Strive for Power (Slave Management, RPG)

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
I'll add my comments as well.
I agree the early game is tough, both food and money. I try to start slowly and not add too many slaves(servants, whatever). I make a point of never branding my servants. I customize the first servant to have combat skills and set her to forage. Her first skill point or two go into Survival. After that she can provide food for 1 or two other servants. After that all her skill points go into combat. I put her in the personal room so she heals quickly. I try to do some of the slave guild requests since they have big pay offs. You need to check the slave guilds frequently. I also go out looking for combat. There are a couple of areas that are not too punishing for low level characters so I stick to them. This levels up the first girl and the MC. Unless I find a truly exceptional captive I sell them all. The two early girls you get from exploring the town are useful. Emily has poor initial stats so she needs a lot of effort, but Cali can get the Devoted trait which increases her wit and confidence. I take new recruits out exploring, it boosts their courage and gets the first skill points quickly. There are ways to decrease the number of new servants killed. Pay attention to the description of the encounter and avoid the tough ones until you have some good warriors. Anyway, although the early game is tough I enjoy that kind of struggle
I usually finish the available content somewhere around 300 days, most of that attempting to get the money required. Or trying to find a taurus. By that time I have 5, maybe 6, servants, most pretty well polished. There is a tipping point where I have more money, food, and mana than I know what to do with. As game development continues, more money sinks are needed. I have developed the farm once to see what it was like. If you stuff in enough slaves and have a decent farm manager, all food and money worries are over. It feels pretty OP to me.
Traits are not added randomly, they are the consequence of how you treat your servants. There is no need to be able to add traits, the MC is already in control of that. Note that some (not all) traits can be removed, so you need to figure out how to do it.
Charm is too easy to increase, maybe remove the increase from sexual acts, it's not needed. I don't have any trouble increasing courage. I know you have decreased the skill point gain at higher levels, but my first two or three servants still wind up having 15 or so skill point that I don't have a useful way to spend.
I like the new sex system. It somehow feels more "real". It also requires more management. The daily events are mostly fun. I haven't found any of the random recruits or run away slaves to be worthwhile.
There are places where it seems like a click fest. I notice it with the Jail. If there is more than one person in the Jail, you can't remain in the Jail and deal with a list of prisoners, you must close the Jail window and return to the Mansion window, then open the Jail window again.
I think you are on the way to having enjoyable, functional foundation for the addition custom quest.

meijis

Jun 12, 2016
Although I understand making the game more difficult, but one thing seems to irk me in the new updates, the game is very tedious

It's as if the game is a click fest

Perhaps you can create a job that acts as your personal assistant
as what I have observed, a Headgirl focuses on obedience, but there is nothing that unlocks new sex

Perhaps an assistant mistress is required

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
3.38a is out. New sprites, bigger resolution and other stuff. Links at the first post.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
If you're in need of writers, I know there's a few (myself included) who would probably help. It might be a good idea to actively start feeling out among the community's RPers and content writers. Not all of them will charge you (barring repeat requests, think) and most tend to have a pretty good work ethic for games that prove to not be made of fiberglass and constantly provide more updates and genuine attention from their creators.

That is, if your first post is still accurate to you needing writers. I know for one I'd love to see more content for buttfuckin' male slaves into submission. My biggest annoyance is that most of the transformation elements aren't as very well-geared for male transformation (androgyny is very hard to balance, while shemales/dickgirls are about as easy as three clicks to make), and that there's really no reward or system to better assemble your rough males into submissive gaylords/pegging-lovers.

It's not a focus, but there's some valid content gap there that I'm sure a few people could be willing to work with you on. It'd definitely spice up the reward for going through the effort of anally-stretching their sexuality into bi-curious bitchboys or submissive beefcakes. Compared to the benefits of breeding/knocking up a few trusty girls, there's very little profit path for male-sexing to give it proper functionality. It's really only there, in the current state, for those blue-moon missions that need pretty boys or for people who specifically wanna fuck dude-butt.

NeedleSniper

Sep 6, 2015
Hey man, Great game, In fact im in love with it and not because of the sex scenes but because of the gameplay,
You need some more gameplay content though like repeatable quests because the main quest is a bit too hard to finish
and i saw some bugs, like in that Bandit quest with Cali, because i tried to poison the bandits to reduce their number,
which would supposedly 3, when i attacked immediately there were a lot of them but when i left and came back their numbers
shrunk to 3

you also need to explain where to get the ingredients like Fluid substance ( which i assumed came from female humans but then i was wrong) ( and it supposedly comes sylphys? {or Fish people i forgot})
and you need explaination for the jobs and potions ( i thought oblivion potion was a sort of mind break potion)

And where the fuck do i find Snails ?

