Space Wizards!

Lambda

May 17, 2017
Yo. I came here today to talk about space wizards. Like, where are they, you know? I am expecting a willpower based class somewhere along the line, but I am not sure where to look for the stated objectives for the project.
I had built a sample one for personal use, but I wanted to share it to see what you guys think of it, and more importantly to get ideas for a better one.

I will not bother explaining how it works here since it is a lot to read, but you can look here if you are interested in the mechanics of it. You can access the class by starting a new game and choosing "Sensitive".
MediaFire link to modded 0.7.45

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
The willpower based class is going to be psychics, but who knows when that'll be ready for release. "Magic" is something Fen is staying away from with TiTS, the theme is sci-fi after all.

That said, the rundown you posted is cohesive and well thought out, and although I won't download something from a someone I don't trust (no offense meant), if you actually made a functioning mod, that's pretty impressive, the rate of new people who actually put the content out that they say they will is very low.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Eventually, but not today. FenLords have said its far out enough that they're not going to bother discussing or refining whatever plans they have until they come to the consensus that they and the game are ready for it.

Also, perks look nice, but if the mod works don't spread it around too much. Savin hates mods with the passion of a thousand Helias.

Lambda

May 17, 2017
The willpower based class is going to be psychics, but who knows when that'll be ready for release. "Magic" is something Fen is staying away from with TiTS, the theme is sci-fi after all.

That said, the rundown you posted is cohesive and well thought out, and although I won't download something from a someone I don't trust (no offense meant), if you actually made a functioning mod, that's pretty impressive, the rate of new people who actually put the content out that they say they will is very low.

I figured it would be more of a psychic sort of thing. That is the one I am working on now.
And none taken. The summary mostly describes what the class does anyway.

Also, perks look nice, but if the mod works don't spread it around too much. Savin hates mods with the passion of a thousand Helias.

Uh. Do you know why that might be?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Reading comprehension is a crime.
It's openly know on forum that devs do not wish to see any mod made for TiTS. Lucid Dreams WAS an only one exception (since they thought about possibly make it as part of game in future - if you interested in that use magic called Search function typing there Lucid Dreams). So OP whatever you do about wide spreading around mod for TITS may be walking on very thin ice here on this forum.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It's openly know on forum that devs do not wish to see any mod made for TiTS. Lucid Dreams WAS an only one exception (since they thought about possibly make it as part of game in future - if you interested in that use magic called Search function typing there Lucid Dreams). So OP whatever you do about wide spreading around mod for TITS may be walking on very thin ice here on this forum.
Ted posted and said he's not on thin ice almost three hours ago.

Lambda

May 17, 2017
Ted posted and said he's not on thin ice almost three hours ago.
Did you just assume my

I'd hope not, at least considering that the mod was mostly meant to quickly test an idea. I do not really plan on making a fully-fledged mod for this game unless the development team disappears into the sunset.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Yeah, if this warranted a warning, an answer like mine probably would've gotten me banned.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
This is the kinda mod that's actually pretty cool.

That said, canon-TiTS doesn't have magic or wizards or whatever. There's very limited psionic powers in the galaxy, but mechanics for that are hardcore backburner land. The rate things are going they'll probably be one of the last major systems added.

For PCs anyway. NPCs like Zaalt and the Frostwyrm already have psionics.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Meh, psionics and magic are pretty much reskins of one another anyways. Settings are what makes them and sufficient efforts within a universe can usually turn whatever form of magic they've got into regular ass science assuming the magic follows some sort of rules. Plus there is the other end of the spectrum of technology that is so good that it's pretty much magic even when you factor in people being too stupid to understand it, which is where you get the likes of 40k Necrons and I think Dark Age of Technology Humanity.

Rambling aside, I believe the point is that TITs is the sort of setting with low supernatural factors, sorta like the Witcher is from what i know of it. You've got your flavor of magic floating around, but it's not a huge fundamental part of life as a whole. Though I am curious about how the whole "tainted" aspect of TITs is connected with psionics and shit now.