Strong language?

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
So I seem to get into trouble for swearing on another gaming forum.. does the same rule apply here too? I'd rather not get kicked off because I use strong language.

TheShepard256

The thing with most other game forums, presumably, is that the games they're for are not aimed exclusively at adults, which means they inevitably get younger members who shouldn't be exposed to that kind of language. We're all fairly mature people here on the Fenoxo forums (or at least, we should be, considering that we're an adult-oriented community that's as far from heteronormative as possible); so long as you're not being offensive, insulting or otherwise hostile, I don't think you'll get in trouble.

Reactions: Kaida and Burnerbro

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
That's good to know.. but the forum I was on was aimed for a 16+ app.

TheShepard256

That's good to know.. but the forum I was on was aimed for a 16+ app.
It might also be the case that higher profile companies* are stricter about the language their fans use, or that simply having anyone under 18 - even if it's just 16 and 17 year olds - is enough that they feel the need to ban (or at least limit) strong language. Or sometihng I haven't thought of. Or some combination of the above. I don't know much of anything about the politics of other forums, since I hardly ever visit them and never actually interact with them.
*I've no idea how high the profile is of whatever company makes that app, but I'd wager it's still higher than FenCo.

Gothic Purple Goblin

Mar 10, 2016
So I seem to get into trouble for swearing on another gaming forum.. does the same rule apply here too? I'd rather not get kicked off because I use strong language.
How you use it will be the primary thing here I wager. Swearing about a piece of shit computer or stubbing your fucking toe vs tearing into someone via a line of needless bullshit. We all may be pervy degenerates here but at least we can be civil ones. Video for luls.

Reactions: Kaida