Last edited:

Nicokudo

Oct 1, 2016
quick question, cali doesn't seem to adquire the devoted trait after her quest anymore, is this intentional or I did something wrong?

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
quick question, cali doesn't seem to adquire the devoted trait after her quest anymore, is this intentional or I did something wrong?
It was changed for something else (don't quite remember why it was changed).

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
I was able to get the Devoted trait for Cali in 0.4.0, haven't gotten that far in 0.4.1a yet. The requirements for Devoted changed from loyalty to affection. You must be careful to unlock only a few sexual actions before reaching the affection goal or she will get the Slutty trait instead. If you plan to have her do sex work, the Slutty trait is pretty useful. This applies to every slave with the Pliable trait.

On another topic, I like having to explore the world to find out how it works. Experimenting with the potions is fun. I'd prefer not to have all the information presented to me easily. Discovering it as part of the game makes it seem more immersive.

NeedleSniper

Sep 6, 2015
You can get the devoted trait by using the Elixir of Regression, this would give any slave two traits, Pliable and Regressed
From Pliable I was able to get a Slutty Trait on one slave and Devoted on another
it cant change status traits though (i.e. scarred and mute)
only characteristical traits (i.e. Masochis and coward (although there are execeptions)

NeedleSniper

Sep 6, 2015
Well thats amusing
May I ask a question ? What does your cheat codes do ? Im curious, Does it just give you food and gold or what ?
Also my slave is lvl:82 while im Lvl: 6, Is this bad ?
(Also can you re-add Slave Perma death, (Which can be ticked on or off))
Also thanks

Last edited:

NeedleSniper

Sep 6, 2015
On another topic, I like having to explore the world to find out how it works. Experimenting with the potions is fun. I'd prefer not to have all the information presented to me easily. Discovering it as part of the game makes it seem more immersive.

Found out that mind read can be used while in combat which would allow you to see enemy stats
Also shackle and Heal is very useful
I also tried to age a slave to Grandhood (which is past adulthood) turns out they dont age and die

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
What does your cheat codes do ? Im curious, Does it just give you food and gold or what ?
Also my slave is lvl:82 while im Lvl: 6, Is this bad ?
(Also can you re-add Slave Perma death, (Which can be ticked on or off))
You can set resources, unlock soft limit for slave amount and change some of speicific slave's stats.
Not really, there's no autoleveling so you shouldn't have any problems with leveling yourself up.
Why would you want permadeath back?

I also tried to age a slave to Grandhood (which is past adulthood) turns out they dont age and die
Unless you mean toxicity, I don't think this is intended. Grandhood is not a thing though

NeedleSniper

Sep 6, 2015
Why would you want permadeath back?
Grandhood is not a thing though

Because it adds more challenge ( Also because why not ? )

I thought Grandhood would be a thing because Free Cities has it, So i just experimented it because i was curious

Also dude fix the job reset bug,( if it is a bug, (also because its annoying)) when someone from my combat group gets tired their job turns to rest and then i get confused on what job they had last
If they need some rest just give the the unavailable status which when wears off restores them back to normal

I really appreciate your game because its more user friendly than free cities ( that game gave me mental trauma on what does what )

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
What looks like happened with Cali and the Devoted trait is this:
Under certain circumstance, at the end of Cali's quest she will have the Pliable trait and very high Loyalty. This has been so for several version. Until 4.0, the Devoted trait was gained when Loyalty reached a certain level. This level was lower than Cali's Loyalty when she ended with the Pliable trait. Therefor she immediately gained the Devoted trait. This was nice but inflexible. The Devoted trait is now gained when a slave with the Pliable trait reaches a certain (high) level of affection, not Loyalty. The trick is that the Slutty trait is gained when a slave with the Pliable trait has a certain (low) number of sexual actions unlocked. It is very easy to be attempting to get the Devoted trait and unlock one too many sexual actions and get the Slutty trait instead. Both Devoted and Slutty are useful traits. Devoted is perhaps better suited for management or combat roles, while Slutty is great for sex workers.
Maverik, does this look reasonably correct>

