[Spoilers Galore!] Kinu Route Speculation Thread

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Observer’s release of the Adult Kinu doc raised a lot of interesting possibilities for where her storyline will go. I will start by saying I’m very glad that the story isn’t just going to end after she gets out with only KinuQuest as her having an active role.

But what’s intriguing is what we have so far on Inari Route dialogue.

One of the lines has Inari telling PC about Hitoshi trying to talk her into working things out with her mom, which she is adamant won’t work but agreed to try anyway.

This is making me wonder if there will indeed be a solid end game resolution. Especially since Observer has promised to make Hime route hurt just as much down the line when her flaws will apparently be more obvious (and I expect it too since I was promised “no right answers” so I’m waiting for Hime Route to demonstrate that it’s not an actual fairytale ending).

So basically, my own current speculation for how the arcs would go is:

Inari: Overt Independence to the point of conflict => Being forced into a situation she simply cannot fix on her own for all her amazing intellect => Learning to swallow her pride and reach out => Reconciliation => Balance of Independence with Empathy/Kindness

Hime: Empathy and Kindness to a fault => Being forced into a situation she HAS to think for herself and not rely on her mother or Komari => Burnout from living for others while neglecting her own mental health (and maybe Nakano troubles) => Learning to think more for herself and do more self-care => Balance of Empathy/Kindness with Independence

I think if there is an endgame for Kinu, it will be she will find balance by returning to her roots as a kit and coming out as a more mature and well-adjusted version of both her child and adult selves.

But that’s just my dumb ramblings based on info received so far and maybe some personal experience on both things. I’m interested in knowing what everyone else thinks of info so far.

Let’s goooooo, Kinu Fans!

Last edited:

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
This is making me wonder if there will indeed be a solid end game resolution.

The final end to the storyline, probably a year or two down the road, is you fighting Taoth with your wife and daughter at your side in the Astral Plane where it all began.

Being forced into a situation she simply cannot fix on her own for all her amazing intellect

Being forced into a situation she HAS to think for herself and not rely on her mother or Komari

This event will probably be one and the same, where Raphael attempts to, and very nearly succeeds in, murdering your daughter and all your children.

Konstantin

Jan 21, 2020
Vienna Austria
The final end to the storyline, probably a year or two down the road, is you fighting Taoth with your wife and daughter at your side in the Astral Plane where it all began.

This event will probably be one and the same, where Raphael attempts to, and very nearly succeeds in, murdering your daughter and all your children.
First, why Taoth? Did not Keros illegimate use his place?
Second what about those saves importet from CoC where Urta quest failed and so Taoth never got reincarnated?
Third, what and who do you mean with Raphael?

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
That stuff got scrapped since and reworked into the story as it is now. Raphael is someone you encounter as part of that story.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
It doesn't matter.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
What?

Anyway, CoC2 is barely even tangentially connected to the original. Yes, Mareth still exists but its a completely different world with a completely different case of characters. Its not a sequel. Its not even the same universe, so not everything from the first game is going to be in the second.

Reactions: Emerald

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah, you got a broken link.

Anyway, things change. Build a bridge and get over it.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I speculate that she'll get bullied by Takahiro, but when you go to confront him he's fucking dead drunk in a ditch of Kinu's design.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

TheShepard256

While Keros and Taoth are both trickster deities, they held those positions in two different worlds. Keros never tried to usurp Taoth's place; however, the reverse is not true. Taoth is trying to usurp Keros, and in response, the latter gets the Champion to help him beat the former.
He's one of Taoth's agents sent to kill Kinu (and her siblings, if they exist) to get at the Champion, and develops some sort of twisted infatuation with her that somehow means he actually wants to kill her. Definitely not the kind of person you'd want to let anywhere near your daughter (or anyone you care about, really).

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Second what about those saves importet from CoC where Urta quest failed and so Taoth never got reincarnated?

*cough* You might want to check Observer’s thread for more updated information. The Taoth thing was scrapped both because it would result in too many save states to track AND no one wants to write Taoth side iirc. Also, you got it backwards; it was supposed to be where UrtaQuest succeeded and Taoth was reborn. Or else how the heck is he even supposed to literally ride Kasyrra’s balls in?

Second, Taoth was always meant to be The Usurper in CoC2 because as mentioned, CoC2 is literally as stated on the tin in the intro itself (read it again if you don’t believe us) set in a different universe from CoC1’s. Keros was always the Trickster God of Savarra; Taoth is of MARETH and so he’s trying to gank that position fro. Keros.

And lastly, CoC2 Raphael is not the same as CoC1 Raphael, though he is based on him since Observer felt CoC1 Raph behaved very creepily and wanted to lampshade that a bit with an AU version. Basically CoC1 Raph’s behaviors are sorta repeated with him except depicted as very creepy and disturbing (he was planned to have some kind of yandere obsession with your daughter, Kinu, after KinuQuest if you spare him, though I think that may or may not have been scrapped as well).

If you want more info, again, I recommend going into submissions and reading all of Observer’s files posted there.