Story as a Whole Turned into a Book

xVff12

Jul 21, 2016
What if your ENTIRE TiTS playthrough from getting your ship to where you are now is all logged as one entire book? It would be every scene you went through (excluding lost paths like death/loads) so as to make an epic of your adventures through space fucking everything? I'm not suggesting a feature, just a hypothetical.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Nope. Sorry.

The long answer
Each scene you go through calls variables depending on your statistics at that moment, and alters stuff to match. If you were to record all this, you would end up with a shit tonne of variables which would balloon your save file sizes catastrophically.
Plus, it would take quite a bit of work to get this set up. And i don't think any of the creators would really want to do this.

xVff12

Jul 21, 2016
No, I don't mean as a feature. I meant like a "magical book" that told your entire story without regards of how it came to be. I understand that it would be difficult to physically make, I'm interested in the concept of it.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Dear diary, I just blew up my second planet. Well, this one wasn't reduced to chunky planet bits...it's just uninhabitable now. Note to self: stop helping.
I thought TC wanted a log or synopsis of important events and choices/consequences...but you want everything? Bleh.

Reactions: Arhon and Zaku

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Well if you copy pasted literally everything you did, yeah its possible, but I don't see why you would want to do that as opposed to a more sane goal of having all your key choices written down. Which the codex already does for you conveniently enough.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Should be possible to output a transcript, but eh.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
PHP:
public function output():void
{
    if (_currentModule is GameTextModule && _currentModule.moduleName == "PrimaryOutput")
    {
        (_currentModule as GameTextModule).htmlText = "<span class='words'><p>" + outputBuffer + "</p></span>";
        //fucking output to transcript.txt
    }
    else
    {
        throw new Error("Output called whilst the currently active module was not the PrimaryOutput display!");
    }
}
Why rainbow though?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well only sane option is as Sav said simply coping each scene seen to some safe/log file. But I not know if it would be doable now to make any new function to work like this...and nor devs may be interested in doing it. So you got to do it manualy.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
No you don't, I just showed you how to do it. I mean, I can't guarantee it works, but that's like half the software engineering process.