[Submitted] Lapinara Distention (Part Eins)

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Hello Everyone,

I've decided to work on an expansion of current Lapinara content. In order to prevent creating a massive project, I've decided to break up the expansion into parts. Part one seeks to flesh out the lapinara parasitic female encountered on Tarkus so that the encounter feels more complete. Assuming part one works out, part two will focus on adding the lapinara males mentioned in the codex, while part three would be the standard (non-parasitic) females.I will attempt to write all the code needed for implementation, though I may need to leave some parts to the development team. The idea is to create content that can be easily implemented.

Lapinara Distention (Part Eins)

Updates:
05/07: Everything is done! Time to submit
05/05: Completed the coding for the pregnancy handler and posted. (LapinaraEggnancy.as) and birthing except for pesky status effects, which I seriously can't seem to find code for in order to figure out. :(
05/04: Edited and made a few fixes to birthing scene and pregnancy stage progression. Wrote implementation steps, started final coding of LapinaraEggnancy.as pregnancy handler.
05/03: Finished Writing! Finished the pregnancy stage progression. It was definitely more work to make gradual changes with text instead of just making the changes behind the scenes… lesson learned. Updated the formatting of the doc a little bit. Added the bonus parser descriptions. Wrote the birthing scene. Just need to edit new stuff, and code!
05/02: Got a good amount of work done on the pregnancy stage messages, and most of the timing and logic for various transformations done. Did some more editing and minor work here and there. Should hopefully finish the stage messages tomorrow.
04/29: The sex scene is DONE! Completed the new status effects. Added sciency section for justification/background purposes. Completed the Broodmother perk & code. Some updates to the
pregnancy section. Remaining: just the stage progression messages and birth scene, then on to coding it all together pretty quick.

04/28: Most of the victory sex scene is written. A couple more paragraphs, and I can move on to double-checking the parser calls. I've already made a few editing passes over all but Continuation 3. Next is knocking out the pregnancy text. This doc is well past 9,000 words now!
04/27: Wrote Ending 2 along with most of Continuation 2. Also fleshed out a lot of the pregnancy progression stuff. Checked a bunch of parser calls, and took care of several odds and ends.

Last edited:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
You're putting in exactly what was missing that inspired me to write butt bugs, an actual, functional, parasitic type organism(albeit only pregnancy-wise), on Tarkus.

The planning and possible content looks good, I hope you go through with this and get it in-game.

One question. Have you considered nursery content? I can just imagine my Steele reading a bedtime story before dozing off a waking up in a pile of fluff.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well this sounds and looks like a great idea thus far.

Also nursery content for the brats would be neat as well. Helps to make the little bastards more than just a number on a scorecard.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Thanks Preacher, I've been wishing there was more lapinara content since I first encountered them.

I've considered nursery content. I have a placeholder in the doc for at least some minimal nursery stuff. It might wait for part 2 though. I have some interesting ideas for (relatively) rapid growth of the babies, following the trend of rabbits with really short maturation times. I'm also not confident that I'll be able to get the right "feeling" for a loving/kind parent/child scene, at least not without some trial and error. I'm honestly leaning towards leaving the nursery for later to do all at once. (as added male/female lapinaras would mean additional offspring types)

I've written some more of the primary "get stuffed" scene. It's nearly done. The other continuations will likely be quicker to write, if only because they'll be a little shorter for each.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
//Shameless Bump

Actually though, got a lot more content in since the last post. The pregnancy mechanics have been largely fleshed out, and for the sex scene all that's really left is the final continuation and ending 3. After that, I'll finish the text for the pregnancy update messages and birth scene. Last is the relatively simple perk and status effect text, some hip descriptors, and then I can move on to coding it all. (well, at least as much as I can.) Seems it's moving along rather quickly, with a good majority of the non-code stuff done. I'd like to be able to submit this in a week or so.

I think I'll save any real nursery content for part 2, potentially to go along with a lapinara transformative item.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Hey everyone, figured it was time for another bump due to hitting a big milestone.

