[SUBMITTED] New Ship Weapons and Upgrades!

ARC the Automaton

Apr 30, 2023
USA
Here's some potential ship weapons and upgrades! As someone who loves space combat in sci-fi, I really wanna flesh out this part of the game more. Specific states, costs, etc. can be adjusted if needed for balance purposes. Lemme know what you think! :3

Edit: Damage for all weapons except torpedo tube now reduced, accuracy on tachyon lance set to 0 instead of 5.

Last edited:

Renurb

Nov 7, 2023
The Tachyon lances seem way overpowered compared to the ships we face, since the Capacitors upgrade lets you use them 2x in a row and you just have to recharge once to use them a third time and essentially 3-shot most ships, especially with the accuracy they have. I'd say reduce the accuracy to 3, or make it occupy 2 weapon slots because otherwise it's pretty OP.

Otherwise pretty balanced ideas IMO, though I'd still cut down damage for most of the weapons by like 1/3.

Reactions: ARC the Automaton

ARC the Automaton

Apr 30, 2023
USA
I'm willing to cut down the accuracy of the tachyon lance for balance. I don't necessarily think that it's too unbalanced besides that though since capacitor banks eat up a full turn to use and you would need to use four auxiliary batteries to fire twice without them on most ships.

I'll still cut down the damage on the weapons though since I realize they might overshadow some other choices currently in the game with their current damage numbers

Renurb

Nov 7, 2023
I'm willing to cut down the accuracy of the tachyon lance for balance. I don't necessarily think that it's too unbalanced besides that though since capacitor banks eat up a full turn to use and you would need to use four auxiliary batteries to fire twice without them on most ships.

I'll still cut down the damage on the weapons though since I realize they might overshadow some other choices currently in the game with their current damage numbers
Yeah. Your Relativistic Launcher was pretty well done. HUGE damage but its lack of accuracy makes it something to use at a specific instance to cripple a slowed opponent. Honestly I think there should be a toggle for having more or less pirate encounters and like with Varmints, possibly having encounters with 2 or 3 at a time rather than just 1 ship as you level up and improve your ship (it'll also encourage buying new ships for players without hardlock features).

Edit: Nvm about the Pirate toggle, I didn't realize the Hunt feature was included at the time of posting this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC the Automaton