[Spoilers] What's the future of endgame combat?

Nerezza

Oct 30, 2016
I saw a pretty big and pretty sudden jump in combat difficulty for the frostwyrm and that pirate bitch in the power armor. Sure you can take them down legit with the gear available now, but the combat scaling in the current endgame has me wondering if there's been talk about the future of combat.

The most I've seen are hints of psionic abilities and cybernetics as additions to the combat system, but I haven't seen or heard of anything else upcoming. The way I'm seeing it, Steele must be getting close to the limits for a natural body to mutate to, so are we getting to the point that Steele needs to augment themself to (even higher) supernatural levels with psionic/cybernetic enhancement?

Imagine the next time pirates try to take down Kara and Steele, Watson's bound to deploy a full squad of power-armor-wearing-badasses instead of just one, and Steele's going to have to be ready for it.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Steele is at some point gonna level up again, and then he/she will gain new skills related to their class.
I have no idea what those skills will be though.
But I think there was some mention of armor points for shields. But I have no idea whether or not that´s gonna happen though.

As I see it there won´t be too many "racial skills" for Steele to get, as opposed to CoC where one would transform themselves to a certain race to get a particular skill. Sexual stuff is fine, but I doubt there will be much focus of needing enhancements to be able to get much stronger.
That would ruin the experience for the players after all.

I have no idea how psionics will be handled, but I assume they will be an optional strategy. One won´t have to be a psionic to excel.
Sure, if you want to focus on it, you can do that, but you´ll probably meet enemies resistant to it in much the same fashion as other classes will meet enemies with resistance to kinetic or energy weapons, or even an advantage over range or melee attacks.

If you want to be a gunslinging smuggler that´s an option, if you want to be a lust focused techie, sure go for it, if you want to be a psionic, cool.

tl;dr The player will probably not be forced to turn into something they don´t want to be to survive. They will most likely neither be forced to focus on psionics to win the late game battles.

That´s my thoughts on the matter in the very least :)

Last edited:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Psionics are supposed to be their own class last I heard, unless the devs have changed their minds and not said anything since the last I saw of them mentioning psionics.

I'm pretty much just hoping that I can end up as a not!jedi / not!sith and muck around with psionics while hitting people with space fantasy melee weapons.