Someone else have this issue?

Irall

Sep 19, 2015
Usualy, when a new backer build came out, I downlode it on google chrome, then it play it there. But,since the last update , I cant play it on google chrome anymore and only on Internet Explorer, losing all my progress so far. Anybody else had that issue and manage to fix it?

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Usualy, when a new backer build came out, I downlode it on google chrome, then it play it there. But,since the last update , I cant play it on google chrome anymore and only on Internet Explorer, losing all my progress so far. Anybody else had that issue and manage to fix it?
So what exactly is happening? Is it just a white screen or something else?

Irall

Sep 19, 2015
Usualy , when I downlode it ,it jump straigth into the game on goggle chrome. Now, it downlode a page insted that can only be use on Internet Explorer. If I use the link on Chrome , it just redownlode the patch.

SmutForger

Feb 18, 2017
I actually had this problem two weeks ago (I don't know how it happened, probably a chrome or flash update). I fiddled around with a couple of settings and I forgot what exactly fixed it for me. I do know for sure that it has to do with Chrome not identifying .swf as the correct MIME-type. In laymans terms, this means that google doesn't know what to do when it gets told "Open this file" and instead starts doing its default thing (Downloading it).

Chrome has started making some power-user features (Such as assigning MIME-Types) hard to change. However, there is one simple solution, and that's an extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/force-media-type/dpfpbhhpecfkhkmponbmaldhfollibde
Download it, and restart Chrome. (Make sure there are no chrome.exe processes running before you start Chrome again). And load up the file. If it doesn't work yet, try this:

Right click the new icon on the top right as shown below; Press options as shown below; and type in the text as shown below; save; quit chrome again and restart it again (Make sure Chrome isn't running when you start it up again, just in case)

http://i.imgur.com/FI8HADJ.png

This should absolutely work for you.

Irall

Sep 19, 2015
It dint work strangely enoft. I restart my computer when you said to close down chrome just to be sure, but , it still not working strangely enoft.

Djerun

Feb 22, 2017
Having the same problem here and unfortunately the extension didnt work for me.
For some reason it works in firefox, as well as in chrome on another pc.
Reinstalling chrome didnt help also so I hope you can tell us how you made it work!

SmutForger

Feb 18, 2017
I see why the extension isn't working (IF the theory below is correct).

The extension correctly tells Chrome that it is a flash file that can be opened by Adobe Flash Player, but according to various sites in t'internet; the newest flash player doesn't always automatically register on Chrome and/or doesn't have the "Always allowed to run" checkbox ticked. To solve this:

Type in your address bar:
chrome://plugins
Make sure it looks something like this:

7eyqizt.png

Make sure the checkbox "Always allowed to run" is ticked and ensure that the "MIME types:" you see there are correct. If they're not correct, the extension I linked earlier might solve that for you. If somehow you still cannot get this to work (Flash player isn't in that list or what have you), try re-installing flash for Chrome.

Please let me know if this worked!

Reactions: Djerun

Djerun

Feb 22, 2017
aw yiss that did it for me!
Thanks for your help

btw: this solution was also featured on the main page so I guess a lot of people had issues like that