All the writing is done, and there's a ton of it. I went overboard with the pregnancy status messages, way more content than strictly necessary, but I think the end result will be worth it. I've read and re-read everything, and had someone else read it as well to check for grammar and typo issues. There might be a few lurking due to formatting with the plain-text code, but I should catch those while actually coding. The main concern I have is actual parser tag use. I've looked at the parser tag reference extensively, but can't rule out screwing up the grammar somewhere.

Now I'm on to coding, just takes some time plugging away. I'm trying to make it as easy as possible to implement the content, so I'm taking this extra step before submitting. It'll also give me some time to get any last-minute feedback. The pregnancy handler is the most persnickety, but I'm making steady progress. Hopefully I'll have most of the code done in the next couple days!

Reactions: Zavos

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Can't go wrong with too many status messages. Honestly the few that are in for some of the regular pregnancies get old in like 5 seconds.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
I am SO CLOSE to being done with the code, but can't work on it anymore today. Should be submitted soon though!

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
I am SO CLOSE to being done with the code, but can't work on it anymore today. Should be submitted soon though!

Chill man, it's on your time not ours. Finish whenever you feel like it and don't worry about anyone breathing down your neck, rushing things always bring mistakes.

Reactions: Zavos

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
It's submitted, so now I can relax and see what they think. :)
I shall pray to the gods of debauchery for your good fortune! Please, join me in prayer....:negativeman: OH MIGHTY SPIRITZ OF SMUT!!! HEAR OUR WORDS!!! WE BESEACH THEE TO BLESS THE TALES OF THIS GREAT CREATOR OF PR0N TO BE GIVEN SANCTION IN THE GOSPEL OF OUR PROPHET FENOXO!!! LET HIS STORIES OF SLUTTINESS LIVE ON THROUGH THE POWER OF TEH INTERNETZ, AND ECHO THROUGHOUT THE AGES, FOREVERMORE!!! AMEN!!!

Reactions: Preacher

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
I shall pray to the gods of debauchery for your good fortune! Please, join me in prayer....:negativeman: OH MIGHTY SPIRITZ OF SMUT!!! HEAR OUR WORDS!!! WE BESEACH THEE TO BLESS THE TALES OF THIS GREAT CREATOR OF PR0N TO BE GIVEN SANCTION IN THE GOSPEL OF OUR PROPHET FENOXO!!! LET HIS STORIES OF SLUTTINESS LIVE ON THROUGH THE POWER OF TEH INTERNETZ, AND ECHO THROUGHOUT THE AGES, FOREVERMORE!!! AMEN!!!

*Lights candles*, *looks out tainted glass window*, *strokes goat beard*, *unzips snazzy priest clothes*, *faps in prayer*.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
This is some neat stuff. I'm really looking forward to you potentially writing some non parasitic females eventually.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
I shall pray to the gods of debauchery for your good fortune!
*faps in prayer*.

I think I need to get in on that religion! If I learned anything from that great commercial, it's that if God gives you lemons, you find a new God.

Seriously though guys, thanks for the support!

If this submission is approved, I will probably start working on part 2 after the improved compaticock. I'd like to add some nursery content, potentially a futa-type tranformative, and maybe the beginning of the normal male/female lapinara. I feel like they wouldn't necessarily be a combat encounter though.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
It seems the hardest part is waiting... I figured it would be a while before it would be implemented because everyone is busy, but it's a bit disheartening not hearing anything at all. Hopefully it's a time issue rather than not liking the content :)

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
It seems the hardest part is waiting... I figured it would be a while before it would be implemented because everyone is busy, but it's a bit disheartening not hearing anything at all. Hopefully it's a time issue rather than not liking the content :)

Yeah, one of mine isn't even 6 pages and I'm still waiting for a yes/no from somebody. What I imagine it to be is there is a list of stuff and fen just works from what's first/oldest to what's last/newest.

Reactions: thaumx

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
You're right... I kind of figured that writing most of the code and making it super-easy to implement would make it more likely to get thrown in during some extra time along with other small content additions... guess it doesn't work like that if we're just going oldest to newest.

I think it's probably still worth it though, cause he'll have more time to add more content if mine takes less time for him to add.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
No one congratulated this man for writing 15k of what is just one part of Laipnara expansions with more planned.

So, :toot:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
:toot: