New Frostwyrm Content Thread! [Current Project: Flurry The Frostwyrm (Implemented!)]

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
Oh wow this ticks almost all of my boxes.Is there a possibility of a pronoun selection choice so FW can be referred to as 'it' or 'he'?
(I know nothing of coding so I don't know if this is trivial or difficult)

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
I can't imagine it would be any harder than what I did for Lane, where the PC can decide their gender, but the Frostwyrm was specifically commissioned to accept only female pronouns.

Also, Savin got back to me recently, and after a handful of small changes to the document, the Frostwyrm Expansion's been accepted! So now it's on the 'to be coded' pile. Who knows how much longer it'll be, but, it's one more roadblock we've gotten past.

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
I'd imagine it'll be somewhat expedited by Fen's current focus on Uveto, so here's hope to a speedy coding!

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
This has me speechless.

You realize this is literally as stupid as the PC unquestionably thinking of Ara Kei in masculine terms and pronouns, with no options to reconsider this.

How and why? B's already explained this like 5 times now. I realize you have me blocked and all but maybe you should spend more time reading his or my posts (or just commissioning your own stuff if how I spend my own money bothers you so much) and less time leaving passive aggressive comments (the irony isn't lost on me here). Or if you must keep on doing that then at least keep it to CoCX. This behavior is exactly why you were banned from Discord and why your profile is just a series of cringy, sad tweets.

Let me break things down for you and everyone else:
  • B asked me what I wanted to do for pronouns. He said he didn't want to keep on using "it/they". I told him I personally wanted female but I didn't care if he wanted to offer the option for male. He didn't offer it. I said okay.
  • Frosty is a fictional character and never identified as anything, at least until B made it so she went with female (she tells you this). Unlike Ara Kei who didn't care and let you pick (Ara also tells you this).
  • Savin never gave Frosty any pronouns in an effort to make Frosty more interesting, but is now fine with female ones. How is any of this so far my fault?
  • Nonesuch specifically made Ara Kei not care about their pronouns, so that more readers could enjoy Ara by picking the ones they wanted to use.
  • I am ALL for adding gender parser tags for Frosty. It'd be trivial to code but annoying to write; B would have to go back and add parser tags. I just don't think I should have to pay for that, sue me.
TL;DR: You can't see this but get the fuck over it, Zevvy. You don't even like TiTS. Or at least stop complaining to B on his thread (it wasn't even his fault). Feel free to write more status updates about me instead.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
IK, i don't blame you. I do resent this situation in general though.

"the Frostwyrm was specifically commissioned to accept only female pronouns" This has eliminated any residual goodwill I've had towards noob

SpaceStalin, Noobsaleh and a handful more other adult game creators ignored

You're right, it's just the situation.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Captinjoehenry wanted to commission me to update the doc and give some appreciation to PCs with the Amazonian Endurance perk. It wouldn't have been more than a few sentences, so I just offered to do it for free.

So, yeah, there's a minor update on the Frostwyrm doc: it plays a different ending when you first have sex with the Frostwyrm for PCs with the Amazonian Endurance perk. Totaled something like twelve sentences across four paragraphs, not a big deal.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Captinjoehenry wanted to commission me to update the doc and give some appreciation to PCs with the Amazonian Endurance perk. It wouldn't have been more than a few sentences, so I just offered to do it for free.

So, yeah, there's a minor update on the Frostwyrm doc: it plays a different ending when you first have sex with the Frostwyrm for PCs with the Amazonian Endurance perk. Totaled something like twelve sentences across four paragraphs, not a big deal.
Can you do ~20 of these small changes for me over the course of a few weeks?

Reactions: Freed85

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Eh... probably not, I'd like to say it's done. I really shouldn't have done CaptinJoe's request, but it was such a small change and I finished it in five minutes.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Bit confused what Drake was even asking for.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
This might seem random. There is no TF for the frost dragon but if there was how would it be different than the Gryian TF? I thought Steph got pregnant by the dragon herself didn't she? I'm surprised she hasn't been knocked up by anything else by now.
There is one that is written, but not yet implemented. It's even linked to within the doc.

Also I'm pretty sure that Steph is using birth control like a sensible person and had a lot of fun with some puppies right before the frostwyrm showed up.

