[Submitted] Spiderfolk Codex

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
This is a joint effort between @Veritas of Serposum and I to expand on the spiderfolk lore in game! We scoured for just about every piece of lore in-game that we could find (there isn't a whole lot!), and then expanded on it. Any relevant lore bits provided by Ihzalti and the Drider Queen have been incorporated, as well as the fact that spider silk is present as materials for several in-game clothing and equipment items. Please let us know what you think, and if you find any grammatical/spelling errors!

Aranieran Codex

Jackal2

Jul 26, 2023
You did a pretty good job, wasn't that much to edit except a few bits in the society section. This makes me hope Ihzalti finally meets the white queen. I used to edit for CoC and TiTS back when Fen and co put the documents on Trello so if you have any more docs you feel would benefit from a fresh pair of eyes just send it my way and I'll take a look.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
I didn't find any glaring typos or contradictions. I would consider adding into the Eyes section that they typically have four eyes, however (at least from my observance of Ihz and Drider Queen). I am unsure if bipedal spiderfolk are the same, but the driders definitely seem to have four.
Wasn't sure whether to put that in the Doc itself as a suggestion or just mention it here. I went with here.

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
You did a pretty good job, wasn't that much to edit except a few bits in the society section. This makes me hope Ihzalti finally meets the white queen. I used to edit for CoC and TiTS back when Fen and co put the documents on Trello so if you have any more docs you feel would benefit from a fresh pair of eyes just send it my way and I'll take a look.
Thank you so much for taking a look at it! One of the first things I'd like to write should this get accepted is a quest for setting up a spider nest home in the Frostwoods for the Drider Queen, which would involve moving Ihzalti and any drider children to the new nest, as well.

I didn't find any glaring typos or contradictions. I would consider adding into the Eyes section that they typically have four eyes, however (at least from my observance of Ihz and Drider Queen). I am unsure if bipedal spiderfolk are the same, but the driders definitely seem to have four.
Wasn't sure whether to put that in the Doc itself as a suggestion or just mention it here. I went with here.
Thank you for the suggestion! This has been done! :)

Interesting stuff, I really like the religious bit about the trio out of the seven, very neat idea remixing The Fates.
Thank you! We originally had Lumia as the third, but replaced her with Mallach due to the focus on crafting. I think it works much better this way. ^^

Thank you again to everyone who reviewed and left comments on our stuff here! <3 I've just submitted it, and we're hopeful that it gets accepted!

Reactions: Ace Hangman