Starting Decisions

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
What do y'all normally choose for starting perks/origin/alignment? Did you choose them for role playing reasons or more for its ability to give you a bonus in your gameplay (whether combat related or to increase ability to view your fetish content), or just at random?
For me it's: depends/balanced/kind
And mostly for gameplay reasons

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I go with Austere/willpower mainly because when I started my characters there was no way to raise willpower aside from the level up points, so every little bit raising willpower helped, and the money lost doesn't really seem that important to me.

TheAlexG

Jul 22, 2017
Usually when I play, I will start out Human, choose Balanced, and Choose Mischievous. Everything else is kinda random beyond that, depending the type of role/character I want to play as. Though, I do find myself choosing Mercenary more often then not then the other two 'jobs'. I mostly do this because I find it interesting to see how my character will change to a 'normal person', to something else on his/her trials.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Hmmmm... Yeah, I agree with Lancer, I tend to go with Austere and Willpower for easier leveling.

Though when it comes to species and all that, it depends on what I want. If I go for an Ausar with a flat chest, I'm obviously not turning around and immediately changing her around, except maybe for a dong.

So mine would probably be:

Any race (except Leithan)/Willpower/Austere/Mischievous

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Human Mercenary
Initial emphasis on Aim and Physique
Athletic upbringing
Kind personality

Perk-wise, I go for perks that boost my ranged damage or increases my survivability like Second Shot, Concentrated Fire and Take Cover.

I tend not to mod my Steele too much, but I do try to trigger the Cock Designer event to get that second dick, bump up their size to about 12". Then I get a couple of Knot-A-Problem, because I do like it when they acknowledge Steele knotting his lover. Not to mention scenes where you can DP a lover.

Last edited:

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
I always pick "Infertile" because pregnancy isn't my thing. I always start off female, and pick up the synthsheath on Tarkus. I usually start as human, except for when I want to play a half-kaithrit, because I like starting from a plain base and modding along the way. I always pick either "mischievous" or "nice" because I don't like playing a jerkass. And as much as I like big boobs, I always start with an A or B cup and make 'em grow along the way. :D

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I always go with human smuggler, and recently have been doing a willpower/austere start. I also start with mischievous but then slowly move to hard. My characters are usually very vanilla, B cups for females, 8 inches for males, and they don't really change from there.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Austere-intelligence, do a bare minimum required to progress story. Lane excluded (he's a pain to do late game). Once i beat lash, keep the save as template for future characters. I've done this three times so far, each having improvements over the previous version. This way if i want to start a new character, i cut out 95% of the drudge work i've done several dozen times before.

(Most recent version)

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Austere-intelligence, do a bare minimum required to progress story. Lane excluded (he's a pain to do late game). Once i beat lash, keep the save as template for future characters. I've done this three times so far, each having improvements over the previous version. This way if i want to start a new character, i cut out 95% of the drudge work i've done several dozen times before.

(Most recent version)
Shit that's an amazing idea

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Usualy it's human, tech with bonus to willpower (not because it was in past hard to rise outside lvl-up pts but because it say in tooltip it will be important for psionics...that are not yet in. *insert StillWaiting.gif*) with misch personality. And male picking Jill as rival.

As was said above for any PC I start I never picking biggest size of certain body parts. I also think, that we got enough tf items ingame to make them enough big as it's needed.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
psionics are going to be a whole new class iirc, so will is really only useful for resisting psionics and resisting other things on the other classes.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well if Psionic will do end as 4th class I would probably reconsider if picking always tech or choosing each time I start anew between tech and psionic classes. Till it's ingame all can change if Psionic class will be 4th class or as some sort of subclass/specializatiton for any of orginal 3 classes. But all signs recently telling ti will be 4th starting class.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
Usually start as a male half-Ausar, eventually going full, tech or smuggler with either an Aim or intelligence increase depending on the class with a kind personality and a balanced upbringing mainly do to trying to put myself into the game. When I play as a female things tend to be a bit more... "creative" especially with the POWER OF SAVE EDITING!!!*insert He-man I have the power.gif*

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
I just edit my characters to make them look the way I want, that includes starting species, which yes, you can edit, it's a line of text apparently not an id.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Using power of save editing is fun but then it make starting choices not important anymore since 'all can be edited later on anyway so why so serious about start choices' scenario.

Reactions: Shambler

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
And that is why I have multiple characters 2 I don't mess around with via save editing and 1 that is basically a Goo-dragon goddess of sorts.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
I take both willpower based options, lower lust over time as a perk, and usually run a mischievous tech. Everything else is subject to change.