Some goddamn ROBOT PARTS BB

So uh, yea. Hey. Cybernetics are cool I think.

Before I get into it: Yes, I'm well aware that Steele getting some slick metal parts has been planned for ages, and there's probably oodles and oodles of stuff already written about it, waiting for a bit of code to give it life.

That being said, I've always found the idea of combining flesh and metal such a perverse corruption of the natural world, which is just so painfully interesting and neat. I mean come on, slapping some metal bits on bleed-y parts to make this friggin huge amalgamation that will make DeathsHead, Wilhelm, and Anderson all consecutively cream themselves? Shit's cool. (Except imagining those fucks actually creaming, ew)

So, to cut to the chase, I've slowly been building up a document with a piss-ton of ideas and concepts I've been boiling up; including classification for degrees of cybernetics (fucking UGC bureaucrats), actual ideas for cybernetics that Steele can get jammed into them, lore bits on why robo parts work, why they've been mostly overshadowed by gene mods, ways Steele can actually get some nice shiny robot parts stuck inside the fleshy bits, and other scatterbrained stuff that you'd imagine in a half-baked initial draft.

I honestly just want to know if there would be any real interest or use for my ideas, I got no clue how far in development cybernetics actually are, or if any of my ideas would be actually useful. I fully intend on writing and fleshing out all of this with respect to pre-existing lore (No deus ex machinas, don't worry), and at least make something somewhat believable. Or at least as believable as a planet-hopping heir to a unbelievably wealthy playboy getting some robot parts for funsies after fucking a few dozen different species can be :ghost:

Alright I finished outlining what I think are some semi-realistic classifications for those gosh darn metal parts. Any input will be realy friggin appreciated. (Yea I realize there's a lot of useless lore bits thrown in there, whatevah)

Link to the doc

Last edited:
Considering that we can opt for cybernetic replacement limbs, or fully natural regrown organics?

Hit it. Seriously, sky's the limit and cybernetic implants/replacements seem to be the norm in TiTSVerse beside organic technologies.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
There is interest, enough that two other people have already presented similar already-completed works to the devs. Sadly I've already written a 83 pages of a tf doc for techno-organic transformation and have been rejected for the encounter being a horror show and some grammar issues. I intend to do a rewrite to simplify it and lessen the horror factor of the entire thing and to use the rewrite as a reset switch for what my author's bias is not letting me see as incorrect sentence format. With my other projects in the assembly line and this one being at the way back I estimate you have about a year before the rewrite takes place. If you do better than I did then I fucking hope it gets in. Steele needs some steel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crablord

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
can we color our metal
or shoot lasers

can we have booby augments

idk brochacho, writing smexy stuff isn't my forte and I've heard that smexy robo bits is off the table

In all seriousness right now I'm mainly focused on prosthetics/system augmentation, ect. Eventually I might look into lazer nips or whatever, but right now it's not on the agenda

tho now that i've said lazer nips aloud i can't stop laughing

Reactions: Crablord

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
That looks more like a codex entry-outline-explanation rather than actual content you can add to the game. BTW weaponized prosthetic are commonly available to civilians and not outlawed. See Saendra and her flamethrower arm.

Reactions: Jongeedubs
That looks more like a codex entry-outline-explanation rather than actual content you can add to the game. BTW weaponized prosthetic are commonly available to civilians and not outlawed. See Saendra and her flamethrower arm.
Yea, I've only been working on this for about a week and it's still bare-bones as hell.

I am planning to eventually write out full cybernetics, places where Steele to aquire them, and npcs to interact with, blah blah. Buuuuut for now I'm more focused on just getting my ideas straitened out. I'd hate to write a character on an idea that I decide "hey that's stupid as hell". Probably still gonna happen but still.

But yea right now this is just a basic as hell outline. probs should add a little thing at the top about that

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
The thing is, you don't really need to go into depth about cybernetics. They're common enough that they are recognisable to the general population, especially in members of military service and those in high risk jobs. No one company has exclusive rights to making them. There's religious doctrine in the Church of the One God, while frowned upon, it is permitted to replace a lost or damaged limb. There's a terrorist organisation that is very much pro-cybernetics.

You don't need to add any more to the background, because they are so commonly seen that they don't need it.

What you need to do is concentrate on the actual products, where will they be sold, who might sell them and so on.

I don't know what plans you have for those items, but something to bear in mind as well is that cybernetics will more than likely be treated like a transformative item. And the hard rule with regards to TFs is that they don't confer an advantage in combat. Meaning that cybernetic arm or those legs will just be that, an arm or a pair of legs.