stuck on Redemption quest

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
I finished the Winter Wolf quest, and picked up Tollus's notes on my way out. However, Redemption is still on the "notes from centaur village" stage.

Now, when picking up the notes it DID say I didn't have time to read them (on account of, y'know, the whole "everything is collapsing" thing), but I can't find a way to read them (beyond checking the Gift for a Queen II in the codex, I mean) and I was able to talk to Kas about "Cult Loyalty". I've also checked the wiki, and apparently just getting the notes should've progressed the quest to the next stage (which was the end currently implemented content).

What am I missing?

EDIT: As a side question, I take it this "Lumian fortress" thing I keep hearing about while out on the ice (and that'll presumably be about fixing the relationships between the boreal elves and the Alliance) is as yet unimplemented?
EDIT2: Also, I can't figure out what "skilled blacksmith" I need to talk to about reforging the Shard of Ice + Circlet of Sunlight. I tried the one at Hawkthorne and the orc camp, but there weren't any relevant options.

Last edited:

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
Not finished
I know Redemption is not finished, but I think I'm stuck before the end of the current content. According to the wiki (and logic), picking up Tollus's notes after the Lureling fight should've progressed the quest beyond where I am now, which mentions I've found the first of Tollus's notes (the ones at the centaur village).

Last edited:

Solitary Traveler

May 14, 2021
under a rock
If you have the note in your codex, that counts as having picked it up in game and it should progress the quest. When I was doing that quest, I found both notes before I ever spoke to Kasyrra about Redemption, so I don't think the order matters. The quest updated just fine for me.

You can post your save if you want and we can take a look.

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
I'm new around here: I assume that by "post your save" you mean like this?

As you can see, the Redemption quest is still at "You picked up the first of Tollus's notes" stage, meaning the ones at the Centaur Village (which I had picked up waaaaaay before starting the quest). It didn't update when I picked up the ones at the Lureling dungeon.

For confirmation concerning me picking up the Lureling notes, the crystal-encrusted armour whatsitsname thingy that you get when you pick up the notes is in my stash.

I REALLY have no idea what I'm missing here. The wiki says it's an auto-update when picking up the notes, which didn't happen. The only thing I can think of is the tidbit when you pick up the notes that says we don't have the time to read them right now, but I have no idea how to "read them", other than checking the Gift II codex entry, which I already have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CoC2 John 246.coc2
    46 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Solitary Traveler