[Implemented] Nova Xpack

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
A few questions:

1. Does class armor override the style options or can they both work together?

2. Do the booster and cold protection upgrades require you to have a jetpack and thermal pack (or their alternatives) in your inventory at all times or just for the first time you show Nova how they work?

3. Do the miscellaneous cosmetics actually count as accessory slot items (I only ask because you compared them to the Fedora)?

4. Can you use multiple miscellaneous cosmetics at once?

5. Are we ever going to learn anything further about that weird hostile AI from the data core?

Last edited:

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
A few questions:

1. Does class armor override the style options or can they both work together?

2. Do the booster and cold protection upgrades require you to have a jetpack and thermal pack (or their alternatives) in your inventory at all times or just for the first time you show Nova how they work?

3. Do the miscellaneous cosmetics actually count as accessory slot items (I only ask because you compared them to the Fedora)?

4. Can you use multiple miscellaneous cosmetics at once?

5. Are we ever going to learn anything further about that weird hostile AI from the data core?

1- They work together.

2- Just the first time

3- No they don't count as accessories, I compared it to the fedora because it adds a small description in the appearance screen. That's what they do, add a small description in the appearance screen.

4- Yes, so far none of the one I wrote truly conflict with eachother. You could wear a tiara and a panama irl together, it would look weird as fuck but nothing prevents you from doing that. Same here.

5- That depends on the success of this xpack. Yes, I made that an open ending just in case I get to expand on it in the future.

The plan is to make this one an utility/upgrade/cosmetic xpack. Then, if it gets greenlight, make an interaction and personality xpack (talk scenes, crew interactions, dates/adventures/escapades/miscellaneous mischief), and finally if everything goes ok make a sex scene xpack, but first, this one needs to be accepted. then I need to ask Savin permission again for the other 2 xpacks. I also have other projects planned before, so we're talking about over a year. Just the review queue is already 6 months wait time.

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
1- They work together.

2- Just the first time

3- No they don't count as accessories, I compared it to the fedora because it adds a small description in the appearance screen. That's what they do, add a small description in the appearance screen.

4- Yes, so far none of the one I wrote truly conflict with eachother. You could wear a tiara and a panama irl together, it would look weird as fuck but nothing prevents you from doing that. Same here.

5- That depends on the success of this xpack. Yes, I made that an open ending just in case I get to expand on it in the future.

The plan is to make this one an utility/upgrade/cosmetic xpack. Then, if it gets greenlight, make an interaction and personality xpack (talk scenes, crew interactions, dates/adventures/escapades/miscellaneous mischief), and finally if everything goes ok make a sex scene xpack, but first, this one needs to be accepted. then I need to ask Savin permission again for the other 2 xpacks. I also have other projects planned before, so we're talking about over a year. Just the review queue is already 6 months wait time.
My only request is that you call the sex scene xpack the "sexpack"

That_Guy98

Oct 4, 2018
This is definitly a must and hell if the devs need to keep in mind balance they can eventually make it so you can only get access to the high end upgrades via the next planet that comes about whenever it does so that nova doesn't replace too quickly or even outright all other armor with some edits

Vento

Mar 18, 2017
Nice work! Fingers crossed that it gets green-lit without need for extensive modifications.

I went over the document, correcting a few of minor typos and adding a couple of suggestions to improve the flow of the text.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Nice work! Fingers crossed that it gets green-lit without need for extensive modifications.

I went over the document, correcting a few of minor typos and adding a couple of suggestions to improve the flow of the text.

Unfortunately Fen found a few comma splices in the first page and rejected it. So, i'll have to find all those comma splices and remove them before resubmitting.

Somebody Else

Nov 12, 2018
Congratulations on the acceptance! If it's not too late, I'd suggest adding a dress option to the clothing customization, and maybe allow the goo armor to consume a suit of augment weave armor to gain the recovery benefits.

Reactions: Athena

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Congratulations on the acceptance! If it's not too late, I'd suggest adding a dress option to the clothing customization, and maybe allow the goo armor to consume a suit of augment weave armor to gain the recovery benefits.

I don't think I should add anything else once it's in the code pile, but I may add the suggestion of the recovery stat to the techcore bonuses for both outcomes.

Reactions: Athena

Somebody Else

Nov 12, 2018
I don't think I should add anything else once it's in the code pile, but I may add the suggestion of the recovery stat to the techcore bonuses for both outcomes.

Good point. Wasn't sure exactly how it all works, so just thought I'd mention it. Looking forward to seeing this in game!

A

Athena

I finally had a chance to read through the document, and it was even more extensive that I expected! You really went all out, and now I'm really looking forward to this! I don't use Nova that much, but only because I try to maintain certain "looks" per run. Once this gets in, I'll have a lot more reasons to use her. I know I have a Hellhound that'll be sporting the cowboy outfit and spiked collar, for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
I fnally had a chance to read through the document, and it was even more extensive that I expected! You really went all out, and now I'm really looking forward to this! I don't use Nova that much, but only because I try to maintain certain "looks" per run. Once this gets in, I'll have a lot more reasons to use her. I know I have a Hellhound that'll be sporting the cowboy outfit and spiked collar, for instance.

Glad you liked it. I too love Nova, and I was saddened by the fact that she's one the characters with the highest potential in the entire game but was lagging behind. I hope this update can revive her and bring her on par with modern armors when it comes to utility, versatility and of course, fashion.

EliteStraker295

Oct 15, 2019
Canada
Hi mister Thebiologist, I read your Nova Xpack and I'm really interested by it's. But I wanted to know if you need some help for writing the scene for when the PC have found, recover or bought the Tech Core.

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
Is the new "Nova upgrade" mentioned in the patch notes this specific expansion? I'm not a backer, so I can't try it for myself yet, but I'm still curious.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Is the new "Nova upgrade" mentioned in the patch notes this specific expansion? I'm not a backer, so I can't try it for myself yet, but I'm still curious.
It doesn't look like it. It appears that it's like the upgrades that were in the game previously.
Apologies for the Necro.

King Kenya

Feb 25, 2020
The "Space Cowboy" look comes with a cowboy hat and duster? what if you are wearing a duster or greatcoat accessory? Or a hat accessory for that matter?

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Just the doctor upgrade and cold protection. The tech core for the class armor upgrade will need to wait for a suitable dungeon to salvage it from... personally I like that you can alternatively use that on your microsurgeons instead to get more health and energy. Nova is becoming wicked useful, but only one of my three Captains use her, this way the core is useful to all of them. xD

King Kenya

Feb 25, 2020
I don't suppose adding a further style option which is "Dhaal Dress-code appropriate" is out of the question? It's a new flag added in the last update for 3 outfits for a specific event, but I just prefer wearing nova.

Reactions: JK Drack

King Kenya

Feb 25, 2020
I really thought the Dhaal Dungeon would be the one that would fully realise this xpack, I am still wearing Nova and she is still much too weak for the current stage of the game. Do we actually know when they intend to introduce it, if at all?