Steele portrait thing?

Oct 18, 2017
Okay, this could be either a brilliant idea or a huge pain in the ass: anyone who has heard of Lust Doll and done minimal research knows the game has a portrait thing for the main character, and every time you change something on your avatar (clothing, body, etc) the portrait adapts to reflect your current look. Hypothetical situation: how much of a pain would it be to do something similar for TITS? Doesn't even have to be super-detailed, could even be some sort of minimalist hologram-thingy. For the record, just like Jon Snow I know basically NOTHING about coding and/or digital art, and as a college student I have no time to study coding or art and stuff so I'm throwing the idea out into the wild, not even claiming copyright. Feel free to roast the fuck out of me if this threatens to be another Bess/Ben situation.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Okay, this could be either a brilliant idea or a huge pain in the ass: anyone who has heard of Lust Doll and done minimal research knows the game has a portrait thing for the main character, and every time you change something on your avatar (clothing, body, etc) the portrait adapts to reflect your current look. Hypothetical situation: how much of a pain would it be to do something similar for TITS? Doesn't even have to be super-detailed, could even be some sort of minimalist hologram-thingy. For the record, just like Jon Snow I know basically NOTHING about coding and/or digital art, and as a college student I have no time to study coding or art and stuff so I'm throwing the idea out into the wild, not even claiming copyright. Feel free to roast the fuck out of me if this threatens to be another Bess/Ben situation.
Given the sheer amount of different changes you can make, and the staggering amount of possible combinations you can make with those changes, the amount of portraits that would have to be drawn would near the amount of words in the entire game

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
There's over 100 consumerable items.
Around 85% of those are transformative items that physically change Steele's appearance.
Each of those items might affect somewhere between 1-6 body parts on average.

Now, I'm sure that there are those far more capable of maths for this, but at the low end, you're looking at around 60,000 combinations (85 x 6 x 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1). More than likely even more.

In other words, you'd be asking an artist to do an insane amount of work.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
There's over 100 consumerable items.
Around 85% of those are transformative items that physically change Steele's appearance.
Each of those items might affect somewhere between 1-6 body parts on average.

Now, I'm sure that there are those far more capable of maths for this, but at the low end, you're looking at around 60,000 combinations (85 x 6 x 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1). More than likely even more.

In other words, you'd be asking an artist to do an insane amount of work.

Sounds like an artist is either gonna be making a killing drawing all that, or they will be killed by all the work.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
I mean, you wouldn't actually need to draw every combination, it could mix and match elements to create a composite. If you only did the head, you'd only need a face for each general shape, slightly variable for chubbiness, and then mouths, noses, eyes, ears and hairstyles, and then combine and tint to get a rough picture of each Steele.

Now, it's my opinion that this would still be far too much work, using time that could be better spent expanding the game (in terms of content and gameplay systems), I'm just saying it isn't impossible.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
CoC had something like that, a character viewer that would show the changes. It was a separate program that pulled from your saves. But two different artists worked on it and neither one ever finished, because of the fuckton of different things that needed to be drawn, and because more stuff got added in with every build. So I don't think the same thing would happen for TiTS.

Reactions: ShySquare

Unoriginal Name.404

Jul 5, 2018
As much as it could be nice to have, i think the amount of work that it would require would make it not worth it in the end(Also IIRC you can upload your own portrait)

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
CoC had something like that, a character viewer that would show the changes. It was a separate program that pulled from your saves. But two different artists worked on it and neither one ever finished, because of the fuckton of different things that needed to be drawn, and because more stuff got added in with every build. So I don't think the same thing would happen for TiTS.
well, if the main bulk of the work(all the items that currently exist) was already finished, I imagine it wouldn't be TOO hard to convince the main artists of TiTs to create a few more draws of body parts whenever a new item is added in each update, or even just do the several items added each time the Public build is release... not really sure though honestly....and eitherr way, I guess, it's not like it would ever get to that point anyways, lol

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
The best you could hope for is a feature allowing you to upload your own picture which would be displayed in appearance. Then you can comm an artist to draw your PC.
Yes, this I think is what could realistically be added.

You can already add your own custom busts for npcs so it seems feasible.

Tainted-Alice

Nov 20, 2015
The best you could hope for is a feature allowing you to upload your own picture which would be displayed in appearance. Then you can comm an artist to draw your PC.

Yeah I'd love something like coc2 has maybe it could be displayed in the picture frame when your not seeing anyone else.