Liz the Lizardfolk

Feb 7, 2018
There were recently (in the past few days) multiple suggestions added to the documents. Those were me; I didn't have an account here yet. Sorry about that.
EDIT: Google can sure be frustrating. I really don't want to have to make an all new email account with this same name just to be able to reply without giving away my email address. If anyone knows something to get around this issue, I'd love to hear about it (though probably better for it to be in a PM than this thread...). For now, I'll just add a signature to my anonymous-ness.

Last edited:

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
So, bit of an update here:

Fenoxo's gotten back to me on the status of Frosty's inclusion into TiTS. I don't know if he plans on making a public post about it, but I'll give the cliff notes version here:
  • He is 110% down for Frosty's base content. Everything Frosty related gets the thumbs up. Here's where the 'but' comes in.
  • He was extremely wary about the incest content, for a handful of reasons that I won't get into. It took a bit of convincing to even let the Frostwyrmlings have a chance at seeing the light of day, but I managed to talk him into giving me a chance to fix the problems he had with them.
  • That said, the Daydream and the Actual Dream involving the Frostwyrmlings (but not the Frostwyrm) are nixed completely and there's no saving them.
  • Also said, you can count out the Frostwyrmling Crewmate expansion for good, too.
So, if you're just interested in the Frostwyrm content, you're in luck! I basically don't have to make any edits to Frosty at all.
But for the Frostwyrmlings, I'm going to have to make a ton of changes if they're to make it past Fen. Which I'm okay with, and in fact, I'm doing them right now. I'd like to see them make it in too, and not just because I wrote them.

I think I'll be making all the edits in a separate, private document, so if anyone really enjoys the Frostwyrmlings as they are right now, you can still enjoy them. Keep in mind, their content is going to be a bit different from how they are if they make it into the game.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
I don't understand the problem with incest, except maybe for reasons related to Patreon's rules, as there was plenty of it in CoC. That's sad, I really, really liked the frostwyrmling content

Last edited:
Reactions: XBoxMaster131

Fr0sty

Dec 4, 2017
I don't understand the problem with incest, except maybe for reasons related to Patreon's rules, as there was plenty of it in CoC. That's sad, I really, really liked the frostwyrmling content

Incest is always tricky. Parent-Child stuff is generally frowned on, and far more difficult to not make creepy. If I had to guess (and this is just a guess), Fen likely just felt the content fell a bit to much on the creepy side of things.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
More than likely. Its one of those fetishes that walks a thin line and can quite easily fall into unsavoury territory.

<><

Jun 22, 2017
A shame that frosty got delayed, she's my favorite submission to TiTS.
The only bad things I can say about the submission is that the first talk with frosty being you want to hunt them doesn't really fit with trickster and kind steele(plus she's the one challenging you to battle anyway) and the fact that the kips seem too human(usually protagonist genes take a backseat in fenco games)
I do understand through why the incest was rejected, it was very much in your face, even if you didn't consent to incest even once.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Gotta say that I am also not really getting why the kip stuff is getting cut. It feels like the decision was a bit arbitrary from my perspective. Plus all the issues with such pairings are moot by the lack of ability to have kids with the kids and even if you could Steele's existence is that of a designer baby so genetic weirdness is off the table.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Pretty sure the only reason why we got away with Shade and Astra is cause we are only half and quarter siblings, respectively, and the fact that with Shade, we never actually penetrate her; just her tail. So we get away on a bit of a technicality.

Last edited:

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Gotta say that I am also not really getting why the kip stuff is getting cut. It feels like the decision was a bit arbitrary from my perspective. Plus all the issues with such pairings are moot by the lack of ability to have kids with the kids and even if you could Steele's existence is that of a designer baby so genetic weirdness is off the table.
Like I said, there are a few more issues than it just not being his fetish.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Like I said, there are a few more issues than it just not being his fetish.

My bet is the fast aging. Your kids are "full grown" in less then 1 year, and I dont think I need to stress that tid bit.

That wasnt a problem in CoC because MAGIC!!!! but, as much as it sounds stupid, TiTs is much more grounded in realism.

It really, REALLY sucks that you have to rework this bit, hopefully you can make it work cause what you did do was GREAT stuff. And I was looking towards our Eldest going to the stars with us. Ping me when the doc goes public wont ya?

Reactions: Freed85