[SPOILER] Rift dungeon items/companions

Necros

Nov 23, 2020
Ok shall we compile what's needed for the dungeon? Companions and items both.

Here's what i learned:
Do not go directly across the bridge use the route around
You can use Napta or Wyvern venom on first enemy encounter
Password for chest is RING
Rubble? Possibly Brint/Brienne? and some item
Door with passphrase? Got the phrase from previous quest step. There is an text input field paste phrase there
After Tollus first fight you can use Oil of Oliban or Wyvern venom on selkies.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
In addition to the information compiled above.

-For the rubble, I cleared it with Leananstone and used it to get around a cultist ambush on the other side of the staircase.
-You can also use ley crystal grenades on the first enemy encounter.
-In Whisper's fight, check which Whisper is acting twice per round and hit that one with your biggest single target damage.
-I don't think the Lureling copies one of your companions if you got the Avanai circlets from the mage ship. So if anyone hasn't done the mage ship yet, make sure you get into the final room and check Cupboard

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I can confirm that the circlets prevent the Lureling from copying your allies. My first run had a Champ with them and they never saw it. Second run Champ didn't and had to deal with the copying

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
-In Whisper's fight, check which Whisper is acting twice per round and hit that one with your biggest single target damage.
I somehow beat him by nuking all three with a spell. Do spells/powers have critical hits? I may have gotten extremely lucky.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
My apologies, but is it possible to do the dungeon without the hole Gweyr stuff? I really try my best to avoid even meeting her and reload if i do.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Not only is talking to her required to initiate it from a mechanical standpoint but from a story standpoint you can't even do the quest without her because she's the one with the intel that leads you to the various segments of the quest, either firsthand or because she knows someone who tells her and who doesn't have any reason to pass that same intel on to you. I mean, you could stumble upon the cult's stockpile on your own but the ship and dungeon are entirely dependent on knowledge you can only get from Gweyr.

So yeah, it's pretty much non-negotiable at this point.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
Not only is talking to her required to initiate it from a mechanical standpoint but from a story standpoint you can't even do the quest without her because she's the one with the intel that leads you to the various segments of the quest, either firsthand or because she knows someone who tells her and who doesn't have any reason to pass that same intel on to you. I mean, you could stumble upon the cult's stockpile on your own but the ship and dungeon are entirely dependent on knowledge you can only get from Gweyr.

So yeah, it's pretty much non-negotiable at this point.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for explaining why it has to be the way it is.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115