Starship weapons

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
I've had this bug occur irregularly on the last one or two playthroughs. If I buy enough weapons to fill up a starship's weapon slots and then I go in later and try to change them by selling one or more, my starship will say it's overloaded by one too many weapons. If I then sell one, I can't replace it. If I sell all of them, I can then replace all of them...but if I come in later, it says I'm overloaded again. I've had the same thing happen with starship systems but don't have a save that illustrates that.

In this save, The Blade has its two pre-mounted weapons and one purchased missile turret,. The vender shows the ship fully loaded with 4 weapons when it actually only has three. If you sell the missile turret, leave the vendor and return, you can then purchase 2 new weapons but if you don't sell the missile turret you can't purchase any weapons.

This matters because purchasing order affects firing order. I want weapons like lasers that take down shields to fire first, then low energy consuming weapons to fire second and then high energy consuming armor piercing weapons like coil cannons to fire last....but if you buy a missile turret and coil cannon in the same purchase the coil cannon gets loaded in the firing order first.

I should have added that this is version 0.9.099-PUBLIC#4942

Attachments

• Kaylee (F) - 12Hrs 27Mins, 204 Days - Tarkus, Ingnam.json
    892.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for the save file. I've tested this issue and I am confident I know what is causing it (has to do with how item merges are handled while in the shop, counting your fixed weapon twice when calculating for the number of available slots), but I can't find a reasonable solution as of yet.

However, I have implemented a feature in the next release that should allow you to reorganize your ship weapons (which also affects the attack order of the weapons). You can access the reorganization menu under the ship's stats or during ship combat. Hopefully this helps with the weapon order issue.