repeat"
Keyboard controls are awkward on a QWERTZ keyboard since the left hand buttons are all over the place. Also Up doesn't let you jump as high as X, I'd assume that's unintended.

graphics-wise - the aree feels very generic and I'm pretty sure I've seen that particular earth and grass tileset in about half a dozen of these sorts of games. The two character sprites so far look nice and communicate what you're looking at well enough.

ChangerGames

Jun 8, 2020
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I would like to have the lewd CGs in the actual demo; but they occur after the princess is rescued and I don't have the boss bandit's animations ready yet. I've been commissioning art assets as quickly as I can for my budget.

I will work on trying to smooth out slow spots. For the controls, I am not familiar with the qwertz keyboard layout. If you have a gamepad, you can use that though instead. I have an option in the pause menu to rebind the gamepad controls to your liking. Rebinding keyboard controls is, for some reason, much more complicated so I haven't finished coding it yet.

The earth/grass tileset is original. Though, it may appear familiar since there are only so many possible ways to make green grass and brown dirt look. I will ask my artist about it though and see if we can come up with a way to make the tileset more unique and interesting.

Reactions: Colourless

ChangerGames

Jun 8, 2020
So, it's been almost a year of doing improvements to the game and I have the new version coming out on the 30th. There have been a lot of additions since the original concept demo. I put together a brief simple trailer; video editing is not my strong suit unfortunately.

Here's a log of what all has been added in this version from the original version

• Gallery page added to Pause menu.
  • 5 CGs added to Gallery.
  • Keyboard control rebinding added.
  • Shortcut to hero's guild added.
  • Grant fight moved to Cave Dungeon.
  • Paladin form added.
  • Tutorial area added.
  • New opening added.
  • Guild Hall added.
  • Barkeep added to Guild Hall.
  • 5 Convos added for Barkeep.
  • Fate added to Guild Hall
  • 5 Convos for Fate added.
  • Brian added to Guild Hall
  • 5 convos for Brian added.
  • Nicardia added to Guild hall
  • 5 convo added for Nicardia.
  • Waitress added to Guild Hall
  • Shop added to game.
  • Cherry Drink, a healing item, added to game.
  • 3 sex scenes with Waitress added.
  • 5 areas added to game world.
  • Plant girl added to game.
  • Hawk added to game.
  • Wall Slime enemy added.
  • Giant Bat enemy added.
  • Grux Boss Fight added to game.
  • Health bars added for boss fights.
  • 2 Sex scenes with Tarya added.
  • Health can be extended with collectables. 8 can be found in total.
  • Save system implemented.
  • 4 new music tracks added.
  • Interconnected game world added.