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
What looks like happened with Cali and the Devoted trait is this:
Under certain circumstance, at the end of Cali's quest she will have the Pliable trait and very high Loyalty. This has been so for several version. Until 4.0, the Devoted trait was gained when Loyalty reached a certain level. This level was lower than Cali's Loyalty when she ended with the Pliable trait. Therefor she immediately gained the Devoted trait. This was nice but inflexible. The Devoted trait is now gained when a slave with the Pliable trait reaches a certain (high) level of affection, not Loyalty. The trick is that the Slutty trait is gained when a slave with the Pliable trait has a certain (low) number of sexual actions unlocked. It is very easy to be attempting to get the Devoted trait and unlock one too many sexual actions and get the Slutty trait instead. Both Devoted and Slutty are useful traits. Devoted is perhaps better suited for management or combat roles, while Slutty is great for sex workers.
Maverik, does this look reasonably correct>
That's probably it, as pliable trait goals were adjusted after removing 'lewdness' from the game. Initially I made 'Slutty' trait to respond to unlocked actions, but then you could easily get into loyalty range by farming affection, so 'Devoted' trait requirement was changed to affection level instead of loyalty, so now it['s pretty clear choice - slutty if you unlock many sex options, devoted if you don't.

devron

Jun 19, 2016
Can't get this game to run - see a command prompt that briefly flashes, but nothing after that. On Windows 10 - just updated display driver, still no luck.

*edit - also tried running as administrator - no change.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Can't get this game to run - see a command prompt that briefly flashes, but nothing after that. On Windows 10 - just updated display driver, still no luck.

*edit - also tried running as administrator - no change.
Make sure you have data.zip or other data files in the same directory.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
New public version is out, updated description and hosted by itch.io now. Links at the first post.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.4.2c is out for everyone, 0.4.3 is out for patreons.
New in public: Jobs rework, dom/sub preferences returned to slaves, new shop menu.
New in Patreon: Introduced new Gear and Grade systems, new items, main screen and many balance changes.

Links in the first post.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.4.4b version is out in public, 0.4.41d is out for patreons.
New in public: New starting sequence and gui pieces, lots of bugfixes.
New in Patreon: new specializations and gear system.

Links in the first post.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
OK, I started playing this game (didn't read the whole thread) but I'm not finding it very intuitive. The in-game documentation and tutorials are pretty good, but the mechanics are just so complicated that they still aren't adequate to the task. Basically, I can't work out what I'm meant to do- obedience just naturally falls for all girls (and praising them does NOTHING except make it drop faster with no upside), forcing me to constantly berate them just to stop them from running away, even though I prefer playing with a soft touch (I prefer being a "good master" in slave trainer games). I can't work out what I'm supposed to do to make girls like me (aside from Emily automatically liking me more when she comes back from her sister). Some stats just can't be seen- Obedience is represented by a coloured symbol, even though slave market quests list it as a number. And this is probably a bug, but my adventuring party is set the first time I go out with girls in it- after the first time I go exploring, I can never add any girls to it again, including girls from the party that are removed for any reason (e.g training). The tutorials need some expansion because working out what you should be doing to succeed isn't immediately obvious.

Last edited:

Kharnos Strayder

Sep 2, 2015
Gotta say, loving the game thus far but two questions that I could not seem to find answers for. How do you raise loyalty?
Trying to get close to my first servant without force and yeah.

Also how do you get the image pack to work?

Last edited:

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Gotta say, loving the game thus far but two questions that I could not seem to find answers for. How do you raise loyalty?
Trying to get close to my first servant without force and yeah.

Also how do you get the image pack to work?
Loyalty is gained from most interactions like sex, praises, gifts, etc. Regular consensual sex will probably quickly make slave loyal.

You use small button near description on the inspect screen. As it opens, you can fiddle with it and open folder with side data and put portraits there, then untag racial&gender lock. You might need to unhide appdata if you are using win10

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Loyalty is gained from most interactions like sex, praises, gifts, etc. Regular consensual sex will probably quickly make slave loyal.

You use small button near description on the inspect screen. As it opens, you can fiddle with it and open folder with side data and put portraits there, then untag racial&gender lock. You might need to unhide appdata if you are using win10
Wait, how does that work? You can't HAVE consensual sex with girls unless you raise their loyalty first, can you? And I find that praise or giving a girl a gift has pretty much even odds of LOWERING obedience and loyalty as raising it.

Miscellaneous Forum Viewer

Apr 6, 2016
There used to be a semi-reliable way to tell when it's a good idea to praise your slaves. I don't recall seeing it in the recent versions. It used to give a brief description of recent behavior or something.