Solution to being unable to save on android

throwawaypsa

Feb 10, 2023
Hello! After grappling with this on and off for two days because I wanted to move my save to pc, I finally found a way to make "Save to file" work! It is, quite frankly, surprisingly simple, and fixed the whole thing in a sec!

So, essentially... I think the issue wasn't some error with the pathfinding when ported to android, but rather the app's ability to do it- which is solved like, immediately as soon as you give the app permission to access files and media!

I finally found someone who mentioned it in a TiTS post of the same nature, and it does work, or at least it did for me, but like, Considering how I was literally at it for hours before hitting the exact right keyword for that post to appear, I thought it might be a good idea to try and make it more visible for anyone struggling with it in the future!

TLDR; in the app settings, allow access to "files and media"

kendyl.khyle

Feb 11, 2024
Hello! After grappling with this on and off for two days because I wanted to move my save to pc, I finally found a way to make "Save to file" work! It is, quite frankly, surprisingly simple, and fixed the whole thing in a sec!

So, essentially... I think the issue wasn't some error with the pathfinding when ported to android, but rather the app's ability to do it- which is solved like, immediately as soon as you give the app permission to access files and media!

I finally found someone who mentioned it in a TiTS post of the same nature, and it does work, or at least it did for me, but like, Considering how I was literally at it for hours before hitting the exact right keyword for that post to appear, I thought it might be a good idea to try and make it more visible for anyone struggling with it in the future!

TLDR; in the app settings, allow access to "files and media"
I can't thank you enough for this, I had almost given up on finding a solution. Funny how you posted this almost exactly one year ago too, haha!